• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

I tend to agree with that assumption to some extent, but winning in the playoffs next season will cure everything. Anything less than that is unacceptable. As it should be.
I will always live and die with the Steelers, but Tomlin makes me sick and it'l be that way until he gets TF out.

Tomlin didn’t just come up with the idea of canning O’Canada on his own. I think he was force fed and responded with keeping his own job.

When Art2 came into Mike’s office unannounced and sat down, it was at that point Tomlin became a yes man.

Salute the nation
You KNOW Deuce came in and stuck his size 11 shoe where the sun don't shine. Art had had enough. I think Art saw signs of things that he cares about: fans losing their attention (leading to lack of ticket sales eventually). None of your witty quips will get you out of this, Shades.

Tomlin didn’t just come up with the idea of canning O’Canada on his own. I think he was force fed and responded with keeping his own job.

When Art2 came into Mike’s office unannounced and sat down, it was at that point Tomlin became a yes man.
Exactly. Been watching Shades long enough to know he’s the type who hates change and new people. Been a lot of very un-Shades like moves beginning with Canaduh’s firing.

Exactly. Been watching Shades long enough to know he’s the type who hates change and new people. Been a lot of very un-Shades like moves beginning with Canaduh’s firing.

Even his body language / verbality / & demeanor shows that he has been put forth with an ulttimatum.

The delay on the extension, shows the caution being exhibited.

I’m not saying he is gone soon, but there are visual cracks that could grow.

Salute the nation

Even his body language / verbality / & demeanor shows that he has been put forth with an ulttimatum.

Salute the nation
Not to rain on any parades, and I may be wrong, but, don’t they usually handle Tomlin’s extensions closer to training camp? Like May or June. DK and Dulac have both said they don’t expect an extension until the Summer.

Ok, so this is what I have been able to piece together from Gulac and other sources. Steelers had a contract offer extended to Rudolph and it was similar to the Trubisky deal in that 8 million a year range with the "promise" of an open competition. Rudolph wanted to test the market to see if any starting spots available. When he hit the market he found the Steelers offer of 8m plus the "promise" of an open competition was the best he had. The Steelers in the meantime had met with Russ and did not have a deal worked out and left that meeting feeling they were not his top team to come to. Then when Mason and his agent reached out to Pittsburgh to say he was going to accept their offer in the time Mason hit the airport to the time he landed in Pittsburgh Wilson's agent reached out to Pittsburgh to say he would accept the deal as long as he as in the lead position at QB. Meaning his job to lose. Pittsburgh agreed. Rudolph heads to the facility to sign only to find out the Steelers had reneged on their earlier agreement. Mason, pissed at getting screwed over by the Steelers yet again calls Kenny to tell him what happened. Because Mason and Kenny are friends and he wanted to give him a heads up that he wasn't coming back and probably disclosed that they said Russ was going to be the Starter. Kenny, cancels his scheduled workout with the receivers and goes to the facility where Tomlin tells him Russ is in the lead position and it is his to lose. Kenny, who has seen Mason get the shaft and lied to the last couple of seasons, demands a trade. Steelers send him to Philly for peanuts.

So, at the end of the day I understand where Kenny was coming from. I made mention a couple years ago that Mason signed a one year deal in 2021 to extend his contract through 2022 with the promise he would have the opportunity to compete for the starting job. Steelers sign Trubisky to a contract and Mason continues to declare he has no issue as he has been promise an opportunity. Steelers draft KP in the first and Mason continues to state he has been promised an opportunity to win the starting position. Training camp and Preseason Mason easily outplays BOTH Trubisky and Pickett. Mason ends up #3 on the depth chart. Of course he feels slighted but remains a good teammate and tries to help Mitch and Kenny as much as he can.

Now I am sure Mason has told Kenny that if he could have done things differently he would not have signed that one year extension with the false promises. He would have been 26 and could have gone into free agency to either choose another team or to force the Steelers to commit to him and not that bag of cash to Mitch. Kenny obviously heeded that advice and said screw this I am out.

I guess at the end of the day honesty with your players is probably your best option. Steelers have not been very honest since Art and Mike have been here. I am a little disappointed that Khan isn't better.

But at this point I have no hard feelings towards Kenny. He did what he thought best for himself as the Steelers are going to do what is best for the organization and they'll say anything to get what they want.

Salute the nation
I just do not believe he wouod be coaching this team if he wasn't get an extension. Worst part is it will be two years through 2026. But if this year and next don't show progress he probably does not coach in 2026.

I just do not believe he wouod be coaching this team if he wasn't get an extension. Worst part is it will be two years through 2026. But if this year and next don't show progress he probably does not coach in 2026.

Fully agree SteelerSask2, first real time Tomlin could be put on the "HOT" seat.

Salute the nation

To follow up on the idea someone brought up about how many will be happy about our new QBs ethnicity I'd just like to add that it's funny how the word "diva" has not been used up to this point to describe Kenny.... It's almost like that term is reserved for "certain other people's" behavior.....let's just leave it at that.

But the NFL and it's media partners are woke is what some keep telling me.....:ROFLMAO: Yes, Kenny Pickett is the epitome of a diva. Privileged, wanted things handed to him,...glad he's gone.

I've watched Devin Bush play as closely as I've ever seen a player. I will be honest I couldn't go back to his rookie season. All zi know is something or someone cleaned up for him. You don't suddenly stop taking a gap because you had ACL surgery.
He got scared and never got the edge back

Ok, so this is what I have been able to piece together from Gulac and other sources. Steelers had a contract offer extended to Rudolph and it was similar to the Trubisky deal in that 8 million a year range with the "promise" of an open competition. Rudolph wanted to test the market to see if any starting spots available. When he hit the market he found the Steelers offer of 8m plus the "promise" of an open competition was the best he had. The Steelers in the meantime had met with Russ and did not have a deal worked out and left that meeting feeling they were not his top team to come to. Then when Mason and his agent reached out to Pittsburgh to say he was going to accept their offer in the time Mason hit the airport to the time he landed in Pittsburgh Wilson's agent reached out to Pittsburgh to say he would accept the deal as long as he as in the lead position at QB. Meaning his job to lose. Pittsburgh agreed. Rudolph heads to the facility to sign only to find out the Steelers had reneged on their earlier agreement. Mason, pissed at getting screwed over by the Steelers yet again calls Kenny to tell him what happened. Because Mason and Kenny are friends and he wanted to give him a heads up that he wasn't coming back and probably disclosed that they said Russ was going to be the Starter. Kenny, cancels his scheduled workout with the receivers and goes to the facility where Tomlin tells him Russ is in the lead position and it is his to lose. Kenny, who has seen Mason get the shaft and lied to the last couple of seasons, demands a trade. Steelers send him to Philly for peanuts.

So, at the end of the day I understand where Kenny was coming from. I made mention a couple years ago that Mason signed a one year deal in 2021 to extend his contract through 2022 with the promise he would have the opportunity to compete for the starting job. Steelers sign Trubisky to a contract and Mason continues to declare he has no issue as he has been promise an opportunity. Steelers draft KP in the first and Mason continues to state he has been promised an opportunity to win the starting position. Training camp and Preseason Mason easily outplays BOTH Trubisky and Pickett. Mason ends up #3 on the depth chart. Of course he feels slighted but remains a good teammate and tries to help Mitch and Kenny as much as he can.

Now I am sure Mason has told Kenny that if he could have done things differently he would not have signed that one year extension with the false promises. He would have been 26 and could have gone into free agency to either choose another team or to force the Steelers to commit to him and not that bag of cash to Mitch. Kenny obviously heeded that advice and said screw this I am out.

I guess at the end of the day honesty with your players is probably your best option. Steelers have not been very honest since Art and Mike have been here. I am a little disappointed that Khan isn't better.

But at this point I have no hard feelings towards Kenny. He did what he thought best for himself as the Steelers are going to do what is best for the organization and they'll say anything to get what they want.

I saw you post the same fan fiction on Twitter/Reddit lol.

Here are just some of the reasons your story falls through:

• Where are you getting that MR was 'promised' the opportunity to start in 2021?
  • It was well documented that MR wanted to test the FA, and more importantly, was interested in moving on from the Steelers.
  • You think the Steelers were going to offer Rudolph nearly double what the market was offering him?
  • If Kenny and Rudolph were such good friends-
    • Why was Kenny such a sourpuss when asked to be his backup?
    • Why did he refuse to dress for the SEA game?
    • What evidence do you have to show that MR would even care about Pickett's career?

Even if your story is partly true (which it is not), KP8 still comes across as a brat.

He got scared and never got the edge back
Yet somehow fooled professional coaches to believe he could play not only in Pittsburgh but Seattle and now as a try out with Cleveland. Makes you wonder what he was scared of. An ACL? Like you are getting out of this business without orthopedic surgery.

Here are just some of the reasons your story falls through:

• Where are you getting that MR was 'promised' the opportunity to start in 2021?
  • It was well documented that MR wanted to test the FA, and more importantly, was interested in moving on from the Steelers.
  • You think the Steelers were going to offer Rudolph nearly double what the market was offering him?
  • If Kenny and Rudolph were such good friends-
    • Why was Kenny such a sourpuss when asked to be his backup?
    • Why did he refuse to dress for the SEA game?
    • What evidence do you have to show that MR would even care about Pickett's career?

Even if your story is partly true (which it is not), KP8 still comes across as a brat.
1. Fast forward to like 2:10

He states he has an opportunity. At this point in camp he is still under that impression.

2. Correct. He tested the free agent market and from all accounts Pittsburgh had offered more money and again a promise of an open competition. I truly believe if all things were the same monetary wise he wouldn't have signed here. But the reports are the Steelers were going to give him Mitch type money and I am sure that played a big role. I don't know if Tennessee offered more money than anyone else but they definitely offered the best opportunity. We reneged and he took the best opportunity out there.

3. Yes. They offered Mitch that money and to bring him back they likely would have to beat other offers out there.

4. Have you heard Kenny or Mason talk bad about each other. If you have ever been in a locker room you know there's a difference between wanting to be the starter and being upset that you aren't and being a d-bag to the guy who is. You separate your feelings from the person. Kenny was mad he didn't get the starting job back. That does not mean he isn't friends with Mason. Aaron Rodgers left GB because the team drafted Love. Aaron and Love talk all the time and are friends. Business is business and personal is personal. Show me anything that suggests they are not friends.

5. Maybe Kenny is being a brat. But if what has been reported is true then I can't really fault him from not wanting to be treated like they treated Mason. If we get the stank of being a bad organization to play for it will take a lot to get that smell off. Look at the Bengals and how years went by of them having to overpay to get free agents to come there because of how they treated players in the past. And look at the league survey on the Steelers. It paints a picture of a poorly ran organization.

Ok. If they score at Centre, tackle, two receiver spots, corner, Russ plays well, and they stay virtually uninjured at key positions I agree they have a shot. Otherwise no.
How was keeping Pickett around going to change any of that?

I have to agree here. Entitlement showed way to much.

Salute the nation

This hurt feelings / lied to narrative is just plain ridiculous. Nobody should have a guaranteed anything from one day to the next. If someone can come in and replace you tomorrow and it gives the team a better chance at winning next week, that is how the cookie crumbles. Be better, do better, and make it so you can't be replaced. Obviously the coaching staff, GM, and Ownership felt that Pickett was not the answer. If Kenny got sandy because competition was brought in (which Tomlin said at his end of the season presser was going to happen), and felt like he didn't want to compete, that is on him. Whether his feelings are hurt or he felt lied to is just plain bullshit.

This seems logical with everything I've read. Tomlin definitely isn't always up front with the players, but it is the nature of the business some of the time. It's a performance-based business and things change quickly as they did with Wilson coming in. Players are drafted and signed all the time to upgrade the roster and take jobs. I don't get why all of a sudden the Steelers are doing below average plays "dirty" and "lying" to them. Play better and you don't have to worry about them signing other players.

These two QBs could be a disaster, but without a doubt the duo of Wilson and Fields bring a higher upside in terms of success. They could also result in a bigger failure and lead to a great draft pick. Either way it'll help the team move forward and builds more excitement heading into the season. I'm not sure I could've handled another year of incompetent QB play.

Before all this started I thought Mason Rudolph should have been given a full year to start. Then they got Mitch and Kenny. I think Kenny should have been given this year. I think this is a mistake.
Agreed. Somehow some think all is good in the way the Steelers are handling our QB position since Ben retired. Crazy. Hopefully, it works out.

See you later Kenny !
tiny-hands-5740.jpg

This hurt feelings / lied to narrative is just plain ridiculous. Nobody should have a guaranteed anything from one day to the next. If someone can come in and replace you tomorrow and it gives the team a better chance at winning next week, that is how the cookie crumbles. Be better, do better, and make it so you can't be replaced. Obviously the coaching staff, GM, and Ownership felt that Pickett was not the answer. If Kenny got sandy because competition was brought in (which Tomlin said at his end of the season presser was going to happen), and felt like he didn't want to compete, that is on him. Whether his feelings are hurt or he felt lied to is just plain bullshit.
Yet that is what Wilson wanted.

Do you really think there was going to be a "competition"? This was Wilson's job from the time he agreed to come aboard.

So I read an article stating the Steelers were already planning on resigning Fields after the season. Not necessarily picking up his 5th-year option but signing him long-term. If that is truly the case my question then is why wouldn't you just start him now? See what you got with him. Put Wilson as a back-up.

So I read an article stating the Steelers were already planning on resigning Fields after the season. Not necessarily picking up his 5th-year option but signing him long-term. If that is truly the case my question then is why wouldn't you just start him now? See what you got with him. Put Wilson as a back-up.
Im Skeptical about that...

No way have they made that decision yet.