• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Yep. Kenny will never be a John Elway.:giggle:

Well Dan Marino was #13 so that won't work either.

I think he was referring to Ben ROETHLISBERGER, who happens to be a step or many above Johnny.

Salute the nation

Eagles fan not happy about Pickett at QB. Reading the boards, they are saying:

- Bad trade, they got hosed.
- Picket has a weak arm, poor accuracy and crumbles from pressure.
- He is, at best, the 3rd-string QB and might not even make the roster.

They also have been bitching About JH too...
he got paid and is lackadaisical according to some... because they ***** about everything and everyone... thats what they do

Meanwhile, Mason Rudolph lighting it up in Titans camp. If Levis stumbles out of the gates you could see a midseason move to the red nosed reindeer to once again save the season. Weird...

Many Eagles fans are like many Steelers fans, they are always bitching about their players including their best players. Just as we regularly hear craziness like trading Ben (when he played) Watt etc, so to do the Eagles fans. That being said, Pickett is what he is. He got a bit of (justified) break because of the crapshow known as Canada. However, he is now showing that he just isn't good enough irrespective. Absent something happening out of nowhere, he appears to be a backup at best. Thus, he was both a bad draft pick for us (for where he was picked) and a bad trade for the Beagles.

Meanwhile, Mason Rudolph lighting it up in Titans camp. If Levis stumbles out of the gates you could see a midseason move to the red nosed reindeer to once again save the season. Weird...

Not that I am sad about where our QB room is now, but would have been interesting to see Mason in the Art Smith offense. I think it is the type of offense that would have suited him VERY well.

Not that I am sad about where our QB room is now, but would have been interesting to see Mason in the Art Smith offense. I think it is the type of offense that would have suited him VERY well.
I agree. It seems like Khan decided a million for Wilson was a better option than 5 or 6 million for Mason. I don't have any skin in the game anymore so I don't really care how Mason does. But he was always a good teammate and took way too much bs from coaches and fans so I will keep an eye out to see what his NFL career ends up being. I would like to see a real shot at starting though. If it would have been a fair shot at Pickett and Rudolph in Steelers camp this year I don't see a possibility of him not starting. But only time will tell if he ever gets another opportunity.

he got paid and is lackadaisical according to some... because they ***** about everything and everyone... thats what they do
I'm not so sure Eagle fan is wrong about either QB in this case, there could be truth to it.

Hit the nail on the head. Philly fans are miserable sods, bitching about everyone and everything. I live amongst them and football season is their carnival.

Hit the nail on the head. Philly fans are miserable sods, bitching about everyone and everything. I live amongst them and football season is their carnival.
That, in itself, doesn't make them wrong about Pickett; they are right on the $. He sucks and is terrible.

I forgot how brutal Tennessee's QB depth chart was. IMO, Levis was way overdrafted because of his arm strength. Obviously they'll go with the young prospect, but Rudolph is probably easily the best all-around QB on the roster.

I forgot how brutal Tennessee's QB depth chart was. IMO, Levis was way overdrafted because of his arm strength. Obviously they'll go with the young prospect, but Rudolph is probably easily the best all-around QB on the roster.
Levi was a rookie last year and put up rookie-like #s; his TD-int ratio wasn't bad, 8 TDs - 4 ints. And he did show some "moments" with scoring drives. I'd say it's "up in the air" if he's a legit NFL QB yet. Rudolph could easily be the better QB right now but with as much of a ceiling? Not sure. Levi needs more time. But what QB gives them the best chance to win now? Could be Mason.

Levi was a rookie last year and put up rookie-like #s; his TD-int ratio wasn't bad, 8 TDs - 4 ints. And he did show some "moments" with scoring drives. I'd say it's "up in the air" if he's a legit NFL QB yet. Rudolph could easily be the better QB right now but with as much of a ceiling? Not sure. Levi needs more time. But what QB gives them the best chance to win now? Could be Mason.
I wasn't even thinking of his rookie performance, just who he was as a prospect. I just wasn't a believer in him as a franchise QB and thought he was overdrafted. Rudolph obviously doesn't have the ceiling, but would be the more stable option right now because of his all-around game. Levis should get a long leash this year even if he isn't the best performing QB because they need to find out if he can be the main guy. I wouldn't expect Mason to be good enough to lead them to the playoffs or even contend for a WC spot.

That, in itself, doesn't make them wrong about Pickett; they are right on the $. He sucks and is terrible.
The idiom is "in and of itself". In any case, I wasn't speaking of Jr whopper or his piss poor performance in Philly. I couldn't care less about the guy. I was merely bitching about the Philly fan's bitching. Apparently, they're rubbing off on me. :ROFLMAO:

The idiom is "in and of itself". In any case, I wasn't speaking of Jr whopper or his piss poor performance in Philly. I couldn't care less about the guy. I was merely bitching about the Philly fan's bitching. Apparently, they're rubbing off on me. :ROFLMAO:
:pound: :LOL::ROFLMAO: I guess. A lot of us end up doing that.

You didn't know this already???

Who is Levi???

didn't know that, so "in itself" shouldn't be used?

didn't know that, so "in itself" shouldn't be used?
English is confusing and it sucks at times. Sure, you can use "In itself" and it would be technically correct, but using it as an idiom like Llyod did makes one seem simple when you get it wrong. It's like saying "you're throwing the baby out" instead of "you're throwing the baby out with the bath water" If you make an attempt, get it right.

So are you suggesting Iggles fans are a bunch of whiny, miserable, ***** about everything and everyone pole sliders? 🤔

Sounds awful

I agree. It seems like Khan decided a million for Wilson was a better option than 5 or 6 million for Mason. I don't have any skin in the game anymore so I don't really care how Mason does.
Bullshlt. You are hoping and praying that Rudolph does well in Tennessee so you can say "I told you so" to anybody who will listen.

Was Kenny ever challenged for the starting job at Pitt? He seems to have a sense of entitlement like he doesn't have to earn anything. Steelers signed Wilson and Kenny immediately wanted out. Now it seems like he's going through the motions in Philly probably assuming the #2 job is his.