• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gervais Rios Hollywood at Golden Globes

One of the best. "So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use your platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your god and **** off."

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Beautiful. None of them have any clue what he’s talking about of course because the real world is fictional to them. But it’s still a valiant effort to shrink their egos down a little.

Good job!

The downside is that we'll never see him on TV or in the movies again.

Oh no doubt. And the groupthink mob are probably searching his tweets from a decade ago as we type. He's screwed.

Speaking of Hollywood. Did anyone see yet another elitist Hollywood actor condone the assassination of a sitting US President? After Iran put a bounty on President Trump's head of I think $80Million, George Lopez tweeted "We'll do it for half."

Someone should be going to prison...

I guess they live by different laws than you and I do. Madonna called for the blowing up of the White House. George Lopez saying they will kill him for $40Million.

If you or I said that...

If nobody watched these soul sucking attention ***** magnets they called award shows, would Hollywood collapse in on itself? Just asking cause i never understood why anyone cares?

You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your god and **** off."

That's gonna leave a mark!

lolololololol

Man for once I wished I had watched this.

Same, I caught it on replay. I don't watch award shows any more. Don't need to be lectured by people who make millions of dollars pretending they're someone else saying words written by someone else.

Good job!

The downside is that we'll never see him on TV or in the movies again.

We'll see. He's gay so they might not want to be accused of homophobia.

Yeah, he told them the truth. Doubt any of them will take it under consideration.

Oh no doubt. And the groupthink mob are probably searching his tweets from a decade ago as we type. He's screwed.

already saw on Facebook:
All you Trumpers praising Ricky do know he is against owning guns and killing animals, probably should look him up before you praise him.

I responded:
he may be. But did he use that platform last night to push his personal agenda?

81625919_624118288324602_6561962721158365184_o.jpg

Other than seeing his monologue on FB I didn't see anything else from the self gratifying event.

Did the beautiful people follow his advice?

Other than seeing his monologue on FB I didn't see anything else from the self gratifying event.

Did the beautiful people follow his advice?

Short answer? Nope.

Patricia Arquette and Michelle Williams were quite vocal to the SJW crowd.

I really wish they hadn't bleeped out Joaquin Phoenix's acceptance speech -- he was definitely somewhere in the middle but did call out everyone in the audience for not practicing what they preach (regarding private planes and such).

the look on their faces while they were squirming in their seats was priceless. I love movies, but can't take their elitist attitudes. Good for them! Esp Booby De Niro. F him!

My wife watches those awards show. I have avoided them for years. She was watching during the Gervais monologue as I was readying to go downstairs and watch something else. I was in the kitchen, making something to eat and drink while downstairs, and fortunately heard the Gervais monologue. Here is a much larger sampling and as you can see, he took serious whacks at everything Holly-Lefty:

Many talented people of color were snubbed in major categories. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about that. Hollywood Foreign press are all very racist. Fifth time. So. We were going to do an In-Memoriam this year, but when I saw the list of people who died, it wasn’t diverse enough. No, it was mostly white people and I thought, nah, not on my watch. Maybe next year. Let’s see what happens.

No one cares about movies anymore. No one goes to cinema, no one really watches network TV. Everyone is watching Netflix. This show should just be me coming out, going, “Well done Netflix. You win everything. Good night.” But no, we got to drag it out for three hours. You could binge-watch the entire first season of Afterlife instead of watching this show. That’s a show about a man who wants to kill himself cause his wife dies of cancer and it’s still more fun than this. Spoiler alert, season two is on the way so in the end he obviously didn’t kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. Shut up. I know he’s your friend but I don’t care.

Seriously, most films are awful. Lazy. Remakes, sequels. I’ve heard a rumor there might be a sequel to Sophie’s Choice. I mean, that would just be Meryl just going, “Well, it’s gotta be this one then.” All the best actors have jumped to Netflix, HBO. And the actors who just do Hollywood movies now do fantasy-adventure nonsense. They wear masks and capes and really tight costumes. Their job isn’t acting anymore. It’s going to the gym twice a day and taking steroids, really. Have we got an award for most ripped junky? No point, we’d know who’d win that.

Martin Scorsese made the news for his controversial comments about the Marvel franchise. He said they’re not real cinema and they remind him about theme parks. I agree. Although I don’t know what he’s doing hanging around theme parks. He’s not big enough to go on the rides. He’s tiny. The Irishman was amazing. It was amazing. It was great. Long, but amazing. It wasn’t the only epic movie. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, nearly three hours long. Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere and by the end his date was too old for him. Even Prince Andrew was like, “Come on, Leo, mate.You’re nearly 50-something.”

The world got to see James Corden as a fat *****. He was also in the movie Cats. No one saw that movie. And the reviews, shocking. I saw one that said, “This is the worst thing to happen to cats since dogs.” But Dame Judi Dench defended the film saying it was the film she was born to play because she loves nothing better than plunking herself down on the carpet, lifting her leg and licking her ***. (Coughs) Hairball. She’s old-school.

It’s the last time, who cares? Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. Well, you say you’re woke but the companies you work for in China — unbelievable. Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you?

So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.

So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and **** off, OK?

So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.

So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and **** off, OK?[/i]

Oddly enough, the first award winner was of Muslim faith and he did thank his God. He also commented about his show on Hulu that no one has seen. I know I haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I watched that clip this morning. Pure truth and it was hilarious because of it.

My wife watches those awards show. I have avoided them for years. She was watching during the Gervais monologue as I was readying to go downstairs and watch something else. I was in the kitchen, making something to eat and drink while downstairs, and fortunately heard the Gervais monologue. Here is a much larger sampling and as you can see, he took serious whacks at everything Holly-Lefty:

Many talented people of color were snubbed in major categories. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about that. Hollywood Foreign press are all very racist. Fifth time. So. We were going to do an In-Memoriam this year, but when I saw the list of people who died, it wasn’t diverse enough. No, it was mostly white people and I thought, nah, not on my watch. Maybe next year. Let’s see what happens.

No one cares about movies anymore. No one goes to cinema, no one really watches network TV. Everyone is watching Netflix. This show should just be me coming out, going, “Well done Netflix. You win everything. Good night.” But no, we got to drag it out for three hours. You could binge-watch the entire first season of Afterlife instead of watching this show. That’s a show about a man who wants to kill himself cause his wife dies of cancer and it’s still more fun than this. Spoiler alert, season two is on the way so in the end he obviously didn’t kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. Shut up. I know he’s your friend but I don’t care.

Seriously, most films are awful. Lazy. Remakes, sequels. I’ve heard a rumor there might be a sequel to Sophie’s Choice. I mean, that would just be Meryl just going, “Well, it’s gotta be this one then.” All the best actors have jumped to Netflix, HBO. And the actors who just do Hollywood movies now do fantasy-adventure nonsense. They wear masks and capes and really tight costumes. Their job isn’t acting anymore. It’s going to the gym twice a day and taking steroids, really. Have we got an award for most ripped junky? No point, we’d know who’d win that.

Martin Scorsese made the news for his controversial comments about the Marvel franchise. He said they’re not real cinema and they remind him about theme parks. I agree. Although I don’t know what he’s doing hanging around theme parks. He’s not big enough to go on the rides. He’s tiny. The Irishman was amazing. It was amazing. It was great. Long, but amazing. It wasn’t the only epic movie. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, nearly three hours long. Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere and by the end his date was too old for him. Even Prince Andrew was like, “Come on, Leo, mate.You’re nearly 50-something.”

The world got to see James Corden as a fat *****. He was also in the movie Cats. No one saw that movie. And the reviews, shocking. I saw one that said, “This is the worst thing to happen to cats since dogs.” But Dame Judi Dench defended the film saying it was the film she was born to play because she loves nothing better than plunking herself down on the carpet, lifting her leg and licking her ***. (Coughs) Hairball. She’s old-school.

It’s the last time, who cares? Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. Well, you say you’re woke but the companies you work for in China — unbelievable. Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you?

So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and **** off, OK?

GracefulCoordinatedDodo-size_restricted.gif

That was a beautiful torching of the deserving Hollywood royalty.