• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hyper-Political ESPN At it Again

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Sage Steel, removed from NBA Countdown by ESPN. Why? Because she's beautiful? Nope. Because she's black? Nope. Because she's smart? Nope. Because she's Conservative? Yep. Go the way of Curt Schilling young child...ain't got no room for Conservatives here. We speak Liberal gibberish only.

Oh, and large layoffs and cuts happening today too. Ed Werder and Dana O'Neil are among the 100 or so layoffs.

----------------------------------------------

ESPN replaces Sage Steele on 'NBA Countdown' amid network's decision to limit on-air talent's political commentary

Sage Steele has been replaced by Michelle Beadle on ESPN's "NBA Countdown."

Steele has been with ESPN for a decade, and has been at the center of several controversies in recent months regarding her conservative political views. In January, Steele came under fire when she complained about protesters of President Donald Trump's travel ban, causing her to miss her flights.

She also faced heat for abruptly ending an interview with Arcade Fire lead singer Win Butler after he voiced his left-leaning political opinions at the NBA's Celebrity All-Star Game, and for criticizing NFL players' decision to kneel for the National Anthem.

Most recently, Steele found herself in hot water after saying at a conference in February that the "worst racism that I have received ... is from black people."

"There are times that I believe that we, as African-Americans, can be hypocritical, and that is to not look ourselves in the mirror when we are saying certain things and blaming other groups for one thing when we are doing the exact same thing," she added.

sage-steele-03-600x800.jpg

----------------------------------------------

ESPN to lay off about 100 employees today, including on-air talent

It’s a dark day at ESPN.

The sports broadcasting network sent a memo to employees early Wednesday, informing them that a series of previously announced layoffs would take place today. The number of employees cut will be around 100, Fox News has learned.

The memo, from ESPN President John Skipper, noted that the network’s new talent lineup will be announced soon. The layoffs are expected to impact some of the network’s popular on-air personalities.

Fox News has learned that ESPN employees were being informed of the cuts early Wednesday. A source with knowlege of the situation told Fox News that despite buzz that the planned number of layoffs has grown in recent weeks, the gameplan was always to cut around 100 people.

ESPN also outlined the network’s new strategy in a post on its media website published Wednesday. The company is placing an increased focused on its ESPN App with a “multi-screen approach around big events.”

Sage Steele makes me tingle

So does Ark Steel, but you aint getting any of him, either.

It's too bad one can't hit LIKE 59 times, as I would for this post.

Reactions: MTC
ESPN is worthless. She's better off someplace else away from those asshats.

Reactions: MTC
I cant remember the last time I watched ESPN. Other than Steeler football. It used to be on in the Blitz household 24/7

ESPN seems to be doubling down with their layoffs. Looks like they fired mostly informational reporters and beat writers while keeping the talking heads and SJWs

The existence of ESPN has absolutely zero impact on my life.

I'm surprised at Ed Werder. I liked him.

That being said- I only watch ESPN for games. I don't tune in to the pregame or any of the shows. Just the games- football, baseball, and basketball. The commentary shows have become nothing but left-wing drivel disguising themselves as sports.