• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I dont know what people watch

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I really don't. Wilson is getting roasted. This is a running team. They got stuffed. The receivers were not open. On several.plays he hit his back foot and got tackled. All Russell Wilson's fantasy about Mike Tomlin ended tonight. They have not been able to throw a 3 second route concept all pre season. This is going to be a disaster.

Russel had no chance with the oline as it played tonight. they must get better.
I feel like if it's gonna be like this they might as well play Fields. Not cause I think he's better but he can run for his life better. And you might as well see what he is made of. Like anyone talking about Wilson really doesn't understand football. This looks really bad.

O-line was terrible but Wilson isn't going to do anything. This team is a sub .500 team....I can see this team going 5-12 or 6-11. Seeing our RB's still getting hit behind the LoS is disturbing. The excuses well it's all vanilla, no scheming, etc, etc. We have 2 terrible QB's in Wilson & Fields. Wilson is just at the end of his career. Justin Fields shouldn't even be on an NFL roster as QB. I can only hope there is a young QB in the 2025 NFL Draft that is a target for the Steelers.

I really don't. Wilson is getting roasted. This is a running team. They got stuffed. The receivers were not open. On several.plays he hit his back foot and got tackled. All Russell Wilson's fantasy about Mike Tomlin ended tonight. They have not been able to throw a 3 second route concept all pre season. This is going to be a disaster.
I'm going to give it a few games into the regular season before I go same **** new year.

Hmmm, yea, this is a running team, one of which that can't run. Now what? Do you think Smith's former team in TN had this much trouble rushing ball? Why not? His 2020 club had a 2,000+ yard rusher in Henry? Think we will be anywhere close? Of course not. Now why not? Because this team is not run organized, not run with discipline. Now who's job is that? While, it's the head coach. Oh but his players love him. And why not? Virtually anything goes, it's fun! Oh, and remember when he had to stop some of the fun and games in the locker to prove a point on how serious he was about applying more discipline? Oh, that's right, that only applied to the rookies everyone else could sill play ping pong and air hockey. I mean, he's not a monster, after all. That Tomlin, what a task master! 9-8 here we come if we're lucky. And winning in the playoffs? Don't make me laugh.

O-line was terrible but Wilson isn't going to do anything. This team is a sub .500 team....I can see this team going 5-12 or 6-11. Seeing our RB's still getting hit behind the LoS is disturbing. The excuses well it's all vanilla, no scheming, etc, etc. We have 2 terrible QB's in Wilson & Fields. Wilson is just at the end of his career. Justin Fields shouldn't even be on an NFL roster as QB. I can only hope there is a young QB in the 2025 NFL Draft that is a target for the Steelers.
Running plays are not scheme. There is no way to scheme it. It's a certain number of plays.

Jones is banged up so it looked worse than it would normally be. I am not too concerned yet. Although I think we are a playmaker short.

You guys don’t disappoint. I knew the sky would be falling. We looked great last year in preseason and we bought in. Now we are struggling and you buy in. The Browns sucked in preseason last year. I am making no judgements either way.
My estimate of preseason is that it is the time for players to work on the fundamentals in vanilla play, to show their value.
Our punter read that same memo, but not too many other players did.

This team has suffered with poor fundamentals for a while, and I saw little to make me think anything different.

Just my take.

You guys don’t disappoint. I knew the sky would be falling. We looked great last year in preseason and we bought in. Now we are struggling and you buy in. The Browns sucked in preseason last year. I am making no judgements either way.
stains always suck

I watched Wilson's performance again. Blaming him is laughable. They got owned at the LOS. He made one horrible throw I think to Quez Watkins. Skipped it to him. Other then that he handed off for nothing or threw short cause he was about to get murdered. There are things you can say oh that's pre season. These are not those things. These are panic button issues.

yes, it is just the pre-season and you're running vanilla stuff, but wouldn't you at least want to show a little ability to throw the ball down the field to give the Falcons a little to think about in week 1 so they don't just have their entire defense within 7 yards of the ball all game just like everyone played against us last year??

Maybe they just can't do it with the personnel they have, or more than likely the common denominator in terrible offense year after year, and a longstanding unwillingness to throw the ball down the field is Tomlin.

Smith has a reputation for taking vertical shots, let's see if he's muzzled by Tomlin or not

Take a deep breath, gentlemen. Yes, last night's game was difficult to watch but we must remember the circumstances the team is in and it's inevitable that they WILL struggle early in the season.

Next week's game is scrubs and then the season begins. I suggest that everyone stock up on their preferred alcoholic beverages, some Tums, and Motrin. It's gonna be a doozey.

Take a deep breath, gentlemen. Yes, last night's game was difficult to watch but we must remember the circumstances the team is in and it's inevitable that they WILL struggle early in the season.

Next week's game is scrubs and then the season begins. I suggest that everyone stock up on their preferred alcoholic beverages, some Tums, and Motrin. It's gonna be a doozey.

Jones is banged up so it looked worse than it would normally be. I am not too concerned yet. Although I think we are a playmaker short.
As long as Pat Meyer is the OL coach and Shades is the HC there is much reason for concern regarding blocking, blocking schemes and Tomlin’s offensive “schemes” (if you can count ‘between the hash marks is lava’ as a scheme)

We are a playmaker or two short but as long as the clowns are driving the car I expect similar results to what they have achieved in the past

My biggest question is why not get a GOOD OL
Coach, especially if it’s finally time to invest in the players there? This dude is hot garbage, said he scared the crap out of me when he took over and he has fulfilled my expectations

As long as Pat Meyer is the OL coach and Shades is the HC there is much reason for concern regarding blocking, blocking schemes and Tomlin’s offensive “schemes” (if you can count ‘between the hash marks is lava’ as a scheme)

We are a playmaker or two short but as long as the clowns are driving the car I expect similar results to what they have achieved in the past

My biggest question is why not get a GOOD OL
Coach, especially if it’s finally time to invest in the players there? This dude is hot garbage, said he scared the crap out of me when he took over and he has fulfilled my expectations
Yeah I am not high on the O-line coach …

The good thing is we gave up nothing to bring in Wilson on the cheap. Fields we gave up a late round pick. Next season maybe Omar can bring in another QB that is an upgrade over Pickett. Then we might be able to run an offense half decent.

Russel had no chance with the oline as it played tonight. they must get better.
Wilson is a Vet. He will figure it all out. It is why we brought him in.... his Vetness ability to make plays with a bad running game at times....and an OL that is worthless at other times. Pickett, Rudy and Tribisky all sucked with those issues. Wilson with his SB experience and being a former top 10ish QB in this league just needs to dust a little rust off and he will be ready to go. Heck. One of the biggest issue(besides our QBs last few seasons) was Canada. And he is long gone. Have a bit of faith in Tomlin and Omar bringing in the old Vet in Wilson.

Why are we surprised? Haven't we seen this for, what, four straight years and three or four different QB's?

The good thing is we gave up nothing to bring in Wilson on the cheap. Fields we gave up a late round pick. Next season maybe Omar can bring in another QB that is an upgrade over Pickett. Then we might be able to run an offense half decent.
None of this matters if they block like they have. I don't know how people aren't seeing that.

This team is a sub .500 team....I can see this team going 5-12 or 6-11.

You know damned well that even if they started 0-8, they would somehow win out, finishing 9-8.

Mediocre non-losing seasons have become as sure as the sun rising in the east.

It's Mike Tomlin's specialty.

None of this matters if they block like they have. I don't know how people aren't seeing that.
yeap, if the team doesn't win in the trenches there's no way the O can work no matter who's the QB