• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Migrant caravan heading for US clashes with police in Mexico

Spike

Reaction score
Tapachula, Mexico (CNN)Honduran migrants in a massive caravan surged across a bridge leading to Mexico on Friday before they were halted in a chaotic confrontation with a phalanx of Mexican police in riot gear.

Chanting and cheering migrants pushed through or climbed over a steel gate until police threw tear gas and smoke canisters and pushed the migrants back. Video showed coughing and weeping migrants collapsed on the bridge. Several police and an undetermined number of migrants were injured.

181019172503-16-migrant-caravan-1019-exlarge-169.jpg

181019152539-11-migrant-caravan-16x9-1019-custom-54.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/americas/caravan-mexico-border/index.html

------------------------

and Mexico won't stop them

'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people': Migrant caravan bound for US swells

The illegal migrant caravan is sweeping through Chiapas in southern Mexico on Sunday, their numbers having jumped to over 7,000 overnight from just a few thousand as it became apparent the caravan would not be stopped by Mexico.

“No one will stop us, only God,” he said. “We knocked down the door and we continue walking.”

Trump has been pressuring the three countries to halt the caravan, threatening to cut off aid in the region and deploy troops along the border if the caravan makes it that far. He has made the caravan a central theme of the midterm elections, accusing the Democrats of supporting open borders and encouraging mass migration.

"I'm willing to send the military to defend our southern border if necessary, all caused because of the illegal immigration onslaught brought by the Democrats," he said at a campaign rally last week. "They like it. They also figure everybody coming in is going to vote Democrat, you know. Hey, they're not so stupid when you think about it."

edbcc1e7-4a27-4875-836f-997debf07253-AP_Central_America_Migrant_Caravan.jpg

301b3a36-bcd7-4f21-aba3-6cfd9fbd7d78-01.JPG

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ases-despite-donald-trump-threats/1719819002/

Last edited:
When half of the country along with their complicit, corrupt media is telling these people they want them to flood the borders and get free everything in America, this is what you get. And it won't slow down any time soon.

Congress should call an emergency session and change the laws concerning refugees. Shut the border down and force them to stay in Mexico. I'd also shut off all aid to those countries and cut off all financial transactions between the U.S. and Mexico (Mexico gets billions of dollars from illegals here) until this is under control.

What works best for Democrats right now? A humanitarian crisis at the southern border. Trying to force the President’s hand and make the Republicans look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

What works best for Democrats right now? A humanitarian crisis at the southern border. Trying to force the President’s hand and make the Republicans look bad.
Like the Kavanaugh hearings, I think that will backfire on them.

What are these people going to do once they get in the country? I just don't know how people can support total abandon of the law. Does the govt pay for these people? Do they just wonder around the streets...

What are these people going to do once they get in the country? I just don't know how people can support total abandon of the law. Does the govt pay for these people? Do they just wonder around the streets...

Move to Cali

More handy work by the commie pinko lefties. Send the military. Mexico had better get off its ***. This political border exploitation is getting real old.

What are these people eating? Where are they ********?
They look pretty well dressed, most have backpacks.
This doesn't look like a migration, it looks like a demonstration/organised march.

Like the Kavanaugh hearings, I think that will backfire on them.

"JOBS NOT MOBS"

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

The Caravans are a disgrace to the Democrat Party. Change the immigration laws NOW!

If the Democrats would stop being obstructionists and come together, we could write up and agree to new immigration laws in less than one hour. Look at the needless pain and suffering that they are causing. Look at the horrors taking place on the Border. Chuck & Nancy, call me!

Full efforts are being made to stop the onslaught of illegal aliens from crossing our Souther Border. People have to apply for asylum in Mexico first, and if they fail to do that, the U.S. will turn them away. The courts are asking the U.S. to do things that are not doable!

There's no way this caravan just happened. It has obviously been organized and is being supported with money, probably from Soros.

This is clearly their plan to influence the elections. The problem is this will only drive more votes to Republicans. Hollywood and elitist types think everybody wants open borders because they only take to each other. The assume that everybody is controlled by identity politics. That's why they assume that all hispanics and all blacks are in favor of more minorities flooding into the country.

The problem is, they're not. Any honest poll shows that even the liberal base is not in support of open borders. Black people and hispanics already here trying to make a living know that a flood of even more immigrants will only make it more difficult for them to find a good paying job.

Dems should be real scared about this. If a mob of people storms and overruns the border at election time, lots of people will be voting Republican.

I don't think they are gonna make it to the border by election day. Unless they take public transit.

I don't think they are gonna make it to the border by election day. Unless they take public transit.

This....
The figure I heard ( havent verified) is roughly 2000 miles to go.
At 3.something mph for 10 hours a day = around 60some days......

But the real evidence will be in how the countryside looks, once the 'caravan' has passed by.
If these ppl act like locusts, they might get real unpopular REAL fast. ('course, that will just be with the locals, but still).
If they don't, one must wonder, where they will get provisions.
Between 5 and 10 K ppl equates to a decent sized army, and there is plenty of historical background on those size armies footing it around countrysides.
I seem to recall from history lessons many moons ago, that peasants found defending armies as much of a problem as attacking ones.

This is most definitely an invasion, not migration. The timing is suspect, that's for sure. Does the media really think that reporting on this all the time is going to help influence the election to go THEIR way??

https://patrioticexpress.com/hurric..._r363bc1kGydNtf7LliF2AGElmEi9Va2lKI4BsFDAvFyw

NEWSIntensifying Hurricane Willa Headed Directly Toward 10,000 Migrant Caravan Path

44519360_249374182594842_4979026427996274688_n.jpg

It appears that the migrant caravan, which has been reported to upward of 10,000 strong, might run into some trouble on their march to seek American asylum. A massive hurricane (named Willa) is set to cross the path that the migrants will eventually cross.

There’s also a slightly smaller disturbance named Vincente to the south of Willa that meteorologists say will be consumed by the massively growing Willa, but will still pose a threat for dangerous conditions for the caravan, which has already seen its fair share of struggles with food, sanitation and organization.

Weather.com reports:

Hurricane Willa has rapidly intensified into a dangerous Category 4 hurricane and is expected to strengthen further early this week. Damaging winds, flooding rain and a potentially destructive storm surge will threaten Mexico’s Pacific coastline by midweek.

Tropical Storm Vicente also poses a heavy rain threat to Mexico in the week ahead.

Willa is tracking north-northwestward but is expected to slowly recurve toward the north Monday and the north-northeast by Tuesday. It should approach landfall along the southwestern coast of mainland Mexico by late Tuesday, which is expected to occur anywhere from near or north of Mazatlán to near Puerto Vallarta.

Hurricane Willa’s maximum sustained winds increased by 55 mph in the 24 hours ending 5 p.m. EDT Sunday. Willa’s winds increased by an additional 25 mph during the following three hours from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT Sunday.

As the caravan heads north, there’s no doubt that they’ll eventually run into deteriorating conditions leftover from Willa — which we’ll soon see the level of damage it imposes upon populated areas of Mexico. The strain on resources in many areas is already so bad — let alone factoring in a major hurricane and an army of hungry migrants.

That was my first thought too. "Wow, that's a lot of people. Where do they all take a dump?"

Bathrooms in the air conditioned charter buses they're in when no one is taking pictures are probably filling up quickly. Life is hard.