• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

MNF

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Levis injured and Rudolph is in. I know that half the people here hate him but he was nothing but professional in his time here. My only gripe is he might have saved Tomlin’s job the end of last season.

I don’t know about hate. The Pickett homers hated Trubisky. I think most Steelers fans just saw Rudolph as nothing more than a career journeyman.

I probably missed it this offseason, but what is the point of having two games on Monday nights? I'd rather have another option watch on RedZone Sunday afternoons.

So I'm watching Seattle/Detroit. Detroit gets a too many men on defense on goal line. It should have been second down. They called it first down. The EXACT same thing happened tge other way on Seattle's goalie and it was second down. I even rolled it back to check.

I'd love an explanation for why it's legal to horsecollar if the QB is in the pocket. Does it only become unsafe outside the tackle box?

Remember folks, Mike McDaniel is a genius. He's reinvented offense in the NFL.

I'd love an explanation for why it's legal to horsecollar if the QB is in the pocket. Does it only become unsafe outside the tackle box?
That felt like a cheatriots moment. They got all the call that were invented, too.

Mason Rudolf coming in to play

Salute the nation
He is doing good. Here I thought he was just a good third stringer, he proved to be a good second stringer. Still is as TD explosive as ever.

😀

Why go for 2? I don't really get that.

I saw a headline that said Rudolph leads titans to victory then I saw he was 9/17 for 85 yrds. Barely 50% completion and less than 100yrds doesn't seem very good. I did not watch the game and have nothing against rudoplh, but that seemed like a big stretch.

I saw a headline that said Rudolph leads titans to victory then I saw he was 9/17 for 85 yrds. Barely 50% completion and less than 100yrds doesn't seem very good. I did not watch the game and have nothing against rudoplh, but that seemed like a big stretch.
No fans had anything against Rudolph. He had a nice stretch and helped the team to the playoffs. He just wasn’t what some were trying to push. A starter. He is a backup and that is ok. He will always have trouble in the red zone throwing into tight windows. He didn’t save anyone’s job, he helped a team to the playoffs. A career backup who is a good guy who had a good moment.

Anyone who paints it more than that is throwing out big stretches.

Seems to be a delusion with a few that if you paint an accurate picture it is dissing a player. It isn't, it is just telling it like it is. I am sure most would have no problem having a beer with the guy. I still have his autographs. I don’t discriminate in keeping backups compared to starters memorabilia . Plenty of backup had good moments for our team. Kudos to them.

Still they are what they are and it is ok to not sugarcoat their status. His play with them on the night? No TDs and his RB outgained him in yardage. Which yeah wasn’t over 100 yards on the night. That isn’t a starter performance. That doesn’t diminish what he did for the Steelers but it does paint a picture.

I think Mason got a raw deal in Pitt. He was the best qb on the roster the last few years
I know that raw deal thing is some fans perceptions but they didn’t see him as a starter so they were looking for one. It wasn’t any more or less than that. Whatever HC the team has they are obligated to try to find the team a franchise. If you think a player isn’t a starter you wouldn’t shove a square into a circle. Could the guy have started more games? Perhaps. But that still isn’t going to get you what you ultimately desire. To win championships. If that is giving a player a raw deal? Sobeit. I am more concerned with the team finding a long term starter. There is no guarantees in the sport. They get nice paychecks that in itself is a good deal.