• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock It!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
17- Brian Branch
Can play safety, nickel and ILB. Not a need but if a player like this falls in your lap you draft him and get him on the field. His versatility makes him a day one contributor no matter if we sign Kazee or Edmunds back.

#32- Dawand Jones
This probably means we have a $10,000,000 swing tackle backup in Chuks as I just don't see a scenario where Jones doesn't start early in his career over Chuks. 6-8 375lbs 36 5/8" arms, with 11 3/8" hands. And is nimble with all that size.

#49- Jack Campbell
I would not be mad with Bresee there at all. But I feel we have a bigger 2023 hole at ILB and the 6-5 250lb Campbell is a day one starter. Ran good with a 4.65 and has phenomenal production in the College ranks.

What the Steelers would do:
1.17 Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
-Big, athletic. Game needs refined, but huge upside..

1.32 Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson
-Again, another very athletic player.

1.49 Bryan Bresee, DL, Clemson
-High upside at a position in need of depth.

What I would do:
1.17 Jordan Addison, WR, USC
-Without an offensive lineman here, I still want to add to the offense.

1.32 Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
-His size and strength is too intriguing.

1.49 Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
-Productive player in college with an outstanding combine to back it up.

Branch is quickly becoming my favorite player in the draft. I want him on this team. Instant upgrade at SS, Slot, or ILB.
I'm a homer and would love Brian Branch but...

I have a strong feeling it'll look like this:

1/17 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC
2/32 - EDGE BJ OJULARI, LSU
2/49 - DT BRYAN BRESEE, CLEMSON

That sumbitch ain't from Bama - he's a GA player!!!

I'm calling Ark to spank you.

Wait, I looked up his stats and saw he scored a TD in the 2022 Championship game when 'Bama had the ball, so I thought ...

Ohhhh, sorry, I get it now. ;)

17. Darnell Wright OT Tennessee
32. Emmanual Forbes CB Mississippi State
49. Jack Campbell LB Iowa

If Mazi is there at 49, I take him but if wishes were horses kinda thing.

Tempting to go Van Ness at 17. He plays ROLB 15 plays per game, LOLB 15 plays per game, and Buck LB 10 plays per game. In 2024, when Highsmith becomes really expensive, Steelers can let him go and get a comp pick, replace him with a guy who is ready to start day 1.

If you don't think Kenny isn't standing on a table shouting for Jordan Addison you're crazy...

Then he watches some game tape, sees DE's blow past Moore Jr. and Okorafor and says, "Welcome to Pittsburgh, Mr. Wright!"

Different approach - going all in, BAY-BEE!!

17. Jordan Addison WR USC Univ. of Pittsburgh
32. Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin
49. Tyrique Stevenson CB Univ. of Miami

Give Kenny that weapon to team with Pickens, Freiermuth, and Austin III the next four years, a big DL who can take on a double-team and a very gifted CB who has the physical skills to battle Chase and Cooper.

Goddammit, this time I mean it:

17. Jordan Addison WR USC THE Univ. of Pittsburgh
32. Dawand Jones OT THE Ohio State
49. Bryan Bresee DT THE Clemson
80. Julius Brents CB THE Kansas State

Cheated a bit but I'm allowed since I went to a college without a definite article in front of the name.

1. Branch. if Jalen Carter slumps this low, I would hope they take a luxury S10 up to the poduim
2. Anton Harrison
3.Best DL left. If Nolan smith is still here I would take him.

Branch is quickly becoming my favorite player in the draft. I want him on this team. Instant upgrade at SS, Slot, or ILB.
One thing for sure he idolizes Fitzpatrick. Even had a dream about him. (For the sick minded it was football related only) I think Branch is no mystery to NFL teams as I expect him to be gone by 17. It would be a difficult decide if he somehow wasn't. That is the good thing is at 17 there is no reason to not come away from a very solid player if they are true to their board.

Okay, game on - going the "Full Mikey" here:

17. Jordan Addison WR USC Univ. of Pittsburgh
32. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee
49. Cedrick Tillman WR Tennessee

Cover THAT, *******!

He rarely drops to 17 in my mocks anymore…. For a long time he was a high second round option… and he does actually alleviate the need for an ilb because of his versatility and what we ask the ilbs to do here…