• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

MT Word Of The Week 1

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
My apologies as I was not expecting the first MT presser to be the day after the game. When I set the DVR it said Thursday although it did record Coach Shades presser at noon today.
In any event, this gives us early insight to MT catchwords this season, if you will, obviously.
"Weather the storm" appeared early twice and may be a word of significance this season.
Speaking of "significant", "significant" and "significance" showed strong with 7 appearances and will be an early WoW favorite.
"Obviously" had a down week with only 5 appearances, although remember that "obviously" appears less after a win than a loss and the greater the winning points differential the less we see "obviously", obviously.

That's great Ron, thanks.

There's something I noticed recently that's starting to mildy annoy me w Tomlin. It's the repetitive phrase he's been using over the years when talking about injured players, to the question if they're playing or not playing in the game that week. Obviously he doesn't want to tip his hand to the opponent, so he's set on saying nothing. But he has to say something, which goes like this. These are actual quotes from over the years.

"We’ll let his availability in terms of practice be a guide in terms of whether or not he’s available to participate."

"Ryan Shazier (knee) will practice some this week, and we’ll let his practice participation dictate his availability."

"We’ll watch those guys closely and let their participation be our guide."

"Their practice participation generally will be an indication of whether that’s heading in a positive direction or a negative one."

"We’ll monitor him throughout the week and let his availability from a practice participation standpoint be our guide."

"We’ll let his practice participation be our guide."

“I don’t know what his availability will be in terms of the game. Like we do in all instances, we will let practice participation be our guide in terms of what to expect from him."

miketomlinlaugh.gif

That's great Ron, thanks.

There's something I noticed recently that's starting to mildy annoy me w Tomlin. It's the repetitive phrase he's been using over the years when talking about injured players, to the question if they're playing or not playing in the game that week. Obviously he doesn't want to tip his hand to the opponent, so he's set on saying nothing. But he has to say something, which goes like this. These are actual quotes from over the years.

"Below-the-neck physicality."

Even just reading his quotes, in a post meant to be humorous, still annoys me.

Obviously, we weathered the significant storm. Obviously