• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike

Incredibly dumb move by Nike.

I will never buy another Nike product for me or my family. **** them. It will be interesting to see how their stock does. I think it's going to take a big hit.

Michael Jordan once said he is not politically active because "Republicans buy shoes too." Still, I think this will be a net gain for Nike.

A handful of people might care... I doubt it impacts them.... im certain before they latch onto something like that they have done extensive market research... lets face it.. the flag issue wasn’t the real reason behind the nfl dropping ratings... for every one person who cared enough to boycott 1000 didn’t... they turned the product to a watered down experience and failed to engage the younger generation...

I'm sure I will be in the minority, but the message is great. The whole National Anthem thing is another debate, but to believe in something that deep like he does has brought awareness, like it or not. It has ticked off a lot of people the way he went about it and when he did it. I understand that, but to lead the charge for change is a wonderful thing. It doesn't have to be a protest, but to look deeper behind that message. I don't know if this campaign will succeed or not, but it's a gamble. Say what you want, but it's a healthy gamble.

oops, another backfire, that didn't take long

People Are Torching Their Own Shoes To Protest Nike’s Colin Kaepernick Ads

22061021.jpg

nike.png

sei_27944253-05ac.jpg

The people who will hate this are probably not their target market. They are going after the youngsters.

Kaepernick's jersey sales have been strong so I imagine they believe this will make them money.

Guy is an idiot, burning his shoes. I won't wear Nike, but it has nothing to do with this. I just think their running shoes suck. I prefer, well just about anything else. Every time I wear Nike, I get shin splints.

In the first 10 minutes of trading today Nike stock is down 2.50%, and word of this Kraeppy ad campaign is barely even out yet.

I will never buy another Nike product for me or my family. **** them. It will be interesting to see how their stock does. I think it's going to take a big hit.

Kaepernick ... snapperdick... whatever
I don’t own their stock because of their P/E ratio and their moving averages...
not to mention their very suspect if a full blown trade war happens..

Last edited:
It will be a tax on the poor. Inner city folks will pay out the *** for Kaep gear instead of paying the rent.
The middle / upper class Libs will us this to promote their cause, but not necessarily buy product.
Thats just my prediction.

Its going to be a narrative fail on this one... athletic gear markets aren’t going to see a significant reaction to this... hardcores like Indy will push every negative but most moderates won’t care... I don’t care... in fact I think its a great message about freedom of speech in this country... its a nothingburger lol ��

kraeppernick.jpg

C'mon Tibs, dump your life's savings into Nike stock. Show support for one of your heroes.

What is the point in burning your shoes after you have already paid for them?

Seeing these people burn their shoes is the same thing as the idiots that protest and destroy their own neighborhoods. What is the point? Burn away. Nike already has your money.

Seeing these people burn their shoes is the same thing as the idiots that protest and destroy their own neighborhoods. What is the point? Burn away. Nike already has your money.

overreaction, like so many do in this country.

It's just a simple way of saying "**** You, Nike."

The reality is most boycotts don’t work at all when it comes to damaging a company economically. Thats been related by a lot of studies... boycotts that work mostly happen when a company backs away over media coverage as a pr move...
in some cases like the drop in NFL ratings, its impossible to link to any one factor... both liberals boycotting over Kap not having a job and conservatives boycotting over The anthem protests both claim responsibility, but the start of the steep drop in ratings predates any related anthem protest events... so both sides are just claiming something already there....

Nothingburger