• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OFFICIAL Prediction Thread------------------- Jets @ STEELERS, are you ready for some football....

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What ever happened to the good O'l introductory football singers ? Hank JR as an example....?

Well we have a tough match up this week. Jets D is pretty stout. Our patchwork OL is going to have to pull the rabbit out of their asZ and come up with some way to protect our older QB. One of the keys will be inward slant, screen pass, between the tackles right at them run plays. Those 5-10 yard TE pass might be the ticket as well. As for their QB (I can't stand him), if we don't disrupt him, he will pick us apart over the middle, like taking church money from a baby.

Cry-baby blame others QB, gone coach, interim HC, ------------------------------------23.5

the "Russ", the "Tomlin", the "WATT", the "CAM", Home crowd CraZies----------------28.5

Tie Breakers
1) Yes or No, does Russ Wilson start and finish the entire game ?
2) Yardage, longest FG made, by the Wizard of BOZ ?
3) I have a Cyclone Rake (it's like a big vacuum that hooks to either of my mowers and collects grass/leaves), as I type this
--- How many bushels worth of leaves have I harvested this fall (I'm only about 1/3 way in the process).?

UPDATE: Awkward Meeting: I have to give a little back story to this. I live a little out in the country. I have a trailer court about 100 yards away, but trees in between us. I "pee" outside all the time, off patio / drive way / anywhere I can and yes I look around to be safe. I have the busiest gravel road in the county. I have a garden and lawn etc. up by the road that I call the upper deck. I work up there a lot and see all kinds of people at times. This (my age) lady was driving a 4-wheeler with her granddaughter slowly down the road and I wave / they wave. Over the course of a few days I see them several times. One day i'm in my house in my underwear, hot outside and remembered I needed to get something out of the LS10. I open my front door and exit sort of sideways pulling the door shut, then turn and low and behold here is this lady just getting off her 4-wheeler. She say hi and I (in my underwear) just said hi back. I didn't panic or nothing and neither did she. She said she was visiting her son (they live just down the road about a 3/4 mile & NO she did not have granddaughter with her). There is a lot more to the story, but that is for a later time. She moved back here and lives with her son & his family. We still laugh together about our 1st encounter. I always tell her it's a good thing it was clean underwear day.........................................................

I have a lot of things happen to me, my friends say it's because I live pretty freely. I just live and be happy.!!!!!

You should know the rules by now !!!

PS 2nd UPDATE:
slash was driving, Paul G., Coolie, myself, but Lunar's MoM wouldn't let him go because of the roughie people, were driving the LS10 (all up front, even Coolie). slash was hauling asZ because we needed to get to the post office before it closed, so we could mail last weeks prize. We came across a guy walking and he looked pretty rough, like beat up. Turned out it was BLITZ, he had gotten a flat tire and had run outA gas. We offered him a ride and he took it, but had to ride in the back.
The MORAL to this story, never say never, as BLITZ rode in the 4cylinder / 2wheel drive / LS10. (little inside humor for BLITZ)

Thank You to all who participate and may the score be with you !!!!!

Salute the nation

We will need quick strike capability to win this.

Jets 23
Steelers 19
Russ starts, doesn't finish. Comes up gimpy.
Boz...48 yarder
17 bushels.

Please don't send me a winning prize. I boldly predict these games while wearing a wizards hat. I do take pride in the , oh so many winnings though.

Men of Steel 20
Yeets 16

1. Yes.
2. 45.
3. Being a city boy I have no idea what a bushel is so I'll say 10.

Is your neighbor lady at least reasonably attractive? Is the middle smaller than the top and bottom? Inquiring minds want to know.

No prediction but that’s a great story! 🤣😆

If you don’t want the prize, just put “NP or No Prize” at top your prediction

Join in on the prediction.!

Salute the nation

Men of Steel 20
Yeets 16

1. Yes.
2. 45.

Is your neighbor lady at least reasonably attractive? Is the middle smaller than the top and bottom? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, she is attractive and I’m currently in a relationship or I’d be sniffing. I talked her into letting me see her in her underwear back shortly after we first met ( i was single). I couldn’t get her to take her Bra off, even with my reasoning of I only had bottoms on and so should she……………. I’m going to be single soon and I will be a calling on her.

Does that satisfy the “Inquiring minds” part……………. HHHhhahaaahahhhahaaa

Salute the nation

Men of Steel 20
Yeets 16

1. Yes.
2. 45.

All the trailer park gals he has seen naked.

Great Story DIC. I had that Kenny Chesney song enter my head..."She thinks my tractors sexy..."

Key Factors in this game:

1. The Jets are coming off a short week after playing on Monday Night Football.
  2. There's uncertainty around the Steelers' starting quarterback - it could be either Justin Fields or Russell Wilson.
  3. The Jets have a strong defense, allowing only 280.4 yards per game (2nd in NFL).
  4. The Steelers' defense is also solid, allowing just 14.6 points per game (T-2nd in NFL).
  5. Both teams have struggled offensively, with the Jets averaging 18.6 points per game and the Steelers 18.4 points. Does Adams make this stat irrelevant?
The Jets are slight favorites at -1.5 points. This will be a defensive battle.

Jets 20
Steelers 17

1. No, Russ "The Hurt Locker" Wilson will be lucky making it to half time with this line and that defense.
2. 53
3. 12 bushels

When was the last time the Steelers had twice as many wins and half the losses as the opponent they were playing at home in primetime, and were 1.5 point underdogs?

Vegas think the Steelers are overrated and/or the Jets are underrated.

That's not how spread works. It only serves to direct the flow of money. Book doesn't care who wins the game

Exactly, book wants money, that’s why the NFL is married to the book. Obviously the Book knows a little about the teams, but mostly they know how to make the odds in their favore but still keep betting coming in thus generating Mo-Money

Salute the nation

the throw back gang.. 33

those other guys... 27

Yes

That was a really good story, don't know if I could have been that cool and collected. I might have dove under the LS10. thank you for all your great post my friend. looking forward to some more great stories...

24-20 Steelers

Tie Breakers
1)
Yes or No, does Russ Wilson start and finish the entire game ?

Yes

62? My brain fails me

I have a Cyclone Rake (it's like a big vacuum that hooks to either of my mowers and collects grass/leaves), as I type this
--- How many bushels worth of leaves have I harvested this fall (I'm only about 1/3 way in the process).?

😀

Good Guys 24 bad guys 17

1. yes and no
2. 53 yards.
3. 20 bushels

side note to the story. I recall that Blitz said no thanks, I would rather walk vs. getting in a 2 wheel LS10. the LS10 got stuck in a baby mud puddle and Blitz walked passed them with a smile on his face.

24-17 good guys
Yes
51 yards
27 bushels

Thank you for sharing a story about people seeing you in your speedos, and not bringing up any posters here. I would not want to hear those stories.

24-20 Steelers

Tie Breakers
1)
Yes or No, does Russ Wilson start and finish the entire game ?

Yes

62? My brain fails me

I have a Cyclone Rake (it's like a big vacuum that hooks to either of my mowers and collects grass/leaves), as I type this

😀

It’s longest FG made in the up coming game, by the BOZ.

Don’t fear, many brains fail on a daily basis. You are doing pretty good, just hang in there…..!!!\

Salute the nation