• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Official Prediction thread Steelers vs Raiders

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Official Prediction thread Steelers vs Raiders
Steelers 7-4-1 at the Raiders 2-10.
Time Dec 9, 4:25 PM
Odds: Steelers are 11 point favorites

With the Ravens just a half a game behind us, this is a must win game as New England is next.On paperit’s a mis-match. There is a reason the Raiders have only won two games for the year. They are a punch less team on offense averaging just 18.3 points a game, and soft on defense giving up 30.6 points per game.

The Steelers have lost two games in a row, thanks to a defense that can’t stop anyone when it matters, penalties, poor coaching, and the referees.

I checked back on how Tomlin coached teams did to the relatively poor Oakland team over the years.

2014: Steelers won 38-35. 2013: Oakland beat us 21-18. 2012: Oakland beat us 34-31. WOW.

Oakland if they don’t fall behind by lots of points can run the football and has a decent enough collection of receivers to pick their matchup vs our do nothing safeties and just okay 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] vs Sensabaugh and Burns.If Conner can’t go, our running game is a question mark, and when Ben needs to throw it 45 times, expect an interception or two. The Raiders have few injuries.

So who wins this one?

Ben and the offense should be able to put up at least 24 points, which should be enough to overcome setbacks from our defense, special teams, and coaching,and say being -1 in the turnover department.For whatever reason, Tomlin coached teams do not play well on the West coast. An upset loss here would be three losses in a row ( Two vs. teams with losing Records ) with New England up next who absolutely owns us. But maybe a loss here would be taking a step backward to take two steps forward ifTomlin is fired at the end of the season.

Call me a color blind fan and a homer, I can’t see a loss tothe worst team in the NFL, not even when we are in a tail spin. They suck so bad, they won't be able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Steelers 27, Raiders 18

History of winners:

Week three winner:
KTW. Steelers 31, Bucs 28
Week four winner: DBS1970. Ravens 28, Steelers 13
Week five winner: Aussie Steeler, who predicted a 46-37 win
Week Six winner: TDX27 Steelers 37, Bungles 31
Week Seven winners Steel Hurt , JMM and
KTW1021, each of whom calledSteelers31, Browns 17
Week eight, Aussie Steeler who predicted Steelers 24, Ravens 17. A near perfectcall.
Week Nine.Stewey who predicted Steelers 42, Panthers 17
Week ten winner
KTW1021 and Fab802, each of whom predicted Steelers 27Jaguars 24.
Week eleven winner. Ron Burgundy who predicted Denver 26, Steelers 20
Week twelve winner.XJXwho predicted Chargers 27, Steelers 24

Last edited:
Can't predict against my team never have never will. Even if I think we will go 2 and 2 to close out another disappointing season. Steelers 30 - faiders 24.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

giphy.gif
woof! Okay, then....

Gonna go with....

Steelers 37
Raiders 20

For the love of all that is Holy, boys, please do NOT lose this game

giphy.gif
woof! Okay, then....

Gonna go with....

Steelers 37
Raiders 20

For the love of all that is Holy, boys, please do NOT lose this game

You might want to put Jamison in that shot.

And keep the bottle close.

I was close for the Charger Game, just got the wrong kicker and team..

I said Steelers 32 Chargers 30 with a game winner as time expired by Boz....

Steelers 42
Raiders 21

Steelers 26
Raiders 20

No matter how bad the Raiders are, they play us tough and frequently win. We all know 1) how Shades does against bad teams on the road, 2) Road Ben at QB, and 3) as Coach mentioned, how Shades does on the west coast. My heart says Steelers but my brain says there's no f'n way they win this game for the three reasons above.

Raiduhs 32
Men of Steel 28

For whatever reason, Tomlin coached teams do not play well on the West coast. An upset loss here would be three losses in a row (Two vs. teams with losing Records ) with New England up next who absolutely owns us. But maybe a loss here would be taking a step backward to take two steps forward if Tomlin is fired at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Toothless "D" with part time LB coverage who has a HOF QB that can nearly bail them out....................38
10yr mistake coach with lesser team than when he started but plays us tough.........................................23

Salute the nation

Useless ***** whose fans hopelessly yearn for past greatness but will never receive it with the way the team is currently constructed: 31

Raiders 28

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

30 to 17 good guys

MLB on best WR scheme - 17
Black hole of garbage - 20

Last edited:
Man, I’m still so pissed about Sunday’s game I don’t know how the hell I feel about this next one.
I know this is always a nightmare out there but I can’t bring myself to go against the black n gold.
Tomlin if you ******* don’t have this team ready to go then you’re dead to me.
Steelers 28
Raiders 20

33-30 Raiders in OT

Steelers blow a 30-0 halftime lead

OakVegas 31
Longtripwest 27

Season on the brink, people catch fire!!!! Argghhhh

Steelers 23
Raiders 20

Not a lot of confidence, but even our defense should be able to handle their awful receivers.

Fire Tomlin: 35
Fire Gruden: 17

Unless Gruden commits a felony there is no way he will be fired. The Raiders own him 9 more years on that 100 million dollar contract.

Man, I’m still so pissed about Sunday’s game I don’t know how the hell I feel about this next one.
I know this is always a nightmare out there but I can’t bring myself to go against the black n gold.
Tomlin if you ******* don’t have this team ready to go then you’re dead to me.
Steelers 28
Raiders 20

I'll be surprised if we get 28 points. I'm thinking more 21 - 20 Steelers but in the end it just screws up our draft order.

The winner of this game will be the team that can play two halves of football consistently.
Judging by the effort the Steelers showed in the last two games?
It won't be them!

Unless Gruden commits a felony there is no way he will be fired. The Raiders own him 9 more years on that 100 million dollar contract.

SORRY Coach, the 10year 100million was a Vegas showboat ploy. His contract isn't GAURANTEED for 10 years. I heard it was near 40million and 10mill first then lower as the years progress to a point and then "back loaded", so realize NOT all things are what they seem, ask TOMLIN as he has "SMOKE AND MIRRORS".

Salute the nation