• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Other WR options?

Walt

Reaction score
Let's assume Aiyuk is not a realistic option. He's using the Steelers as a leverage for his negotiations with the 49ers. They aren't going to trade him.
A month or two ago I heard mention of Cortland Sutton and DJ Metcalf as guys who could be traded by their respective teams. Are either of those legitimate trade options?

I thought Robert Woods looked good last weekend against the Steelers. The Texans appear to have a lot of depth (Diggs, Dell, Collins, etc). Might they be willing to part with him?

Who else is out there? Who could be trade bait? Any veteran WRs in danger or being released?

Let's assume Aiyuk is not a realistic option. He's using the Steelers as a leverage for his negotiations with the 49ers. They aren't going to trade him.
A month or two ago I heard mention of Cortland Sutton and DJ Metcalf as guys who could be traded by their respective teams. Are either of those legitimate trade options?

I thought Robert Woods looked good last weekend against the Steelers. The Texans appear to have a lot of depth (Diggs, Dell, Collins, etc). Might they be willing to part with him?

Who else is out there? Who could be trade bait? Any veteran WRs in danger or being released?
I would rather just go into the season with who we have. Let Tomlin work his yearly regular season magic.

Either at camp cuts or by the deadline, several other wrs will be available and at the deadline, we will know where we stand a lot better than now
Yep, it feels like a "last years #2/3 from Houston" or wherever could be had for a 7th just before cut down day.

I would not make the trade for Aiyuk. Go with what you got and see how it plays out.
I don’t like giving up premium draft capital especially for an Aiyuk who’s not going to make that much of a difference anyway.
I first want to see how these QBs work out before we go off trading draft picks we may need to draft a QB next year.
We are not an Aiyuk away from being a serious contender.

I would rather just go into the season with who we have. Let Tomlin work his yearly regular season magic.
Yes, I look forward to his "Jump on and ride the train" interjections at the entrance to the locker room, like he did with that CB from the Browns, what was his name? Justin Gilbert. How did Shades coaching work out there? I remember seeing the tape of Tomlin "encouraging" Gilbert to put in an effort. Must not have taken.

Yes, I look forward to his "Jump on and ride the train" interjections at the entrance to the locker room, like he did with that CB from the Browns, what was his name? Justin Gilbert. How did Shades coaching work out there? I remember seeing the tape of Tomlin "encouraging" Gilbert to put in an effort. Must not have taken.
did Tomlin **** your mom?

I believe Claypool is available again. Bring him and JuJu in and it will all but be like old times.

Relevance, your honor???

Are there any projects from the UFL who Tomlin can coach up?

Ok, I get the whole "upgrade the website" thing last week, but my post goes up three times?

Maybe the matrix knows how profound my posts are, so posts them extra in case they were missed by the proletariat?

did Tomlin **** your mom?

Easy there Coolie, Lloyd was traumatized by coach Tomlin when he was a third grader. He has never moved on and other teachers and parents are complaining about his facial hair and Adam’s apple when participating in Kick-Ball, during recess…………

Salute the nation

Ok, I get the whole "upgrade the website" thing last week, but my post goes up three times?

Maybe the matrix knows how profound my posts are, so posts them extra in case they were missed by the proletariat?
There is a delete function that you can use as necessary to help tidy up your educational presentation for us masses.