• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Potential Offseason Trades

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Looking at this roster, it was supposed to be mostly set for a couple of seasons… but it looks like there could be a ton of guys that may be moved for various reasons

Here are some higher profile ones

*0. Mike Tomlin… yes a pipe dream, but if they decide to move on from him, he could garner anything from multiple 1sts to a couple of mid round picks… coaches traded tend to be pricey. He probably returns a first plus… Im not listing him as one of the ten because honestly I don’t think it will happen.

1. Dionte Johnson… trade simulators still value him at a low first round pick or high second… he is a known route runner and teams overvalue that.. Id target KC, who needs an experienced wr like him badly.

2. Cam Heyward… Heyward is very pricey and deserves a chance at a championship.. this would be more a pity trade.. probably for something low…

3. George Pickens. I almost assume he will demand a trade in the offseason. I would also assume that they will want no less than a second round pick for him… that may be unattainable if he continues to tank

4. Chuks okafor. Dude is almost certainly out the door… too pricey as a backup, can’t play LT… with the value of Olinemen, id expect he returns something like a fourth, even with his contract…

5. Pat Friermuth. He will be due a very pricey extension and hasn’t improved blocking at all… he would probably have a first round return and honestly I have durability concerns with him… I dont like the idea of giving him a contract extension with a double digit AAV

6. Dan Moore Jr. I would love for them to target another Tackle in the Draft. BJ needs to go to the left side. Moore apparently can’t play the Right for some reason, so dealing him for a low mid pick makes sense, probably the 4th we spent on him..

7. Najeh Harris. His Haters would love this, but if they decide they don’t want to pick up his option, shopping him to someone who may could be advantageous… you won’t get the first you put into him back, but you might get a second or third that you can draft a younger RB with

8. Mason Cole. He hasn’t been the answer at C … he was a good guard in the past… he might have conditional pick value because teams need olinemen ..

9. Trubisky, Mitch… he is done here. He probably needs cut, but of we do make a play to Bring in Fields from Chicago as a reclamation project, he could definitely be sent back the other way as part of the package . His best success was in Chicago and many think he wasn’t given a fair chance with their coach..

10. Kenny Pickett… ok I know there is about a .001% chance he is traded before year 3, there are tons of reasons why not to, but if they think they have a viable Starter lined up in the Draft and he isn’t going to be given a real shot here, you definitely should deal him… if for no other reason than if he develops elsewhere then you absolutely know what the problem is here…

Looking at this roster, it was supposed to be mostly set for a couple of seasons… but it looks like there could be a ton of guys that may be moved for various reasons

*0. Mike Tomlin… yes a pipe dream, but if they decide to move on from him, he could garner anything from multiple 1sts to a couple of mid round picks… coaches traded tend to be pricey. He probably returns a first plus… Im not listing him as one of the ten because honestly I don’t think it will happen.

1. Dionte Johnson… trade simulators still value him at a low first round pick or high second… he is a known route runner and teams overvalue that.. Id target KC, who needs an experienced wr like him badly.

2. Cam Heyward… Heyward is very pricey and deserves a chance at a championship.. this would be more a pity trade.. probably for something low…

3. George Pickens. I almost assume he will demand a trade in the offseason. I would also assume that they will want no less than a second round pick for him… that may be unattainable if he continues to tank

4. Chuks okafor. Dude is almost certainly out the door… too pricey as a backup, can’t play LT… with the value of Olinemen, id expect he returns something like a fourth, even with his contract…

5. Pat Friermuth. He will be due a very pricey extension and hasn’t improved blocking at all… he would probably have a first round return and honestly I have durability concerns with him… I dont like the idea of giving him a contract extension with a double digit AAV

6. Dan Moore Jr. I would love for them to target another Tackle in the Draft. BJ needs to go to the left side. Moore apparently can’t play the Right for some reason, so dealing him for a low mid pick makes sense, probably the 4th we spent on him..

7. Najeh Harris. His Haters would love this, but if they decide they don’t want to pick up his option, shopping him to someone who may could be advantageous… you won’t get the first you put into him back, but you might get a second or third that you can draft a younger RB with

8. Mason Cole. He hasn’t been the answer at C … he was a good guard in the past… he might have conditional pick value because teams need olinemen ..

9. Trubisky, Mitch… he is done here. He probably needs cut, but of we do make a play to Bring in Fields from Chicago as a reclamation project, he could definitely be sent back the other way as part of the package . His best success was in Chicago and many think he wasn’t given a fair chance with their coach..

10. Kenny Pickett… ok I know there is about a .001% chance he is traded before year 3, there are tons of reasons why not to, but if they think they have a viable Starter lined up in the Draft and he isn’t going to be given a real shot here, you definitely should deal him… if for no other reason than if he develops elsewhere then you absolutely know what the problem is here…
The whole thing is such a mess I think the only answer is to bring in new coaching - all of them. Other teams change coaches and do surprisingly well and we've seen several of our players go elsewhere and look much better. This team is a clusterfuck right now.

Tomlin and all his staff need to go. You do not pickup the fifth year option on Najee but keep him around for his fourth season but after that he’s gone.
Pat Fairmuth I think I extend him.
Chuks you cut. Larry O you cut. Do not resign Mason Cole.
Trade Dionte Johnson. Maybe, maybe a second round pick you could get.
Trade Pickens and make him some other team’s problem child.
Both Tee Higgins and a Tyler Boyd will be FAs. Sign one of these two players.
Sign another WR, one that has better shelf life than Allan Robinson,
Draft a RT and a Center in the first two rounds. Draft a young talented WR with the Dionte Johnson pick which I hope would be a second round pick.
Cam needs to retire. He’s 34 and it’s time to retire.
Pat Peterson stays and is moved to safety.
Sign the CB from the Bears they tried to trade for.
New HC needs to be an offensive minded HC. Let him hire his staff bringing in young innovative guys.
I would cut Mitch.
Dan Moore Jr. stays to be my backup tackle.
Might want to help him with the DC looking for talented veteran DC.

Last edited:

I agree with all but Kenny..
While I'm not sure he's our answer going forward, I'd still like to see him behind a better OL and with a better game plan.
That said, I didn't like his pick, I figured he was another Tomlin 'pet project'..
But, he's here, was a first round pick, let's see how he does without the stink of '23 on him.

Trenches, better them and the team gets better.

Drafting first round RBs and 2nd round TEs, just isn’t paying dividends.

Run towards our fear and actually piKC High ranking trench workers.

Salute the nation

The whole thing is such a mess I think the only answer is to bring in new coaching - all of them. Other teams change coaches and do surprisingly well and we've seen several of our players go elsewhere and look much better. This team is a clusterfuck right now.
Chasing after Fields is asinine at best. Why would you want ANOTHER failed Chicago QB, and try and develop them at that?
STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

Oh I totally agree, but Fields is everything Mike Tomlin wants in a QB… namely his best asset is his running ability and running qbs throw fewer interceptions when running the ball…

No turnovers = win in Tomlins mind

so we could have anywhere from 1 to 5 1st round picks

Oh I totally agree, but Fields is everything Mike Tomlin wants in a QB… namely his best asset is his running ability and running qbs throw fewer interceptions when running the ball…

No turnovers = win in Tomlins mind
I get what you're saying, but right now I don't care what Mike Tomlin wants. He's had what he wanted the last 3 years or more and his report card is not looking good. Even if they go 10-7 this year, we know the end result.

Sign another WR, one that has better shelf life than Allan Robinson,
Draft a RT and a Center in the first two rounds. Draft a young talented WR with the Dionte Johnson pick which I hope would be a second round pick.
Cam needs to retire. He’s 34 and it’s time to retire.
Pat Peterson stays and is moved to safety.
Sign the CB from the Bears they tried to trade for.
New HC needs to be an offensive minded HC. Let him hire his staff bringing in young innovative guys.
I would cut Mitch.
Dan Moore Jr. stays to be my backup tackle.
I never like the Allen Robinson signing; I stated then and now that he hadn't done anything for 2 years, what makes you think he was going to be all-of-a-sudden productive in year 3 after 2 of not? Turns out I was right; he's spent, move on please.

Definitely need to draft a C by day 2 of the draft, this years class not overly stocked with C so we're gonna have to get one by day 2.

Mitch is the highest paid backup QB? What genius on staff thought that was a wise idea? Art brags of his "winning record." Yea, OK, Art, go have another glass of scotch and leave the football decisions to football men.

Moore only stays as a backup OT, and I'm not thrilled even at that. He's garbage but for some reason the staff wants to give him endless tries.