• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

QB/WR duo's.... best all time?

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
Mods... if this has been posted, please remove.....

Dudes... great question posed this am. Who, in your years of watching FB, is the best QB/WR connection? I pose this since Ben and Brown are clearly the best right now (or are they?) but how do they rank all time?
Numbers wise, no, they don't have the longevity but it may not matter if these two have 3-4 more years like this. That **** is magic!
Manning/Harrison
Brady/Moss
Young/Rice
Montana/Rice
etc etc

I'd put them second behind Montana/Rice, right now.

They need a ring together to enter the conversation. The numbers are fantastic, record shattering. But you need a ring in this business, especially when compared to Rice

Their chemistry is par none at this point. If they keep it going, maybe add another ring (or two) they very well could be considered the best ever. But let's cross that bridge when we get there, we have a game against the Bengals to focus on. /Tomlin

Montanna / Rice is the gold standard until someone matches their superbowl success with stats that outpace everyone else in their era...

Maybe 3 but there's a lot of football left for them.

Bradshaw/Swann sticks out in my memory.

Love Ben and AB and they definitely are great. But, they need a few more years to have the numbers that some of the others have put up.

[sarcasm]******' Ben... Throws the ball to too many guys.

What's this 500 receptions to three different receivers ****. ;-) [/sarcasm]

For a single season, I hate to say it, but it's Brady Moss. Sickens me, but that was an insane year for those 2.

Perhaps AB can make us all forget about it. If he breaks 2000yds, he'll be up there for single season. The chemistry Ben and AB have is palpable. This is a real pleasure to watch as a former receiver, and my love for WRs in general.

Any QB ever
-----------------
Dwight Stone

Kelly / Reed was prolific also.
Fouts / Winslow or Aikman / Irvin maybe?

I'm thinking Bradshaw had more completed passes to Stallworth than Swann.

Wasn't moss / culpepper better than moss/Brady?

Kent Graham - Troy Edwards?

Reactions: wig
First thing to do in Foxborough is have Ben NOT wear his headset at all.

But we don't tell anyone that. Then, over the radio, the Steelers play The "Barney" theme song cranked to 11 with the gain turned up enough to cause anyone listening in's ears to bleed instantly.

Then on 1st down, the accepted play is to have Brown roll toward the P*ts sideline, then "open hand" a non catch so the ball flies directly into Hoodies face at the strongest velocity Ben can throw it.

On 2nd down, Varsity Right (or Left) depending on which side of the field the P*ts are on with the entire Steelers offense pulling. The intention is not to gain yards, but merely to plow into the P*ts sidelines as they are forced out of bounds by the defense. Bonus points if anybody can look even remotely legal in hitting hoody.

On 3rd down, depending on how many penalty yards the team has been assigned, either swift kick, or run Coates over toward Hoody again with the "open hands" play, but fake the throw and loft one deep to Antonio to try to pick up the first.

Tone = Set.

Edit, sorry - sometimes my fantasies are dirty.

Unitas-Berry is the first one that you really heard about.

[sarcasm]******' Ben... Throws the ball to too many guys.

What's this 500 receptions to three different receivers ****. ;-) [/sarcasm]

Lol. I just read from 2004 till present Larry Fitzgerald has caught 100 tds from 12 different qbs. I thought that was quite a stat as well.