• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Remember all Those Great QBs Available for Trade or FA in 2022? How did they do?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Boy there was a glut of great QBs available to make their mark on new teams last year. We talked a ton about a lot of them, so how did they do?

Russell Wilson to DEN: 4-11
DeShaun Watson to CLE: 3-3 (missed 11 games with disciplinary action)
Mitchell Trubisky to PIT: 2-3
Teddy Bridgewater to MIA 0-2
Jacoby Brissett to CLE: 4-7
Carson Wentz to WAS: 2-5
Matty Ice to IND: 4-7-1
Marcus Mariota to ATL: 5-8
Baker Mayfield to Carolina 1-5 to LAR 1-3 = 2-8

A few teams had some rumblings but kept their QBs:
Aaron Rogers Stayed in GB: 8-9 no playoffs
Kyler Murray ARI: 3-8
Derek Carr 6-9
Jimmy Garoppolo SF: 7-3 got hurt may return for playoffs. Missed 7 games.
Kirk Cousins MIN 13-4

So none of the big named QBs that were traded or moved in FA had a winning record, and the ones that stayed, only Jimmy G and Cousins had good years Cousins being exceptional.

Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:
Boy there was a glut of great QBs available to make their mark on new teams last year. We talked a ton about a lot of them, so how did they do?

Derek Carr 6-9
Kirk Cousins MIN 13-4

So none of the big named QBs that were traded or moved in FA had a winning record, and the ones that stayed, only Jimmy G and Cousins had good years Cousins being exceptional.

Am I missing anyone?
Rudolph?

So what you are saying is that they all should have drafted “Brady jr”Brock Purdy instead 🤣🤣🤣….

Derek Carr 6-9
Kirk Cousins MIN 13-4

Am I missing anyone?
You forgot Marsha...

You forgot Marsha...
Nah, he wasn't moving anywhere last year, and really I shouldn't have Cousins on this because financially, they couldn't move him. Just more fans being upset with his inability to win.

I added Mariota. Thanks guys!

Sweetest part was beating Mr. Massage in the last game straight up. All that money. Guarenteed. All those draft picks And they cannot even beat the Steelers in full on rebuild with a rookie. Another playoff miss next year and Stephanski will be gone and they will burn it to the ground for like the 25th time since they came back into the league

Sweetest part was beating Mr. Massage in the last game straight up. All that money. Guarenteed. All those draft picks And they cannot even beat the Steelers in full on rebuild with a rookie. Another playoff miss next year and Stephanski will be gone and they will burn it to the ground for like the 25th time since they came back into the league
Great point Sask!

His contract is an albatross that is going to gut that team of talent for the next 4 years! I'm glad the NFL did not allow his contract to toll this year, so his full cap hits start next year.

So for a QB that we intercepted twice, forced a fumble, and sacked 7 times (and should have been 8) is going to cost his team nearly $55M in cap room for the next 4 years!! Welcome back to the toilet Cleveland, you have a QB you can't even cut, and no one will trade for that contract!

I just remembered Baker, he's added to the list!!

I just remembered Baker, he's added to the list!!
There is a meme circulating on how Baker singlehandedly helped three teams miss the playoffs this year, Carolina, where he blew.. LA where he did too little, too late, and the lions, who, by losing in ot to Seattle, he inadvertently knocked out.. they should have added Cleveland, because he probably would’ve kept them in contention better than Jacoby Brisset… lol… everything he touches turns to crap

One thing to remember is that often QB transplants do far better in year two…
Last year I was stressing how when a team replaces an OC, that first year there are still a lot,( and in some cases a majority) of the plays from the previous offense still in the playbook … this is because they want familiarity with a portion of the plays so they aren’t trying to learn everything all at once… its a transition that happens over a couple years…

When a QB leaves for another team, they are starting from scratch and there can be an adjustment period … id expect some of these guys to rebound quickly

Great point Sask!

His contract is an albatross that is going to gut that team of talent for the next 4 years! I'm glad the NFL did not allow his contract to toll this year, so his full cap hits start next year.

So for a QB that we intercepted twice, forced a fumble, and sacked 7 times (and should have been 8) is going to cost his team nearly $55M in cap room for the next 4 years!! Welcome back to the toilet Cleveland, you have a QB you can't even cut, and no one will trade for that contract!
I am also enjoying the rock and the hard place the Ravens are making for themselves. They win and score a lot more with Action Jackson, but if you look at the 12 game comparison between him and Kenny the yards and completion percent is comparable. Kenny has to up his TD/Int no doubt. So the Ravens can let him and the wins walk or hitch their horse to the one trick pony who doesn't finish seasons healthy.

0-0, so .500. :pound:
So you are saying he is better than Mitch. FFF aside Mason gets to much grief. I hope he plays well somewhere just to piss off his haters. He got screwed in the Burgh. That said I am happy to have KP. It was the right call.

Marcus Mariota to ATL: 5-8
Baker Mayfield to Carolina 1-5 to LAR 1-3 = 2-8
I really doubt that anybody was referring to Trubisky, Bridgewater, Brissett, Wentz, an aged Ryan, Mariota, or Mayfield as a "great QB" last year.