• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The whole thing with the KC kicker being a "contraversy", the clear disregard for all the "player safety" lies, the favoratism of some players/teams, the stupid rules, etc.

Just losing the passion, beyond my deeply lost passion.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
The whole thing with the KC kicker being a "contravery", the clear disregard for all the "player safety" lies, the favoratism of some players/teams, the stupid rules, etc.

Anyone else?
What were they supposed to do regarding the Butker remarks? All they said was his views weren’t theirs and they support inclusion.

What were they supposed to do regarding the Butker remarks? All they said was his views weren’t theirs and they support inclusion.
A difference of opinion is acceptable.....or used to be..

But here we go again....There is a petition to gather 200,000 signatures (not sure why that number?), for the NFL and/or CHiefs to suspend or cancel him all together...

A difference of opinion is acceptable.....or used to be..

But here we go again....There is a petition to gather 200,000 signatures (not sure why that number?), for the NFL and/or CHiefs to suspend or cancel him all together...
You can’t blame the NFL for a petition. People are crazy. I highly doubt the NFL is going to take any disciplinary action.

It was the press who posted the KC kicker's comments because they new it would stir controversy and clicks and we know clicks = $$. The NFL had to issue a statement saying it doesn't reflect their views because inevitably someone is going to clutch their pearls. Frankly, I don't give a flying **** about the KC kickers or the NFL's views on such things. Shut up and play football.

It was the press who posted the KC kicker's comments because they new it would stir controversy and clicks and we know clicks = $$. The NFL had to issue a statement saying it doesn't reflect their views because inevitably someone is going to clutch their pearls. Frankly, I don't give a flying **** about the KC kickers or the NFL's views on such things. Shut up and play football.
Because the nfl concerns themselves with pc crap. Sorry, but if they are inclusive, they embrace his comments, too. Or, they publicly renounce gay or trans, etc., comments.

You can’t blame the NFL for a petition. People are crazy. I highly doubt the NFL is going to take any disciplinary action.
I would certainly hope not...

It wasn't like the guy was saying anything in which his words would do harm to anyone?...
He spoke of values that used to represent our society....which when they did, the society was a much better place to live, raise/educate children, pray as a family, and capture the America dream that my immigrant grandparents toiled for for us to have..

He was invited to speak at a Catholic College commencement ceremony because of his beliefs, and what he spoke reflected the cultural and religious beliefs of the college who invited him...A PRIVATE college BTW.

What's next....saying the Rosary will be considered harmful and dangerous?
Seriously...that's the rabbit hole we are heading down in the good ole U.S.of A!

God help us all...

It wasn't like the guy was saying anything in which his words would do harm to anyone?...
He spoke of values that used to represent our society....which when they did, the society was a much better place to live, raise/educate children, pray as a family, and capture the America dream that my immigrant grandparents toiled for for us to have..
all...
The woke sheep feel threatened by others disagree with them.

The fact that his jersies are flying off the shelves tells us all we need to know.

He called out the politicians that are Catholic in name only. Can't have that.
Then he dared to say these young women have a choice as to the path they take in life, with one of those choices being a mother and home maker. The horrors!
He also mentioned that men have a responsibility in raising a family. How dare he!

Those most critical, putting words into his mouth, the NFL included, likely did not hear or read the full transcript of his commencement speech, expressing his traditional Catholic views at a traditional, private Catholic university.

The screaming left would have you believe that he demanded that all the women graduates be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen makin' sammaches.

He called out the politicians that are Catholic in name only. Can't have that.
Then he dared to say these young women have a choice as to the path they take in life, with one of those choices being a mother and home maker. The horrors!
He also mentioned that men have a responsibility in raising a family. How dare he!

Those most critical, putting words into his mouth, the NFL included, likely did not hear or read the full transcript of his commencement speech, expressing his traditional Catholic views at a traditional, private Catholic university.

The screaming left would have you believe that he demanded that all the women graduates be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen makin' sammaches.
What part of the NFL’s statement put words in his mouth?

If you were tasked with issuing a statement on behalf of the NFL, which has seen its female fan base grow dramatically, what would you have said?

If you were tasked with issuing a statement on behalf of the NFL, which has seen its female fan base grow dramatically, what would you have said?
I would have said nothing. "A man has an opinion. Get over yourself" is the grown up attitude.

I would not have responded at all to those with their panties in a twist. A private Catholic university asked him, a traditional Catholic, to give the commencement address. In it, he said it's OK for young women to choose a family life, with all of it's rewards, over a professional career. No where in the speech did he say a woman should not pursue a career outside the home, if that's what they chose to do. While you personally may not agree with his thoughts, I suggest you take the time and read the entire transcript, because I would wager that those screaming the loudest about this, did not. And since when is offering a choice, not considered inclusion?

AOC speaks. Applause. Corey Booker speaks. Applause. Obama speaks. Applause.

the same people who are complaining about Butker are deafeningly silent over P Diddy.

I wont go to games anymore... I quit buying merch too... I wont watch that Christmas abomination either... its a drop in the bucket but Im just not interested enough to dedicate what I used to dedicate to this crap

What i mostly am going to advise is that every time the NFL ***** up something badly, fans start publicly boycotting anything running tv ads during the game... that irks the networks and the League only cares about the networks opinions

I'm a lifelong Steeler fan, that's it. A lot of things have destroyed the game for me, the pats****** the ridiculous rules of engagement for defense and the uneven application of fouls, which in some games is completely ignored, such as offensive holding.

The product gets lamer every year.

Butker's highly offensive remarks about the importance of family are literally violence against the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ+++ community!! He must be SILENCED!!

Take a knee during the national anthem? All good.

Talk about family being more important than your job?

tumblr_lnkuv8fey31qfv91lo1_500.gifv

The whole thing with the KC kicker being a "contraversy", the clear disregard for all the "player safety" lies, the favoratism of some players/teams, the stupid rules, etc.

Anyone else?
I wont miss Steeler games. But have not spent anything on the NFL since the who kneeling deal. No games, Merchandise, TTs, Nothing. Just not going to do so.

I'd like to say that my losing interest in the NFL is due to something...just to make a point. But at the end of the day it is just the fact that I'm getting older, and with that you start to realize you are on the back 9 of life and here I am on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the fall getting frustrated over a football game. So I've started to do a lot more fishing or hunting when it's open on Sundays. I became a grandfather as well, and when I look at that little girl, well shiit, the angst over football seems stupid.

Another thing, I remember pretty well the 70s...at least from '76 on. I always said I wanted them to win one in my adulthood. Well, they won 2. That took some of the fire away.