• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russell or Justin?

johnsteeler

Reaction score
So Russell is 100% ready to go. If Tomlin doesn’t start him, his credibility plummets to a new all-time low. This is unquestionably the right time to start him and If Tomlin honors his own word, he will. Fields has proven nothing more than he did in Chicago which is he can potentially win a game where the defense outplays the opposing defense.

Who do you think will start Sunday?

So Russell is 100% ready to go. If Tomlin doesn’t start him, his credibility plummets to a new all-time low. This is unquestionably the right time to start him and If Tomlin honors his own word, he will. Fields has proven nothing more than he did in Chicago which is he can potentially win a game where the defense outplays the opposing defense.

What credibility?

I think Fields will start, but I’m not sure he’ll finish. He’s gonna have to play lights out I think.
This is where I am...

Justin has not had one awful game yet, but...

The questions I'm pondering are: "who plays best behind this OL?" "Can Russell manage the snaps better, meaning no weird snap exchanges?"

Whatever the outcome is - we have a good problem because the schedule gets very hard in the coming weeks.

Some will balk at the idea but perhaps you dress both and have a wider birth of the offensive playbook every game moving forward???

This is where I am...

Justin has not had one awful game yet, but...

The questions I'm pondering are: "who plays best behind this OL?" "Can Russell manage the snaps better, meaning no weird snap exchanges?"

Whatever the outcome is - we have a good problem because the schedule gets very hard in the coming weeks.

Some will balk at the idea but perhaps you dress both and have a wider birth of the offensive playbook every game moving forward???
Wilson is a better pure passer. Sees the field better.

Coming off two losses I think they will go what they perceive as the safest route and start Fields.

I wouldn’t but I think that will be their approach.

Said this somewhere else ultimately I would start the QB with the best week of practice.

Two losses they need to get it right regardless.

I bet many would argue that despite the losses Fields is doing better here than in Chicago.
If Tomlin honors his word? Wasn’t aware that Tomlin made a promise to start Russell.
That would be a stupid thing to do.

The only reason Russell. Maybe tgey play the whole field. If not Fields. But eventually they have to let him play.

The part of what makes this whole situation so odd is there seems to be training wheels holding this offense back. Even Ben's last year here, they held back until BEN implemented beyond the coaches.

Wilson will fall near in that same category as well. Handcuffed, no over the middle, not much middle down field, TE usage, it's like the scheme of not to lose is actually a handicap to not win.

Salute the nation

The part of what makes this whole situation so odd is there seems to be training wheels holding this offense back. Even Ben's last year here, they held back until BEN implemented beyond the coaches.

Wilson will fall near in that same category as well. Handcuffed, no over the middle, not much middle down field, TE usage, it's like the scheme of not to lose is actually a handicap to not win.

Salute the nation
When you throw over tge middle there will be turnovers. But you cannot win anything real using less then the whole field. It's simply ridiculous.

I bet many would argue that despite the losses Fields is doing better here than in Chicago.
If Tomlin honors his word? Wasn’t aware that Tomlin made a promise to start Russell.
That would be a stupid thing to do.

I know this didn't come from you, but to hold Coach Tomlin to pre-training camp words is absolutely ridiculous. Wilson got hurt, game speed / hits / timing /are all a part of the game and what was said months ago, doesn't apply currently.

So many times, someone wants to hold a Person for their words of the past, that are now out of context for the present because of situational change.

Tomlin owes Russ Wilson nothing, but he does owe the team the best opportunity to win.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation
IMHO…
They open up the entire passing game playbook with Wilson in there.

The one play I can’t through my head is when Allen came in cold as hell and threw a beautiful on time skinny post to 88..
It was a freakin revelation !

I truly believe there are many missed opportunities downfield with Justin.

Time to start our future HOF quarterback.

This is where I am at with it, too. A couple of weeks back, someone posted a video of the times he ran or was sacked, and showed that there were guys very, very open during those plays. Not sure why this is, and I only hope it is fixable.

Wilson is a better pure passer. Sees the field better.

Coming off two losses I think they will go what they perceive as the safest route and start Fields.

I wouldn’t but I think that will be their approach.

Said this somewhere else ultimately I would start the QB with the best week of practice.

Two losses they need to get it right regardless.
Very true IF Russell was practicing w/ the ones all week - I haven't seen or read that anywhere...

The bigger problem is "who's playing OLB in Vegas this week opposite of TJ"???

IMHO…
They open up the entire passing game playbook with Wilson in there.

The one play I can’t through my head is when Allen came in cold as hell and threw a beautiful on time skinny post to 88..
It was a freakin revelation !

Time to start our future HOF quarterback.
Justin missed (high) on a seam pass in the first quarter. I do not think he's being restricted on 'where' to make his passes; but, I do think that he's getting better at seeing more reads each week. This all hinges on the play of the OL...

Whether he starts or not, I want to see what Russell has. This is a must win game in my mind. Losing 3 straight, against another weaker team would be very bad.

Very true IF Russell was practicing w/ the ones all week - I haven't seen or read that anywhere...

The bigger problem is "who's playing OLB in Vegas this week opposite of TJ"???
I think that is Moon.

Whether he starts or not, I want to see what Russell has. This is a must win game in my mind. Losing 3 straight, against another weaker team would be very bad.
Perhaps the Steelers are the weaker team. You are what your record says you are. They are a good team…for now.