• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sessions resigned!!

He wants to spend more time with his family.

I've always likes Sessions. He's a good guy just got in over his head and didn't want to look overly partisan. I wish he would have stayed in the Senate. Jones (The dem that took his spot) is just a place holder until a Rep. wins again in 2020.

I'd love to see Gowdy.

I think the president is going head hunting and Sessions just wasn’t up to it or willing. I think Gowdy is familiar and concerned enough to take it on.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I pick Joe Digenova as his replacement.
Sessions was a disgraceful AG. This didn't come too soon.

I said these next two months were going to be interesting. Heads assploding over at CNN and msLSD.

That was quick

Sessions’ chief of staff Matthew Whitaker will become acting attorney general

whitaker.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...7ded04d8fac_story.html?utm_term=.e606cf4be698

in college

DmmWTIyVAAArQhd.jpg:large

I think the president is going head hunting and Sessions just wasn’t up to it or willing. I think Gowdy is familiar and concerned enough to take it on.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yes but does he know or is friends with any of the folks he would be investigating/prosecuting? I think we need an outsider to come in and clean house. That goes for Republicans and Democrats because most of them are all corrupt as hell. Shine a big *** spotlight on what happens in DC and many will go scurrying away, the ones that remain will be visible for all to see.

Here we go

Rod Rosenstein has just been called to the White House

Fox is reportin' that Rod Rosenstein is on the way to the White House. Buckle up.

******* brilliant move!

If Dems thought they were going to get time to enjoy their House win, they were wrong!

Trump just upstaged them again and now totally bombshells the news cycle for HIS agenda!

BWAhahahahahaha

KERPOW!

Rosenstein no longer in charge of Mueller investigation

Whittaker is in charge of Mueller now, per NBC's Williams.

KERPOW!

Rosenstein no longer in charge of Mueller investigation

Whittaker is in charge of Mueller now, per NBC's Williams.

How does Pete Williams know?

President Trump's new Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, who has criticized the Mueller probe, will now oversee it

President Donald Trump's new acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, will oversee special counsel Robert Mueller's probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," a spokesperson for the department says when asked if Whitaker would oversee Mueller's investigation."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/tru...ke-over-mueller-probe-oversight-nbc-news.html

Finally!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/trump-says-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-resigns.html

Rush put it well: Trump asked him to resign because he needs a wartime consigliere as Attorney General. Whoever the new guy is, their first job should be to fire Mueller.

Giuliani?

If it was me and I knew I was totally innocent, I would want the investigation to continue so that I could be vindicated when it finally concludes. Shutting it down makes him look guilty as hell.

If it was me and I knew I was totally innocent, I would want the investigation to continue so that I could be vindicated when it finally concludes. Shutting it down makes him look guilty as hell.

Maybe 6 or 8 months ago, I would agree with you. I didn't want it shut down.....and I'm not completely sure I do now, but I don't think it would make him look guilty at this late date. I think at this point the "investigation" has jumped the shark for the vast majority of Americans. It's become the punchline of jokes, which is the only useful thing that has come from it after 2 years. It think it's viewed as a desperate ploy at this point, which many of us figured it was a long time ago.

Last edited: