• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SO, did Kaepernick have a legit point?

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
I was saying in an earlier post that fortunately or unfortunately, however you want to frame it, I have a pretty good memory. Like I said, I remember for years comments made by black comedians, comments made in movies and TV shows, comments made by commentators on TV that when a crime happens in a black neighborhood, nobody cares. If it happens in a white neighborhood, cops are all over it. This has to change, dammit! Or so was the thinking. So guys like Rudy Giuliani and others up the policing in those neighborhoods and now that isn't right, either. The left banks on people forgetting what was said previously.

So which one is it? Should police be in those neighborhoods? Should they aggressively confront crime in those neighborhoods or because of a few bad apples, just go back to the way it was previously?

Talk about moving the goal posts.

Straw man argument. And the two points are not mutually exclusive. You mean our only two options are no cops in bad neighborhoods, or cops in bad neighborhoods acting tyrannically? I say there is a 3rd option: cops in bad neighborhoods but not acting like the SS Nazis and booted thugs. One problem is who is being hired as cops; in some places they refuse your allowance to join the force if your IQ is too high. Imagine an agenda of purposely wanting only dumb guys as your cops. They are purposely creating a police force of thugs to be the elites' armed thugs.

Liar. Here is the discussion:

You are the assclown who cannot keep track of your conspiracy theories. I pointed out that your allegation, "******* murderers. Another unarmed black man, shot and killed," was a bald-faced lie.

You then go on a rant about how the small guy grabbing a baton and waving it at police is irrelevant, thereby underscoring your clear inability to think logically and critically.

Try your bullshit somewhere else.

You're just another dimwit who can't see past the lies of the govt. and controlled media. Sad. The fact that some tiny person half waved a baton - without any force at all, and just kind of waved it like a candy cane - is some major big deal to you. He might as well had a feather in his hand for all the force he was going to use with that. But you think that was a super dangerous threat. What a ******* joke. Keep your blinders on, because the real truth scares the **** out of your lame ***.

And if your black son get unjustly targeted by the cops, and they shoot him dead because he was wearing headphones and didn't hear their request to stop, how would you feel then? Would you still say it's not a "meaningful" amount of blacks being killed by cops?

If your mom had her life saved by a cop, but the cop then shot a black guy, but it turns out the black guy was a known thug, but the guy might be on the way to turning his life around, but the life-turning was dubious since the guy had a gun in his possession that was proved to be the one that killed an innocent girl 6 months earlier, but the life-turning was after that, and the cop was married to an Hispanic woman, and the cop's best friend was black, and the guy who was shot was an ******* on Facebook, but the guy who was shot liked to help his elderly neighbor bring in groceries, but potentially only to scope out her apartment for possible robbery, and the cop worked as Santa at Christmas parties, but was not a very good Santa since he did not give out expensive gifts, and the guy who was shot had 3 kids with 3 different mothers and supported none of his kids, and the cop was divorced but paid child support, but did not spend as much time with his kid as he should have ...

What then? Huh, what then?

You're just another dimwit who can't see past the lies of the govt. and controlled media.

I have a theory that you are part of a conspiracy to make this board unreadable.

Kudos, genius. You are doing good work.

I have a theory that you are part of a conspiracy to make this board unreadable.

Kudos, genius. You are doing good work.

My theory is you're a plant to prove at least half of Americans are imbecilic and have no ability to apply critical thinking. The Founders would be ashamed to know how many Americans no longer use their brains and form logical conclusions, but instead, just buy what the corporate-serving media tells them to think. Tell me how these cops were reasonable to pepper spray a black guy having a stroke.I bet you think it was 100% reasonable. Oh wait, he was black, so spray or shoot first, ask questions later. I wonder how you would feel if this was your dad. I am sure you would be just fine with it.

Nothing to see. More endless clips of police abuse. But it's not significant.....until it happens to a family member of yours.

My theory is you're a plant to prove at least half of Americans are imbecilic and have no ability to apply critical thinking. The Founders would be ashamed to know how many Americans no longer use their brains and form logical conclusions, but instead, just buy what the corporate-serving media tells them to think. Tell me how these cops were reasonable to pepper spray a black guy having a stroke.I bet you think it was 100% reasonable. Oh wait, he was black, so spray or shoot first, ask questions later. I wonder how you would feel if this was your dad. I am sure you would be just fine with it.

Well, dad can be a handful at times.

And yes, of course, I have repeatedly approved of excessive force. Why don't you find one ******* example in my posts, dickweed?

Straw man argument. And the two points are not mutually exclusive. You mean our only two options are no cops in bad neighborhoods, or cops in bad neighborhoods acting tyrannically? I say there is a 3rd option: cops in bad neighborhoods but not acting like the SS Nazis and booted thugs. One problem is who is being hired as cops; in some places they refuse your allowance to join the force if your IQ is too high. Imagine an agenda of purposely wanting only dumb guys as your cops. They are purposely creating a police force of thugs to be the elites' armed thugs.

I framed the argument that way on purpose, hoping you would go there. In a perfect world that would not be your only two options. However, we live in a far from perfect world. We have to deal with what is, before we deal with what should be.

So what you have going on right now the police are not policing as aggressively because of fears that every little thing they do could potentially be construed as abusive or Nazi as you have stated. And crime in cities like Baltimore is increasing markedly. Outright lies are being told concerning police situations and people in the highest positions in government do nothing to refute them.

Somewhere a balance is going to have to be struck. It isn't going to happen right now the way it seems. You are a shining example of that. Everyone on here you have argued with has acknowledged there are bad police officers and they should be purged from police forces all over the country. But you seem unwilling to acknowledge that there are police officers all over doing the right things, trying to do their best to keep people safe. You are unwilling, even when people with first hand knowledge of a particular situation tell you otherwise, to see anything other than your view. So there is no middle ground here it appears. You are the one making everything mutually exclusive.

But when the cops kill unarmed black men, they cannot claim they were fearing for their lives.

Again, you are simply ill informed.

The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. At least five black victims had reportedly tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment. Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. And two individuals included in the Post’s “unarmed black victims” category were struck by stray bullets aimed at someone else in justified cop shootings. If the victims were not the intended targets, then racism could have played no role in their deaths.

In one of those unintended cases, an undercover cop from the New York Police Department was conducting a gun sting in Mount Vernon, just north of New York City. One of the gun traffickers jumped into the cop’s car, stuck a pistol to his head, grabbed $2,400 and fled. The officer gave chase and opened fire after the thief again pointed his gun at him. Two of the officer’s bullets accidentally hit a 61-year-old bystander, killing him. That older man happened to be black, but his race had nothing to do with his tragic death. In the other collateral damage case, Virginia Beach, Virginia, officers approached a car parked at a convenience store that had a homicide suspect in the passenger seat. The suspect opened fire, sending a bullet through an officer’s shirt. The cops returned fire, killing their assailant as well as a woman in the driver’s seat. That woman entered the Post’s database without qualification as an “unarmed black victim” of police fire.

Mac Donald examines a number of other instances, including unarmed black men in San Diego, CA and Prince George's County, MD attempting to reach for a gun in a police officer's holster. In the San Diego case, the unarmed black man actually "jumped the officer" and assaulted him, and the cop shot the man since he was "fearing for his life." MacDonald also notes that there was an instance in 2015 where "three officers were killed with their own guns, which the suspects had wrestled from them."

Weird, those facts. Every time you read about an "unarmed" black man being shot by the police, dig a bit deeper.

And I still await your answers to these questions you are now intentionally dodging.

- Where is your outrage at the violence exacted by these black men towards white cops?
- Where are your endless videos of the same?
- Why is the media not crying about this violence towards cops and concerned about fixing it?
- Why are these athletes kneeling during the anthem over the smaller problem, and not the problem that takes more life?
- Why, if loss of life is so damned important to your side, are you and Crappershit and these athletes talking about Chicago? I mean, if it's about saving lives, let's go where we REALLY can save some lives right? Conveniently, you ignore it. It doesn't....fit...the...agenda.

Why are cops the biggest wussies of all? How can't 6 burly cops not be able to control one guy already on the ground? How can they not control him with any option other to just pump him full of lead? Does that sound reasonable or plausible to you?

Not only does it sound plausible, but it is reality.

MacDonald also notes that there was an instance in 2015 where "three officers were killed with their own guns, which the suspects had wrestled from them."

Damn those facts.

Remember, as I've told you, annually more cops are killed by black men than officers kill black people. So you're little diatribe above is nonsense.

No, you just move goalposts around. You won't face the FACT that cops kill unarmed people, and do so to black people on a disproportionate rate.

No they don't. Once again, FACTS be damned man and you are speaking conjecture that is blatantly wrong.

Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to Mac Donald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as Mac Donald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

"Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force," writes MacDonald.

MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population.

"The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black,"
MacDonald said. "Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods."

14183877_1447628538581453_3945557900172954657_n.png

He should have his jersey taken from him, and given his walking papers. It shouldn't even be a question.

And if your black son get unjustly targeted by the cops, and they shoot him dead because he was wearing headphones and didn't hear their request to stop, how would you feel then? Would you still say it's not a "meaningful" amount of blacks being killed by cops?

I would be devastated it would be a tragedy. Now show me how many of those type of deaths occurred. Show one statistic that makes this a significant issue versus the millions of interactions between police and suspects. While any specific incident is tragic is does not make it statistically significant. I know that sounds sounds heartless but it is the truth. This is purely a problem of hyperbole used to distract from the real problems which are cultural and much harder to face let alone change. It is not a policing issue.

It's an obeying the law issue. Plain and simple. People who don't break the law don't get shot.

But they have to break the law because of White Privilege, or Global Warming, I forget which.

sigh. There are 800% more whites than blacks. Math.

Thanks for showing you also CANNOT read. This is explained by Macdonald in the article I quoted. Try again, as again, you are wrong.

Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black...whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But...blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults...despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

"Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force," writes MacDonald. MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population.

"The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black," MacDonald said. "Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods."

Does this make any ******* sense to you? If you look at the math, WAY MORE blacks could have been shot. What these numbers show, is that compared to whites and hispanics, officers have actually shown restraint towards people of color. The police interact with violent, criminal blacks far, far, far more than they do whites or hispanics. Yet they shoot more whites and hispanics annually than they do blacks.

Is this sinking in?

Let me dumb it down for you. Let's say these numbers above literally translate into officers having to deal with 7 violent black criminals per week, 2 violent whites, and 1 violent hispanic (see above, 75% of all shootings are committed by blacks). So there are 10 shootings in a week, 7 will be committed by blacks. YET officers kill more white people and hispanics annually.

THINK about that POPtard. The police encounter violent blacks 70% of the time in these types of encounters YET they kill the people they see the least. That means the officers show LESS restraint with violent white/hispanic criminals than they do black criminals.

Good

Lord

Man.

Last edited:
pretty sure i got more or less racist or not positively negative about racism after reading this thread.