• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SO, did Kaepernick have a legit point?

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
Your ignorance does not constitute a basis for bloviating to all concerned that "x" is murder. How would you know - you have no training, background, experience, knowledge or education on any relevant field? Seriously, you are a 5-year old wandering into a college physics class and arguing with the teacher.

I know, right? What a waste of time and money - just have POOP look at a video and render his decision.

Based on his considerable knowledge, training, experience, education, background and training.

Or not.

Idiot, the case went to trial AND THE OFFICERS WERE FOUND NOT GUILTY.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Fuckknob.

Watch this, you little puke.

No "training" needed to realize what the **** is going on, you ******* moron.

So the magic POOP determines guilt or innocence.

Got it.

Or **** you, a jury decides the case, not some know-nothing, blowhard, asswipe, douchenozzle, dickweed.

(Meaning you, fuckwipe.)

Except for the very beginning all I saw was a bunch of cops trying to subdue a kicking, flailing suspect who was clearly resisting arrest. Don't know what happened behind those bushes.

I would be devastated it would be a tragedy. Now show me how many of those type of deaths occurred. Show one statistic that makes this a significant issue versus the millions of interactions between police and suspects. While any specific incident is tragic is does not make it statistically significant. I know that sounds sounds heartless but it is the truth. This is purely a problem of hyperbole used to distract from the real problems which are cultural and much harder to face let alone change. It is not a policing issue.

POP didn't answer this. Must have missed it.

POP?

The simple fact that you're against it tells me I'm on the right side of the issue and on the right side of history.

No, you are on the left side of the issue.

14183877_1447628538581453_3945557900172954657_n.png

This is the kind of simpleton mentality we have to deal with. Leftist morons and their well thought out memes...totally irrelevant and stupid.

But we'll go ahead and patronize you.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/07...d-burn-ray-rice-jerseys-not-just-kaepernicks/

This thread was about Kapernicks protest over the "mistreatment" of blacks, which we all know is misinformation and lies spread by leftists, BLM. and the media.

Pop, you've changed course a little posted a video of cops brutalizing a white guy.
Does this mean you have been enlightened and are acknowledging that this "cop war on black people" is a indeed lie...therefore you're now just gonna go with the "cops are bad period " narrative?

I can't entirely disagree with you. I'm not gonna deny that some cops are bad. No one should. That's stupid.
Do you feel better now?

Last edited:
I wonder how many NFL players will do the same Sunday and Monday and if any Steelers will?

I wonder how many NFL players will do the same Sunday and Monday and if any Steelers will?

One Broncos player kneeled, which to me is showing respect. If he was sitting, that to me would indicate something different.

I heard a rumor that the entire Seattle team will be sitting.

Some people are ticked, and don't want to see protests at or watching a game.

If it becomes a major issue, the NFL can always point the camera to the stands and the person performing the national anthem. Problem solved

Another way to solve the problem is to pull sponsorships

And of course Roger can fine players saying its conduct detrimental to the game, but I think that would be unwise.

There is more news on Kaepernick. The giant afro is supposed to be part of the black power movement ( 1960's ) and Kaepernick admitted his girlfriend is Muslim, but denied he's going to convert.

Not since Osama Bin Mendenhall is gone.

Oh, it's a bit of an epidemic right now. It will happen. The spread of misinformation about police brutality now has athletes spun up, misinformed and enraged over a problem that really isn't a problem. But, I'll take this over that same propaganda and misinformation being devoured by terrorist organizations like BLM and them assassinating police officers.

In other news, I loved this piece. I live in Liberal Maryland. The Maryland Soccerplex is 5 miles from my home. We are there frequently for basketball camps, basketball tournaments and the like. My son actually once beat Steve Blake of the NBA in a little "first man to 3 points wins" game at the Plex. I have sat, exactly where she is sitting, many times watching my sons play. Anyway, Megan Rapinoe got stumped and pissed off. I couldn't believe the Washington Spirit did this. OUTSTANDING.

http://www.allenbwest.com/michaelca...layer-tries-snub-national-anthem-shes-stunned

Team FIGHTS BACK after soccer player tries to snub National Anthem; she’s STUNNED

Megan-1000x640.jpg

If you’ve been keeping up with the whole Colin Kaepernick debacle, then you know the new “hip” way professional athletes are pretending to be social justice warriors is by sitting down during our National Anthem.

While many folks across the wide world of sports have been joining Kaepernick in his “crusade” for equality, there are a few athletic organizations that simply aren’t having it.

A Washington area soccer team recently intervened to prevent a player from being able to kneel during the National Anthem by changing the pre-game ceremony so the song was played before teams took the field.

According to The Hill, Seattle Reign midfielder Megan Rapinoe knelt during the national anthem in a game last week in a nod to San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who has been sitting out the song to protest police brutality.

But Rapinoe was prevented from repeating the gesture Wednesday when the home team Washington Spirit played the anthem while the teams were off the field at the Maryland SoccerPlex.

“We decided to play the anthem in our stadium ahead of schedule rather than subject our fans and friends to the disrespect we feel such an act would represent,” the Spirit said in a statement, according to the AP.

“We understand this may be seen as an extraordinary step, but believe it was the best option to avoid taking focus away from the game on such an important night for our franchise.”
Rapinoe was downright stunned by the team’s actions. Watch her response:

One Broncos player kneeled, which to me is showing respect. If he was sitting, that to me would indicate something different.

I heard a rumor that the entire Seattle team will be sitting.

Some people are ticked, and don't want to see protests at or watching a game.

If it becomes a major issue, the NFL can always point the camera to the stands and the person performing the national anthem. Problem solved

And of course Roger can fine players saying its conduct detrimental to the game, but I think that would be unwise.

There is more news on Kaepernick. The giant afro is supposed to be part of the black power movement ( 1960's ) and Kaepernick admitted his girlfriend is Muslim, but denied he's going to convert.

This is the same hypocritical NFL that REFUSES to allow the Cowboys to wear emblems in support of the slain police officers. DENIED THEM. But will allow these demonstrations. Roger can...but Roger won't.

It's still a problem for the people attending the game as well as players, coaches and workers who will stand.

At the very least, If I were the NFL, I would tell players if they don't intend to stand for the anthem, then they must return to the locker room or tunnel for it's playing. We own and control this venue, you cannot use it to stage your personal protest, that is not why we are paying you.

Kelly Thomas' dad needs to explain why his son was living on the street if he cared about him so much.

He suffered from mental illness. Sometimes you just can't help people if they won't let you. Do you remember the Mike Webster scenario? Rooneys wanted to help, but he wouldn't let them. Same deal here.

This thread was about Kapernicks protest over the "mistreatment" of blacks, which we all know is misinformation and lies spread by leftists, BLM. and the media.

Pop, you've changed course a little posted a video of cops brutalizing a white guy.
Does this mean you have been enlightened and are acknowledging that this "cop war on black people" is a indeed lie...therefore you're now just gonna go with the "cops are bad period " narrative?

I can't entirely disagree with you. I'm not gonna deny that some cops are bad. No one should. That's stupid.
Do you feel better now?

Actually, I did change course some, because I figured, all cop abuse is bad, regardless who is being beaten and killed. It does go beyond just black people, HOWEVER, I maintain that Kap is right - that blacks are often targeted much more often and are generally beat up or shot far quicker than white people. I don't know anyone can try to deny that. Blacks often get pulled over for one thing: because they are black. That is wrong.

Not only does it sound plausible, but it is reality.

Damn those facts.

Remember, as I've told you, annually more cops are killed by black men than officers kill black people. So you're little diatribe above is nonsense.

You are an embarrassment to humanity.

It's an obeying the law issue. Plain and simple. People who don't break the law don't get shot.

So next time you are speeding it should be OK for them to shoot you? After all, you would be breaking the law.

So next time you are speeding it should be OK for them to shoot you? After all, you would be breaking the law.

There's a difference between 'speeding' and 'evading the police'.

Suppose a speeding, wreckless driver is barreling down the highway, and the only way to stop him is to run him off the road. In the impact, the driver is thrown from his car and killed, and he wasn't armed.

Does the Police officer get charged with murder in that driver's death?

That's the problem I have with your whole argument. Each incident needs to be judged on it's circumstances. If a Police officer is found not liable, should he lose his job, maybe even get jail time since the driver died?

I do think that if a police officer is found guilty of criminal behavior or negligent in their duties, they should pay the price. Those officers give a bad name to all police. But at the same time... a good cop should not be demonized for the actions of his peers behaving badly.

There's a difference between 'speeding' and 'evading the police'.

Suppose a speeding, wreckless driver is barreling down the highway, and the only way to stop him is to run him off the road. In the impact, the driver is thrown from his car and killed, and he wasn't armed.

Does the Police officer get charged with murder in that driver's death?

That's the problem I have with your whole argument. Each incident needs to be judged on it's circumstances. If a Police officer is found not liable, should he lose his job, maybe even get jail time since the driver died?

I do think that if a police officer is found guilty of criminal behavior or negligent in their duties, they should pay the price. Those officers give a bad name to all police. But at the same time... a good cop should not be demonized for the actions of his peers behaving badly.

You probably well know I am not talking about borderline cases here, such as a driver dying because they cops knock them off the road at excessive speeds.

I am only referring to cases where cops used excessive force or killed when not necessary. Let's not make it murky purposefully.

You probably well know I am not talking about borderline cases here, such as a driver dying because they cops knock them off the road at excessive speeds.

I am only referring to cases where cops used excessive force or killed when not necessary. Let's not make it murky purposefully.

didn't YOU state this, though?

why, yes, you did.
stop trying to make it purposefully murky.