• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry but this is completely disrespectful and disgusting to me. I have lost major respect for Tomlin, the Rooneys and my Steelers. Trump stood up for America. The players are making this about race and total disrespect for our flag, our great country and those that fought for our freedom. I cannot support this action by my Steelers. I just cannot!

Sorry but this is completely disrespectful and disgusting to me. I have lost major respect for Tomlin, the Rooneys and my Steelers. Trump stood up for America. The players are making this about race and total disrespect for our flag, our great country and those that fought for our freedom. I cannot support this action by my Steelers. I just cannot!

how do you know that they're not doing this as a show of "we're not getting involved with this bullshit and giving you, the media, any fodder to play with, nor the satisfaction of holding that fodder over our heads, so we'll attend to ourselves and come out after the anthem, and its none of your business who's doing what in our locker room"?

Or the team is making a statement about an issue they perceive as needing more awareness. You are bringing race and the whole disrespect for the flag into it. I personally think awareness on the issue can be done a different way but when I talk with my brother and others who are serving or served and they see zero issue. I find it hard for myself to have issue with it. In the end the issue is getting more attention than it was before this all started. The President see it one way ...others see it another. It is great to live in a country that affords you the right to feel and think differently on matters than others.

Teams never used to come out for the Anthem. I don't mind this and would rather see this than players sitting, kneeling, or whatever. Let the players share their statements or protest, but on gameday, the team should be focused on the task at hand and that is winning football games.

No dickface Potus made that happen. Pandering to the worst in people. Steelers or Trump. Take your pick people.

I will wait and find out the details. And this stupid **** started with Obama as the POTUS. This has nothing to do with Trump. This nothing but a show of disrepect to the flag.

Calling OUR president a name and fomenting disrespect for OUR flag when living in another Country is evidently all the rage nowadays.

The Steelers are Obama's team - doesn't surprise me

the only thing I will say is if the Steelers don't want any part of this NA hoopla, they why wouldn't they be out there like they have done and said they would, stand for the anthem? I like most of CMT comment, but he contradicts his previous statements about standing as a team. I think this creates a whole bunch of controversy that they are trying not to create.

I will wait and find out the details. And this stupid **** started with Obama as the POTUS. This has nothing to do with Trump. This is nothing but a show of disrespect to the flag.

Nothing to do with Trump. He called them son of a ******* who should be fired for peaceful protest. **** you guys are delusional.

No dickface Potus made that happen. Pandering to the worst in people. SteBelers or Trump. Take your pick people.

Bullshit! Trump stood up for our flag, our great country and the men and women that fought for our freedom. He said nothing about race. The players, liberals and the liberal MSM made this into a race thing.

Did you and other libtards come out against the racist race baiting Obama when he used his podium to immediately cry racism with Trayvon and Michael Brown? And, did you/they say anything when Obama was proven wrong and did not apologize? Did you/they say anything when these two events were used as the platform to form BLM, which has proven to be mostly a hate group? Was that not infinitely more divisive and racist than Trump standing up for our flag and our country? Liberals and obviously you really do have things backwards.

If the Steelers aren't on the field during the national anthem I'm done watching them

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I will wait and find out the details. And this stupid **** started with Obama as the POTUS. This has nothing to do with Trump. This is nothing but a show of disrespect to the flag.

No doubt. Odumfuck and the libtards set race relations back decades. That had nothing to do with Trump.

The Steelers are Obama's team - doesn't surprise me
**** obamanation most worthless president in history Steelers get you *** on that field and show respect for your flag and veterans who fight for this country the same country that keeps you rich a and for your fans I love the Steelers but just lost respect for them America first stop pulling the race card people it's week man up

Sent from my E6810 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm very proud of this team and this is the exact way this should be handled right now. A good friend of mine has been boycotting the NFL over this Kaepernick issue and I told him he can go right ahead. I am a STEELERS fan before anything else and I have a great amount of respect for this team and their ownership especially with how they have dealt with social issues over the years and the opportunities they have provided to coaches and players regardless of race or background. A very proud Steelers fan here today.

Last edited:
It all started with Kap. Who was president then ? Should have been a fineable offense. Use your influence in a better way without offending half the country.

Yeah, and where is Kaep now? Who brought this whole thing up this weekend calling NFL players sons of *******? Really, the level of delusion with some of you is through the roof.

Hit them where it hurts EVERYONE! Quit watching, quit buying, quit handing them your hard earned cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app