• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Things about which we agree

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I am firmly convinced that there is a lot more common ground in our national conscientiousness than the media allows for.

So, I propose we start a list here of the things we all hold in common.

(Things like "Tibs is trash" or "Steelertim is a nazi" are not nationally held to, so keep that in the other 4,583 thread here.)

I'll start -

1) Most people just want to work, support their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labors in safety.

2) Most people want to be secure in their nation, even if there are differences in what that looks like.

3) Most people want to be free to live out their choices of conscience without social or political interference.

4) Most people want to have the constitution upheld

5) Most people want the rule of law to protect them from knuckleheads.

Your turn. I bet this list can get huge, even if we are no longer shown how to talk like this. Break the mold. Talk about what unites us as humans in this nation, and not what the media likes us to fight over.

Be civil in this thread or start your own.

I love our ability to connect with one another through music. What's that old cliche, music the universal language.

I appreciate thoughtful, respectful and polite people who look at you in the eye when they talk and seem to genuinely mean what they say. It's also nice to hear that when dealing with people on the phone w/ work, buying goods & services and all other situations. People in Los Angeles tend to have forgotten or don't even care to know what that's all about. It's dog-eat-dog and you get looked at suspiciously for even offering a pleasantry to someone on the street or anywhere else.

Okay I digress. Animals, nature, sports (without the political BS of course) & astronomy (yes astronomy) all kick *** IMO. That's all I got for now.

The sky is blue,water is wet,the stars shine,we have a moon, life is fragile. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I am firmly convinced that there is a lot more common ground in our national conscientiousness than the media allows for.

So, I propose we start a list here of the things we all hold in common.

(Things like "Tibs is trash" or "Steelertim is a nazi" are not nationally held to, so keep that in the other 4,583 thread here.)

I'll start -

1) Most people just want to work, support their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labors in safety.

2) Most people want to be secure in their nation, even if there are differences in what that looks like.

3) Most people want to be free to live out their choices of conscience without social or political interference.

4) Most people want to have the constitution upheld

Your turn. I bet this list can get huge, even if we are no longer shown how to talk like this. Break the mold. Talk about what unites us as humans in this nation, and not what the media likes us to fight over.

Be civil in this thread or start your own.

I love the idea, but I think you have to start off on a foot that's accurate. Maybe we should get the first 5 down first, before assuming we all agree on these.

1. Most people just want to work, support their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labors in safety. I disagree. There is a PROFOUND number of people on Welfare that AIM to be there and want to be there. We don't all agree on this.

3) Most people want to be free to live out their choices of conscience without social or political interference. Yeh, but the how here is a big mouthful.

4) Most people want to have the constitution upheld. Vehemently disagree. There are countless people and organizations, hundreds of thousands if not millions, who want to tear up parts or most of the Constitution. We do NOT all agree on this point.

I agree with Tim on his counter points.

As for other things
Animals (except for the extemists)
music
sports
art?

I love the idea, but I think you have to start off on a foot that's accurate. Maybe we should get the first 5 down first, before assuming we all agree on these.

1. Most people just want to work, support their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labors in safety. I disagree. There is a PROFOUND number of people on Welfare that AIM to be there and want to be there. We don't all agree on this.

3) Most people want to be free to live out their choices of conscience without social or political interference. Yeh, but the how here is a big mouthful.

4) Most people want to have the constitution upheld. Vehemently disagree. There are countless people and organizations, hundreds of thousands if not millions, who want to tear up parts or most of the Constitution. We do NOT all agree on this point.

Please notice the word "most". It implies 50% + one. I simply can't believe that this is not true. To believe otherwise is, respectfully, to buy into the narrative of the media. I simply don't think that it is less than half. I know a ton of people, and they are that way.

The media is pure, unadulterated garbage. Richard Grenell tries to tell that parasitic, pus-filled, grotesque clown show what is going on:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">SAVAGE <a href="https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RichardGrenell</a> &#55357;&#56613; <a href="https://t.co/8fb0A1nTi9">pic.twitter.com/8fb0A1nTi9</a></p>— Benny (@bennyjohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1301961308628307968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And of course the slavering dimwit bootlicker imbeciles in today's media don't know, don't care, and can hardly wait to get together at a hipster D.C. bar and clink glasses while sharing what brilliant bon mot "gotcha" moments they had this week.

Fentanyl killed 71,000 Americans?

"I asked Trump if he thinks his own daughter is sexy!" Clink.

China is shipping the fentanyl to Mexico for delivery to America?

"I asked McEnany if Trump was going to condemn a guy not yet tried, let alone ******* convicted! Haha!!" Clink

Joe Biden cannot form a complete sentence and cannot read a prepared answer?

"I asked some guy, don't know who, about homosexuality laws in Kosovo!!" Clink

Trump's tan is tight, except for around the eyes. I bet that would poll over 90%.

Most people agree that those who gave their lives for this country in times of war were NOT losers and suckers.

Most people agree John Kelly is a retired four star Marine Corp General.

Most people agree Donald Trump received five deferments for bone spurs.

Most people agree that those who gave their lives for this country in times of war were NOT losers and suckers.

Most people agree you are an insufferable, spoiled, prattling little freeloader, sucking up bandwidth paid for by others to lecture those who pay the bills about how awful they are.

Gee, would you look at that? The one thread created to explore things that make us relatable and 'human' to one another, and this freeloading douchebag uses it as another little platform to bad-mouth the POTUS. TDS much?

You are one seriously petty & bitter ************. Look on the bright side though, you at least get to stick around here and peddle your nonsense completely free of charge!

The sky is blue,water is wet,the stars shine,we have a moon, life is fragile. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Poetry.

giphy.gif

Okay, so I get finding common ground isn't the most 'click-worthy' topic. Unfortunately.

But. But. I was thinking of a little experiment, and was wondering what many of you thought though about a song; (that I racked my damn brain over for quite a while). A song that encompasses just about everything that would attract most any human I would imagine; on lyrics, a positive message, melody, technical ability, and just the innate ability to connect humans through wonderful sounds they won't always necessarily hear in their everyday lives. JFC I sound like some damn infomercial.

Lemme know if you hear me, or if I'm alone on this one.

Gee, would you look at that? The one thread created to explore things that make us relatable and 'human' to one another, and this freeloading douchebag uses it as another little platform to bad-mouth the POTUS. TDS much?

You are one seriously petty & bitter ************. Look on the bright side though, you at least get to stick around here and peddle your nonsense completely free of charge!

I'm thinking that he just has no way of communicating beyond anger or hate? This is my point. We have been conditioned to lash out, not unite. We hate instead of communicate. Thos who would benefit from our division have won some minds. Sad.

It's tough to gain traction on a thread like this when there are so many sources out there deliberately trying to tear us apart.

The evening "news" with their selective coverage and 20 second sound bites form public opinion based on bias.

But, I digress, I agree that most people want what's best for their family, the future of their family and generations to come. I hold out hope that most believe that can be obtained through personal responsibility, respect for others, sacrifice and hard work. Compassion for those that cannot care for themselves through no fault of their own, and holding responsible those who always blame others for their plight in life.

This country offers more opportunities for it's citizens than anyplace on earth, all one has to do is put forth the effort.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that he just has no way of communicating beyond anger or hate? This is my point. We have been conditioned to lash out, not unite. We hate instead of communicate. Thos who would benefit from our division have won some minds. Sad.

This thread brings me to this quote. There's just some things I can not have unity with. I must turn away from it. It's a voice in my soul. Sometimes turning away is not enough and it must be fought.

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong. Abraham Lincoln