• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trenton Thompson

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
The guy has been playing some damn good football. I would hate to see him go back to the practice squad. I’m wondering what happens when Neal is ready to come back from IR which could be around December 17th against the Dolts. Do you keep him on the 53 man? Who sits?

That young man isn't going back to the practice squad. Heard DK say on the Foster podcast that you can tell when Tomlin likes one of the "underdog" guys and he definitely likes Thompson.

Mincah never went on IR. He is on tge active 53 right now… Neal and Riley are the two S on IR. I will guess Thompson ultimately takes Rileys spot if he comes back … when neal gets back it’s probably between Williams and Rush… depending on how much they really like Rush as a press cb..

Mincah never went on IR. He is on tge active 53 right now… Neal and Riley are the two S on IR. I will guess Thompson ultimately takes Rileys spot if he comes back … when neal gets back it’s probably between Williams and Rush… depending on how much they really like Rush as a press cb..
The cut could come somewhere unrelated like running back. McFarland wasn't even active against the Bengals because Igwebuike can return kickoffs and play other roles on special teams. McFarland doesn't do anything on special teams other than return kicks. One of those two guys should be the player to go when they need to bring back Neal.

The guy has been playing some damn good football. I would hate to see him go back to the practice squad. I’m wondering what happens when Neal is ready to come back from IR which could be around December 17th against the Dolts. Do you keep him on the 53 man? Who sits?
I still prefer Neal as he can also play ILB...Young Thompson is definitely a hidden treasure that has been revealed.

Fire Coach Tomlin!!!

I still prefer Neal as he can also play ILB...Young Thompson is definitely a hidden treasure that has been revealed.

Fire Coach Tomlin!!!
There's a piece for every need. That said, three safety sets with Minkah playing that robber role and Kazee and Thompson patrolling the back end? As long as the young man continues to play like he has been, give me more of that.

Last edited: