• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump leads Ohio and Florida

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
It's essentially over. When Jeb Bush dropped out, Trump received the largest jump. Nevada will be won by Trump. He's in the lead there by +15 points

It depends... If cruz drops out at this point... Its probable trump gets the sizable antiestablisment vote from him... The other three's voters are more likely to jump to cruz.... So the legit plan would be to back cruz but the establishment wants one of their guys... Ultimately i think they may pull a power play and trump runs as an independent

If you're going to steal my stuff at least provide the links - this isn't ******* twitter

Trump soars to nearly 50 percent in Florida!

Trump - 48%, Cruz 16%, Rubio 11%

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz40sZfKmLY

---------------------------

Trump takes dominant 50 percent lead in Mass. primary

GOP front-runner Donald Trump had 50%, with Sen. Marco Rubio at 16%, Ohio Gov. John Kasich with 13%

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...B1O/story.html

--------------------------

Donald Trump leads polls in 10 of next 14 voting states

Donald Trump is leading in 10 of the 14 states set to vote in Republican primaries or caucuses over the next two weeks.

Recent polls show that Trump is ahead in Nevada, Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Virginia, Oklahoma, Minnesota and Louisiana.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/22/donald-...voting-states/

http://steelernation.com/showthread.php?4236-Trump-Make-America-Great-Again!/page122

http://steelernation.com/showthread.php?6777-Trump-WINS-South-Carolina!/page2

Last edited:
Have to wait on more polls but that is a HUGE lead in Florida. That's also where my vote will be cast.

Yes, anything other than a Rubio win in both Ohio and Florida locks down the nomination for Trump. And it's basically over at this point already.

Florida and Ohio are both winner take all states so 2nd place is irrelevant.

It depends... If cruz drops out at this point... Its probable trump gets the sizable antiestablisment vote from him... The other three's voters are more likely to jump to cruz.... So the legit plan would be to back cruz but the establishment wants one of their guys... Ultimately i think they may pull a power play and trump runs as an independent

I think Curz if he really wants the best for the party should drop out if he places a distant 2nd or 3rd on Super Tuesday.

Some deal making can happen. Trump can pick his VP ( Kasich is my choice ), and ahem, give Cruz a favor or two in the Repblican majority senate and Congress for the state of Texas in exchange for Cruz praising Trump.

Trump would be wise to create a " super ticket " to unify the party.

Carson for Surgeon general.

Christie for Attorney general.

Trump said he will pick a "politician" as his VP. If Kasich backs off his comment of not being VP, he would be my pick. Second to him would be Rubio. And, so far, both of them haven't come under direct fire from Trump but Rubio may soon as he has started taking some shots at Trump. If Rubio goes after Trump in the debate tomorrow, Rubio will get slammed by Trump just like he did to Jeb and Cruz.

I'm leaning towards a Trump/Giuliani ticket, they have been friends for decades, Giuliani would be up for taking out radical Islamists and he could really help Trump win New York

I think Curz if he really wants the best for the party should drop out if he places a distant 2nd or 3rd on Super Tuesday.

Some deal making can happen. Trump can pick his VP ( Kasich is my choice ), and ahem, give Cruz a favor or two in the Repblican majority senate and Congress for the state of Texas in exchange for Cruz praising Trump.

Trump would be wise to create a " super ticket " to unify the party.

Carson for Surgeon general.

Christie for Attorney general.

See I don't agree with Kasich on everything, but it would be a smart pick for Trump. It shows he A is willing to find common ground, and B Kasich helps him win Ohio which Trump will need in the general election.

Cruz is ahead of Trump in Texas. I wonder if that could be an issue.

See I don't agree with Kasich on everything, but it would be a smart pick for Trump. It shows he A is willing to find common ground, and B Kasich helps him win Ohio which Trump will need in the general election.
Much of Trump's success has been because he isn't worried about finding common ground. Kasich as VP would be terrible.

Cruz would have to sweep Texas big time. Texas is not a winner take on for delegates they get split. Unless he crushed Trump in Texas this race is over.

Trump will win both Florida and Ohio and they are winner take all states.

Cruz is ahead of Trump in Texas. I wonder if that could be an issue.

Trouble for Cruz, for sure. ha ha - you expected a sweep? Texas is not a winner-take-all - it has proportional representation

Emerson poll of Texas: Cruz 29, Trump 28, Rubio 25

uh-oh!

New poll shows Cruz, Trump tied in Texas

CcBYa7GWEAE7xsE.jpg

Trouble for Cruz, for sure. ha ha - you expected a sweep? Texas is not a winner-take-all - it has proportional representation

Emerson poll of Texas: Cruz 29, Trump 28, Rubio 25

uh-oh!

New poll shows Cruz, Trump tied in Texas

CcBYa7GWEAE7xsE.jpg

Kasich polled higher than Carson, but as we all know, it would be racist to put a black man last.

Don't forget Obama's state

CcE__HdWoAA0UN_.jpg:large

Trump should go military for his VP pick. There has to be a decorated retired general out there that would give him a really solid ticket. And would help him more than using Nicki Haley or some Midwest governor/senator.

Much of Trump's success has been because he isn't worried about finding common ground. Kasich as VP would be terrible.

No, it would be a good choice. Trump's first choice as the nominee is picking a running mate. A Sarah Palin type would seriously undermine his decision-making ability among the voters. Kasich is well liked and knows how to win in Ohio.

Kasich looks like he's running for the VP spot anyway.

Last edited:
Trump should go military for his VP pick. There has to be a decorated retired general out there that would give him a really solid ticket. And would help him more than using Nicki Haley or some Midwest governor/senator.

He mentions Petraeus quite a bit. It would be an interesting ticket. However, he said recently he'd pick someone that would make a good president as well.

Stanley McChrystal?

if I am him, and I aint... I pick someone who will win one of Hillary's strongholds... it would make it interesting if he took a person from say, California... he has a real strong California backing actually... and the right guy might well put him over the top there... or he could go for Rubio like I always thought he might, maybe even Cruz... court the "hope he gets assassinated and the VP steps in" votes in the Latino community... that would probably lock down texas or florida in the big race... Leaving him free to attack New York or some of the other democratic strongholds