• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Unemployment at 4.9% Here's Obama by the numbers

Reaction score
ObamasNumbers-2015-Q3_1.png

His mid east policy is a mess and he's still spying on Americans. He's pushing for a $10 per barrel oil tax and new gun control legislation. So he's ******* up in plenty of areas. But the Republican argument that he's "ruined" America's economy are simply fallacious.

His mid east policy is a mess and he's still spying on Americans. He's pushing for a $10 per barrel oil tax and new gun control legislation. So he's ******* up in plenty of areas. But the Republican argument that he's "ruined" America's economy are simply fallacious.

It looks great if you use fudged numbers. You apply the real data and not so much.

You want to drive down unemployment? Just push people out of the labor market.

labor_force_participation_rate-chart-1.jpg

And create bullshit, low-paying, part-time jobs:

Full-Time-vs-Part-time-16-plus-since-2000-620x368.gif

But hey, it's not like Bammy is sticking us with a massive ******* debt that he oversaw, right? RIGHT???

National+Debt+and+Interest+1+Wallace.png

Oh, well that ...

But then again, look at the rise in median income under the Great Bammy:

pic6c6bbfae7f7da0429571e554b6cca6b4.png

Okay, but what about home ownership? Huh, huh?? Yeah, about that ...

US-homeownership-rate-1980-2015-Q1.png

So labor force participation, median income, full-time jobs, home ownership all way down, debt way up.

You were saying?

You want to drive down unemployment? Just push people out of the labor market.

labor_force_participation_rate-chart-1.jpg

And create bullshit, low-paying, part-time jobs:

Full-Time-vs-Part-time-16-plus-since-2000-620x368.gif

But hey, it's not like Bammy is sticking us with a massive ******* debt that he oversaw, right? RIGHT???

National+Debt+and+Interest+1+Wallace.png

Oh, well that ...

But then again, look at the rise in median income under the Great Bammy:

pic6c6bbfae7f7da0429571e554b6cca6b4.png

Okay, but what about home ownership? Huh, huh?? Yeah, about that ...

US-homeownership-rate-1980-2015-Q1.png

So labor force participation, median income, full-time jobs, home ownership all way down, debt way up.

You were saying?

did you consider all of the jobs saved!!

What are the interest rates for earnings on cds etc? How much QE has occurred? All smoke and mirrors in my opinion.

What are the interest rates for earnings on cds etc? How much QE has occurred? All smoke and mirrors in my opinion.

Yep.

Artificially buoyed by the FED pumping fake dollars into circulation and pushing down the value of money you already earned. If you or I water stocks like that we go to prison for securities fraud.

Indeed, Obama's been a terrible president, destroyed the nation as we know it. We need strong GOP leadership! We need Trump to make America great again! blah blah. All empty words for empty heads...

10491231_1090735874352799_4602670244887609481_n.png

Indeed, Obama's been a terrible president, destroyed the nation as we know it. We need strong GOP leadership! We need Trump to make America great again! blah blah. All empty words for empty heads...

10491231_1090735874352799_4602670244887609481_n.png

Ha ha....I love how he gives himself credit for lowering the deficit from 9.8% after he took it from 3.1% to 9.8%.

It's like if I spend a thousand dollars on groceries next week and then give myself credit for reducing my grocery spending by 80% the following week

You do realize not all of the measures were favorable, don't you?

Sure they were. After manipulation they looked great. You can bamboozle a lot of people if you know how to lie with statistics. See Steeltimes reply above with all the charts and graphs that I all the real story.

Even if the numbers were true, which they are not, he' still an epic fail for dividing the country along racial and economic lines like never before seen. Couple that with the international view of the U.S. as either global pariah or turn coat, sell out *******, respectively that he has built and fostered and yeah.....he's been awesome.

Fun with numbers.

Talking about pandering to the "1%". The numbers that matter to Mom & Pop Front Porch are Median Household Income down 3%, Poverty Rate up 1.6%, Consumer Prices up 12.3%, Food Stamp Recipients up 42%, Home Ownership down 4.1%, Debt Held By Public up 107%. Yeah, "No single number tells the whole story", indeed. The story here is that Wall Street skates on the backs of da peeps.

And you people wonder where the wind comes from in Trump's sails?

He's a piece of **** and false numbers do not justify his miserable existence.

. We have the lowest labor-force participation rate since 1978. There’s all sorts of ways the government plays with statistics. For example, have you noticed late the unemployment rate has gone down, what is it, 4.9% or whatever it happens to be. You would think, ‘Oh, this is a good thing. My government is telling me the unemployment rate is down.’

The government doesn’t count people that are chronical, long-term unemployed. Millions lost jobs under Obama that are no longer counted after 1 year being out of the labor force. So the number is smoke and mirrors. The number is a lie.

When Bush ha unemployment at 5%, they screamed.

...he' still an epic fail for dividing the country along racial and economic lines like never before seen.
I've seen this thrown around here a lot, like loose change. Could you pontificate on this claim? Specifically how has Obama "divided the country along racial and economic lines?" Appreciate it.

I've seen this thrown around here a lot, like loose change. Could you pontificate on this claim? Specifically how has Obama "divided the country along racial and economic lines?" Appreciate it.

The Harvard cop was stupid, even though I just read a headline and have no facts of the incident at this point. Clearly the cop is racist because he responded to a call from a concerned neighbor.
Trevon Martin could have been my son. Even those of Hispanic decent are racist against black people because there's no other explanation.

Please tell us what steps he took in Ferguson or Baltimore to quell the swell of tension and rioting that took place where buildings were destroyed and fireman were assaulted while attempting to put out a fire started by the same citizens.
Couldn't have made a speech ( like all his crying gun ban speeches ), couldn't have made a trip to the scene?

Please.
There WAS so much hope when he was elected.
But he quickly destroyed that and stoked the flames of division, racial inequality, and financial inequality.

As far as the finance portion...........
Check out how he's trying to set himself up after his term expires next January with the secret service and pension.
Things he wants to change to better himself.....not the average citizen.

Last edited:
Every complaint about Obama in this thread is a regurgitated Fox News talking point.

That's interesting because it seems none of the Obama haters have any home grown opinions. "Obama is racist" "Obama hates America". This is boilerplate Fox News propaganda, and apparently it's working.

It is a laughable joke to argue that Obama created the racial division in America. Trayvon was an unarmed teenager who was shot to death over a fistfight, and angry whites were determined to create a villain out of him. Obama did not do that. Eric Garner was strangled to death in the middle of the street by the police. On camera, broad daylight, 40 witnesses, over a FALSE ARREST. Angry whites insisted that Mr. Garner died not because of the officer's illegal choke hold, but because lazy Mr. Garner was fat.

Conservative white people hold a very low opinion of Black people. Obama did not create that. Conservative whites managed to accomplish this all on their own. And when cornered to answer why they're so hostile towards Black people, first they claim they aren't, then they start quoting crime statistics. Obama did not create that. Conservative whites managed that all on their own.

Sure they were. After manipulation they looked great. You can bamboozle a lot of people if you know how to lie with statistics. See Steeltimes reply above with all the charts and graphs that I all the real story.

I'll try again, read slowly.

You do realize NOT all of the measures were favorable, don't you?

Last edited:
Perfectly-worded response Steel Vanguard, thank you. It's nice to read posts on here from time to time that have at least half a foot planted in reality. Otherwise this board has long turned into a fairy tale wonderland for dreamy right-wingers. Confused and full of **** is no way to go through life, but so be it. The rise of Trump proves that sadly a segment of the population has gone down this path. Hopefully, at least some of these lost souls can find their way back. For others, like many on this board, it's past the point of no return.

Last edited:
Every complaint about Obama in this thread is a regurgitated Fox News talking point.

Horseshit.

I don't watch Fox News; I have an undergraduate degree in economics, read the WSJ, understand economics, and do my own research.

The fact that I provided specific data supporting my criticism of Obama's economic record demonstrates nothing more than my ability to read and use google. Try it some time.

Perfectly-worded response Steel Vanguard, thank you. It's nice to read posts on here from time to time that have at least half a foot planted in reality. Otherwise this board has long turned into a fairy tale wonderland for dreamy right-wingers. Confused and full of **** is no way to go through life, but so be it. The rise of Trump proves that sadly a segment of the population has gone down this path. Hopefully, at least some of these lost souls can find their way back. For others, like many on this board, it's past the point of no return.

It wasn't always this way. The moderates that were on this board 10-12 years ago have all been run off. Some of it has to do with this board reconstituting itself every year or so. Each time the board starts over, a certain number of people leave or change names. But alot just has to do with the obnoxious bully style bandwagon tactics used by guys like Farva and Tim. Guys who are trying to have a serious discussion get bombarded by 6th grade name calling tactics and it gets old fast.

So all you have left are the hardcore ideologues, the haters, and the sheep. I've won more arguments than I can count. And when you nail one of these guys, and debunk their bullshit, the same thing happens every time. They run out of the thread, the bullies come in to vandalize the discussion with insults, or both. It's not like most of these guys don't know their full of ****. Go read DBS's Israel thread. I smashed the entire pro-Zionist argument in like 1 or 2 posts, and these supposed champions of Israel ran out of that thread like roaches when the lights come on. They know Israel is an apartheid regime. They know her actions are indefensible when reconciled with our own American values of equality, justice, and integration. Yet they claim support for Israel because of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality and they absolutely HATE Muslims.

I wish there was a magic pill that would make people reasonable. Make them open minded. Get them to discuss things rationally instead of going off on emotional tangents and giving in to tribal loyalties. But I don't have that magic, so the struggle for truth and justice continues. For me, this board is a catharsis of sorts. Trying to understand how people can be so willfully ignorant. In the end, it seems people just believe what they want to believe rather than objectively learning about the world. They cherry pick facts that support their existing world view rather than seeking enlightenment with an open mind. The status quo, I guess, is more comforting.