• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

They serve a different purpose they aren’t analytics. They are really only good for people who play fantasy football. What makes you think a GM would use them? I see here you had an excellent fantasy football season. We are going to jump your contract up to 30 million a year with incentives if you increase your fantasy football statistics in year 2,3, and 4.

🙄
You’re right, FF is not the same analytics an actual GM would find useful in evaluating players

Obviously 100 catch seasons are good for a WR
Breaking 1000 yards is a nice benchmark too

Take old man Thielen who broke 100 and 1000 last year on one of the worst offenses in the league!

He must be AWESOME!!! Why the hell is idiot Khan trying to get other receivers when he could make a move for Thielen??? Oh, cuz 90% of the bad team’s offense when through Thielen thereby giving him a good looking season….for FF

Fantasy is more about opportunities in the offense and touches (the depth chart) than analytics.

Another example would be take any feature back in the league that isn’t part of 1-2 punch like Harris/Warren…bet they are better players too cuz the stats say soo…damn I hate FF

Keep educating these folks Slash

Some people would just rather die on a hill than admit someone else has a point too.
I simply think that team would just take the football stats that the players get during the course of the season. And all the film collected on the player to use to evaluate any player ever before they would jump on a website or pick a FF magazine and look over the fantasy points of an player they are interested in bringing in as a FA.
When a player sits down to negotiate a contract do you think they bring up their FF points as a negotiation point? Or do you think a team might bring them up.....well Pickens....we see your fantasy points this season dropped drastically. So we are only offering this amount. 😞 🙄

I simply think that team would just take the football stats that the players get during the course of the season. And all the film collected on the player to use to evaluate any player ever before they would jump on a website or pick a FF magazine and look over the fantasy points of an player they are interested in bringing in as a FA.
When a player sits down to negotiate a contract do you think they bring up their FF points as a negotiation point? Or do you think a team might bring them up.....well Pickens....we see your fantasy points this season dropped drastically. So we are only offering this amount. 😞 🙄
Scheme and QB play a part when evaluating WRs. Teams would be wise not to even glue into statistics. Is that WR a slot or a 2nd WR benefiting from a WR 1 or an elite QB? You can look at stats in general to see which way a WR is trending but that should take a backseat to all the other intangibles.

Now hearing that the 9ers are kicking the tires on Robert Woods. Could we indeed see a three team trade with Aiyuk coming to Pit?
It's possible, but I think the most likely outcome is the 49ers keeping Aiyuk. I think his agent used the Steelers to bump up the price and San Francisco is going to give him what he wants in an extension/new deal.

We saw why that is bad for the Steelers last night. To often, there was nowhere to throw down the field. Of course, Broderick Jones sucking was an even bigger problem, but the current receiving corps just isn't good enough.

Take it easy, I was being sarcastic. No need to cry.

Factual statements??? How about you go ahead and apply for a GM job with those fact-finding credentials...
Fantasy points are 100% a result of in game production. The whole world knows that. No credentials, it's common sense

You’re right, FF is not the same analytics an actual GM would find useful in evaluating players

Obviously 100 catch seasons are good for a WR
Breaking 1000 yards is a nice benchmark too

Take old man Thielen who broke 100 and 1000 last year on one of the worst offenses in the league!

He must be AWESOME!!! Why the hell is idiot Khan trying to get other receivers when he could make a move for Thielen??? Oh, cuz 90% of the bad team’s offense when through Thielen thereby giving him a good looking season….for FF

Fantasy is more about opportunities in the offense and touches (the depth chart) than analytics.

Another example would be take any feature back in the league that isn’t part of 1-2 punch like Harris/Warren…bet they are better players too cuz the stats say soo…damn I hate FF

Keep educating these folks Slash
Except nobody is drafting thielen close to high in fantasy. Rd 7 or so adp. He Like most players his fantasy value is very similar to his real world value. You say Najee Harris is a good example, he is, for my point. Harris has been the highest volume RB since he came in the league. Even when he was the Bell cow with league leading volume he was a rd 3 fantasy pick. Between Rb #10 and #15. About where he is in the real NFL world.

Fantasy points are 100% a result of in game production. The whole world knows that. No credentials, it's common sense
Actually the common sense part would be identifying what really is important to teams and what isn’t. That would be what requires common sense.

Actually the common sense part would be identifying what really is important to teams and what isn’t. That would be what requires common sense.
Common sense is realizing what's really important to NFL teams is production. period. Without it you're cut. If you have talent you can literally get away with murder, assault women and children and make 8 and 9 figures in the NFL.
You think Pittsburgh brought in Michael Vick because he was a stand up guy? Brought back Cam Sutton to run for the NFL Man of the year award?
At the end of the day Its about production and winning, That Trumps everything

Common sense is realizing what's really important to NFL teams is production. period. Without it you're cut. If you have talent you can literally get away with murder, assault women and children and make 8 and 9 figures in the NFL.
You think Pittsburgh brought in Michael Vick because he was a stand up guy? Brought back Cam Sutton to run for the NFL Man of the year award?
Vick sucked when we signed him.

No it is about winning. If the O isn’t productive but earns more points than their opponent? Great.

It begins and ends with winning that is all that matters. Teams don’t care about fantasy points. They care that each player does their job and the results ends with a W.

No it is about winning. If the O isn’t productive but earns more points than their opponent? Great.

It begins and ends with winning that is all that matters. Teams don’t care about fantasy points. They care that each player does their job and the results ends with a W.
I agree with this. But Harris needs to get 15 points a week i FF

Its not all about winning for the Rooneys, its all about the bottom line, saving money and optics. As long as the stadium is full on a sunday and the coach ticks the proper boxes. they could care less about winning. This is a whole other conversation.
Teams don't care about fantasy but you can't have production without fantasy points. A player cannot do his job and a team cannot win without production. Production dictates fantasy points. Don't know why you can't grasp that?

Its not all about winning for the Rooneys, its all about the bottom line, saving money and optics. As long as the stadium is full on a sunday and the coach ticks the proper boxes. they could care less about winning. This is a whole other conversation.
Teams don't care about fantasy but you can't have production without fantasy points. A player cannot do his job and a team cannot win without production. Production dictates fantasy points. Don't know why you can't grasp that?
No possible way Rooney does not care about winning

This absolute bullshit of the highest order. GTFOH with the Rooney doesn't want to win BS. You may not agree with all his decisions, but the guy wants to win. He also wants to stay competitive because it brings in more money which helps the team afford to win.

This absolute bullshit of the highest order. GTFOH with the Rooney doesn't want to win BS. You may not agree with all his decisions, but the guy wants to win. He also wants to stay competitive because it brings in more money which helps the team afford to win.
I think Dookie wants to be perceived as wanting to win.

Dan wanted to win SBs and was innovative in his direction and actions, and changed course several times as he steered the Steelers, including Tomlin's hiring.

I cannot say what The Deuce has done to fundamentally steer the team's direction. He seems like the stereotypical 3rd generation family biz owner more concerned with the staus quo.....and thus we have an admirable record of no losing seasons.

My redskins buddy says thst they have a deal in place for BA. I could only laugh. Heard this before.

Dan wanted to win SBs and was innovative in his direction and actions, and changed course several times as he steered the Steelers, including Tomlin's hiring.

I cannot say what The Deuce has done to fundamentally steer the team's direction. He seems like the stereotypical 3rd generation family biz owner more concerned with the staus quo.....and thus we have an admirable record of no losing seasons.

That a guy isn't Dan Rooney is not evidence that he doesn't care about winning.

I go round in round with this in my mind. But Rooney has said something about the lack of playoff wins lately. Not sure he is as hungry as perhaps the Dad but I don’t think he cares for mediocrity.

That a guy isn't Dan Rooney is not evidence that he doesn't care about winning.
You are correct.
The evidence is the lack of moves to generate SB wins, as compared to the efforts of his father.
The list of Art's accomplishments leading the Steelers is very short, to be kind.

No possible way Rooney does not care about winning
He has been winning.....it is that he is just happy with mediocracy anymore.