• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who was your college’s biggest bust?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So today Jonathan Baldwin’s name came up in conversation… He was a WR for Pitt taken in the first round by KC a little over a decade ago… he was huge, built like a tank and ran a sub 4.5 40… he also had temper issues and broke his wrist in a minicamp fight prior to camp then missed the whole preseason… knee issues quickly followed and he was traded to san fran but couldn’t pass a physical… he was out of the league within 3 seasons.

Id venture from a potential and draft position spot, he was clearly Pitt’s biggest bust..

Id think for Penn state it has to be Kajana Carter.
Yeah you have other busts like Blackledge and Courtney Brown, but Carter looked like he would be that generational running back… then his ligaments ended up being made of crepe paper…

In any case who do you think your college’s biggest draft bust was?

Also Stry-cope-r this would have been a good podcast topic if, you know, the podcast still existed 🤣🤣🤣

So today Jonathan Baldwin’s name came up in conversation… He was a WR for Pitt taken in the first round by KC a little over a decade ago… he was huge, built like a tank and ran a sub 4.5 40… he also had temper issues and broke his wrist in a minicamp fight prior to camp then missed the whole preseason… knee issues quickly followed and he was traded to san fran but couldn’t pass a physical… he was out of the league within 3 seasons.

Id venture from a potential and draft position spot, he was clearly Pitt’s biggest bust..

Id think for Penn state it has to be Kajana Carter.
Yeah you have other busts like Blackledge and Courtney Brown, but Carter looked like he would be that generational running back… then his ligaments ended up being made of crepe paper…

In any case who do you think your college’s biggest draft bust was?
I would say Courtney Brown was the biggest bust from psu.

Curtis Ennis and Kijana got injured. Plus going FIRST overall means something imo.
Courtney Brown just sucked

the University of Tennessee doesn't produce "BUSTS"

we're not the university of houston.

Curtis Ennis and Kijana got injured. Plus going FIRST overall means something imo.

Brown had knee issues that ended his career short. He actually played a year less than Carter… Carter eeked out 7 seasons… his total career starts were less than a full seasons worth… If you read Browns articles on him, they were stoked after his rookie year, then injuries just piled up till he was worthless

The thing for me was I never felt Brown was gonna be a surefire HOFer… i felt the Browns past on the better guy in Arrington… Carter, on the other hand, I thought that guy was going to just demolish the league… and he just never had that same ability to read holes in the nfl… might’ve been that he lost a step, i guess…

the University of Tennessee doesn't produce "BUSTS"

we're not the university of houston.

I’ve seen some pretty BIG busts While in Tennessee……………….

Salute the nation

UH had Andre Ware and David Klingler...but at least Klingler was a bust for cincy

supe does the name Heath Shuler mean anything to you?
mmm... yeah, he was damn good as a Vol.
wonder whatever happened to him. guess we'll never know.

Vernon Gholston, 1st rd pick to the Jets (6th overall pick) from tOSU in 2008. I'm not sure I've ever seen a more "look like tarzan, play like Jane" player in all my years watching this sport. he was a beast with the Buckeyes, but absolutely horrid in the pros.

1200x0.jpg

VernonGholston1.jpg

I personally think if Brown went anywhere but the factory of sadness he would have had a much improved career. Dude was 6-5, 280lbs and ran a 4.5 with a 37" vertical. Only the Browns could f_ck up that much talent.