• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who's watching this week?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
This could go in the football section but feel it will be turned political sooner or later.

Personally I won't watch. I'm taking at least this season off. 100% out. I will re-evaluate after the draft and see if I will watch the Steelers next year. I don't see me watching a non-Steelers game anytime soon to be honest. After the MLB strike in 1994 (I was 13) I didn't watch professional baseball until my early 20's.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm watching, but only for 2 reasons: Ben's statement and after watching them for over 40 years quitting cold turkey is a *****. I will not watch any other games, unless the Colts are getting destroyed. That's always fun for me.

Steelers only.

Never cared much for other teams. If the political drama continues down the line, I'll stop until the nfl gets it.

will watch but turn the channel if any politics rear their ugly head. Then 10 minutes later I will recheck to see if the coast is clear.

I will watch up until I see the first kneel down in any game going. If the rats kneel I'm still turning it off. I'll get my *** on the phone with direct tv and call this year a wash. When the NFL gets back to playing football I'll be back. Maybe. I turned off MLB and never came back. I'll watch hockey and mma. I have a lot of family members who will never be back under and circumstances. My father included. He was done last year after the NFL did nothing to stop the lunacy. My life does not revolve around pro sports. I'm not some blind follower of men who spit in the face of a country that makes them rich.

I still only care about the Steelers. Their attempt from last weekend to just play football did not deter me from watching them. Crushing the Rats With Wings is what matters to me come Sunday.

I will be driving from PA to NY. I will not be watching.

I will watch to see if Herr Fuehrer is going to enforce the just discovered rules dealing with national anthem etiquette.

i didn't stop watching after the NFL (and Steelers) accepted players who assaulted woman or killed and tortured scores of dogs for amusement, why would I stop watching because players are engaging in peaceful, silent, albeit ignorant protests?

Last edited:
If I stopped watching all entertainment performed by people whose political beliefs conflict with my own, I'd be left with very little to watch. I still sit down and have a beer or eat dinner with people who think these protests are awesome. In the end we're all entitled to our own opinions. If someone hates living in this country, I think they're ignorant dumbasses but that's their right.

I don't agree with what the protesters are doing but if the druggies, murderers, wife beaters, child abusers and dog killers weren't going to make me stop watching, this won't either.

And that is an attitude toward your consumer that will be their undoing. Trust me when I say this. They are losing fans daily over this ****. Not just Steeler fans. Hell the jags & rats kneeled for the anthem,but stood for God save the queen. The very oppressive country we won our independence from. Jacksonville has 2 Navy bases. Talk about making a bad choice for business.

What an idiotic article! I haven't watched since the beginning of last year. That has more to do with TV in general, and the NFL becoming crap, as anything. I killed the Dish and haven't really looked back. Will I be back? Probably, but they're not encouraging me to at this point.

Football as we know it will be over and done within a decade.

I say this as someone who thinks the whole concussion thing is a bit overhyped, but still...no one's gonna be letting their kids play in a few years. My son plays and I get shocked looks and comments all the time now from other parents about how can I let him play football. Some high schools can't even field a team anymore.

I will not be watching. I have my son this weekend normally I would trade picking him up for dropping him off Sunday evening but not this week. If the players are going to disrespect the national anthem and the colors by making a half *** political statement during their presentation, and the NFL is going to simply let them then I am not going to give the game eyeballs that drive ad revenue. As a combat veteran I will not be watching Veterans Day weekend either. I will evaluate things a week to week to see if I come back. I have no problem with players doing what the Cowboys did and making their statement after the anthem. Doing anything like that during the anthem is inappropriate.

A-hole Titan player told fans not to come to the game. I'm sure the owner of the team loved that.

Don’t come to the game.
That’s the message a couple of the Titans’ star players have for any outraged fans threatening to turn their back on the team…
“First off, I’m going to say this: We’re not disrespecting the military, the men and women that serve in the Army. That’s not what it’s all about,” Titans tight end Delanie Walker said…
“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

oh geez, it was a matter of time before a player went there. There's a bunch of fans that only need to be told that once. That's potential self-inflicted suicide.

I have made other plans. We'll see if the product gets better to devote a few hours to on a Sunday afternoon.

I wonder how many damage control commercials the NFL will pour into the airwaves on Sunday. Most likely will include photos of eagles soaring, kids playing football in the back yard, the flag waving around with a dark blue sky behind it. Maybe a space shuttle launch or moon landing. :)

A-hole Titan player told fans not to come to the game. I'm sure the owner of the team loved that.

Don’t come to the game.
That’s the message a couple of the Titans’ star players have for any outraged fans threatening to turn their back on the team…
“First off, I’m going to say this: We’re not disrespecting the military, the men and women that serve in the Army. That’s not what it’s all about,” Titans tight end Delanie Walker said…
“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

These players do not learn. Adding more gasoline to an already vicious fire.

going to be out on the boat with the grand kids Sunday, couldn't watch if I wanted to, I cancelled DTV and switched my phone to Verizon.

going to be out on the boat with the grand kids Sunday, couldn't watch if I wanted to, I cancelled DTV and switched my phone to Verizon.

I have an old project boat (1979 22' Whaler) that I'll probably be working on and hopefully riding on Sunday if the weather is OK. What make/model boat do you have 42?

I have an old project boat (1979 22' Whaler) that I'll probably be working on and hopefully riding on Sunday if the weather is OK. What make/model boat do you have 42?

I have a 2010 Bennington poontoon. Fish and ski. has two live wells nice stereo system, and lots of room. we actually have had it out around 8 miles off shore out of Destin pass fishing, well actually chasing Dolphins with the grand Kids. I would up load a picture but college tuition has me broke right now. lol