• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

1st Republican Debate

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Woke up a little early this morning and remembered it was on, so I watched a few minutes. What a **** show. Everybody talking and yelling over each other, to the point you can't hear the answers to the questions asked. It was stupid. Another circus from the rudderless, do-nothing Republican party. I liked Vivek going in, and now I'm not sure I'd vote for any of them. Clowns. The lot of them.

i'd vote for a literal clown over Biden. I didn't watch a second of it. Probably wouldn't have watched even if Trump was on stage. Nomination is always determined before PA anyway. I just need to know which name will fill the Not Biden slot on the ballot.

winner tonight was China. any ? regarding China was turned to against Russia against the southern border Everything but China.

No one really stood out as moving the needle at all to me. Vivek will certainly appeal to the Trumpers but could never win a general election. I like Tim Scott but he didn’t really stand out much tonight.

All of them up there clamoring to spend more money in Ukraine while ignoring problems at home. Russia Russia Russia! Putin, Putin, Putin!! Pretending the US didn’t start that whole ******* mess. They sounded like Democrats. We’re so ******.

All of them up there clamoring to spend more money in Ukraine while ignoring problems at home. Russia Russia Russia! Putin, Putin, Putin!! Pretending the US didn’t start that whole ******* mess. They sounded like Democrats. We’re so ******.
I agree. What’s the end game? Do we have one? Nikki Haley really blew it there especially when she said “It’s only 3% of our defense budget”…what? That’s huge…

Chris Christie says it's a lie we are depleting our own defenses. Yeah, like we didn't recently run out 155mm artillery rounds and have to go begging South Korea for theirs. As someone who works in defense, I can assure Chris Christie that he is full of ****.

Vivek was the only one saying he would cut off the funding to the Biden family, I mean Ukraine.

The only 2 I would even consider would be Desantis and Ramaswammy. I had really hoped for Haley to be the choice.
Pence needs to go away, and go become the preacher he really wants to be. I will never consider the religious right candidates Like him. Christie is the same schmuck from the last cycle. Scott is leaning too close to the Religious right. The other 2 aren’t even worth mentioning.

Not much time to talk with 8 people on stage. They have to resort to zingers or other shock value answers. But that's not the way to run a country.

I didn't watch it. It sounds like I didn't miss a thing. I would have turned it off after hearing about Ukraine and Russia.

The majority of Americans are sick of giving our money and weapons away to other countries. It's not like we don't have a fuckton of issues here it could be used on at home.

Woke up a little early this morning and remembered it was on, so I watched a few minutes. What a **** show. Everybody talking and yelling over each other, to the point you can't hear the answers to the questions asked. It was stupid. Another circus from the rudderless, do-nothing Republican party. I liked Vivek going in, and now I'm not sure I'd vote for any of them. Clowns. The lot of them.
The forum set up was dumb and too many people up there to actually hear anything. I'm still leaning DeSantis - he at least has a track record of getting things done. Wish he would have spoke more on the illegal immigration and the things they have implemented in Florida. Yeah, he isn't all bombastic and in your face, but to me he is best positioned to take things on.

Vivek Obamaswamy - I'm not sure what people see in him. Yeah, he talks a good game, but if you watch - he flip flops on everything, he's a pharma bro, and there is a lot on him out there if you just go look. Not a very trustworthy person, and most of his schtick is talking points. I don't like Chris Christie, but he called it right with that used car salesman - Chatgpt, and good bringing up his book he released last year that shows his flip floppy ways. Hard pass on the slick talking con man.

Haley - neocon warmonger and "look at me i'm a woman!!"

Scott - same story over and over again - what exactly has he accomplished?

The rest - meh.

Let's not forget the really stupid UFO question to Christie. I mean, wtf?

We will get the government we deserve - cause we keep voting for entertainment and talking points.

I didn't watch it. Can't care at this point. I will vote for almost any sentient being other than Biden because I care about the United States, but I realize it just doesn't matter at this point.

bill-murray-meatballs.gif

We are $32 trillion in debt, not one candidate is even remotely concerned with that fact, they all plan on spending more and more and more and more. Meanwhile, BRICS is challenging the dollar as the petro-currency, real inflation is above 6%, the economy is set to crash, we are gutting our military, we pushed Russia into a somewhat unsettled relationship with China, we are governed by blithering idiots, violent criminals are set free, January 6 protesters who spent 10 minutes in the Capital after the police opened the door are facing 3 years in jail, elected officials insist that men can have babies and they cannot define who a "woman" is, and a dementia-ridden grifter plagiarist serial liar and opportunist scumbag is our President.

I’d like Vivek as Trump’s VP.

I didn't watch it. Can't care at this point. I will vote for almost any sentient being other than Biden because I care about the United States, but I realize it just doesn't matter at this point.

bill-murray-meatballs.gif

We are $32 trillion in debt, not one candidate is even remotely concerned with that fact, they all plan on spending more and more and more and more. Meanwhile, BRICS is challenging the dollar as the petro-currency, real inflation is above 6%, the economy is set to crash, we are gutting our military, we pushed Russia into a somewhat unsettled relationship with China, we are governed by blithering idiots, violent criminals are set free, January 6 protesters who spent 10 minutes in the Capital after the police opened the door are facing 3 years in jail, elected officials insist that men can have babies and they cannot define who a "woman" is, and a dementia-ridden grifter plagiarist serial liar and opportunist scumbag is our President.

At this point in time Washington and the federal government is a lost cause. Yeah, I'll vote for anyone, not democrat, but I'm just going to focus on the state I live in and over preparing for whatever is coming down the pipeline. It's all you can really do. Take care of your own. Not enough people will actually pay attention and take voting action until it's a problem that can no longer be solved by voting.

Unfortunately Trump will likely win the nomination and lose in the general again. Yes, even to the drooling Weekend At Bernie’s excuse for a president that we have now. Trump hate drives people to the polls. Unless one of them gets sick or dies sadly I think it’s inevitable.

Unfortunately Trump will likely win the nomination and lose in the general again. Yes, even to the drooling Weekend At Bernie’s excuse for a president that we have now. Trump hate drives people to the polls. Unless one of them gets sick or dies sadly I think it’s inevitable.
Trump may ultimately get the nomination, but he is going to get nominated from prison. They are going to lock him up, throw away the key and rub it in every conservative face they can, and nobody will do **** about it. They obviously aren't afraid of the voters. Why would they be? Half the nation supports those frauds.

Yep, seems folks forget just how much Trump brings hate votes out more than anything.

I for one don't want to see two old ***** rambling at each other during the GE. Why does the Trump crowd think he is going to win, and even when he does - retribution, drain the swamp, BUILD THE WALL - not only did he not drain the swamp the first go around, he added to it. He is too old, care too much about people thinking he is "the best eeeevvvvaaahhh" and will be using most of his campaign money to fight indictments to actually have anything remotely resembling a robust campaign for the general election. That is the left's plan - boost him in the primaries to crush him in the general, and it will happen.

Of course, it could be that Biden doesn't end up the Dem candidate. Just seeing some things that make me think that, and whoever (cough Newsome cough) ends up in that seat is going to be way worse. Buckle up.

We deserve the government we get.............aren't you entertained!!!

I think what you meant to write was "Trump hate drives millions of pre-marked ballots across state lines in trucks to be delivered in the dead of night after counting is suspended."

I think what you meant to write was "Trump hate drives millions of pre-marked ballots across state lines in trucks to be delivered in the dead of night after counting is suspended."

We know why Pelosi was so giddy back in July when several key states circumvented their own constitutions to allow the mass mail in shenanigans.

You know for safety,because it was an emergency! The population was terrified after 24/7 media propaganda on the black plague. Easy peezy.

There's no way in hell you can validate massive numbers like that in a timely manner. The election would be long certified and history erased before anyone could get past the obstructionm