• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

30 In House Visits

ianv2012

Reaction score
Per the Depot, 30 out of 30 in house visits available are completed:

OT Darnell Wright/Tennessee- Visited April 18th

TE Darnell Washington/Georgia- Visited April 18th

OG O'Cyrus Torrence/Florida- Visited April 5th

C John Michael Schmitz/Minnesota- Visited March 24th

EDGE Tuli Tuipulotu/USC- Visited April 3rd

S Daniel Scott/Cal- Visited April 12th

CB Tyrique Stevenson/Miami- Visited April 5th

WR Jonathan Mingo/Ole Miss- Visited week of March 20th

OC/G Steve Avila/TCU- Visited April 6th

CB Julius Brents/Kansas St- Visited April 3rd

WR Charlie Jones/Purdue- Visited March 31st

DT Keeanu Benton/Wisconsin- Visited April 3rd

OT/G Cody Mauch/North Dakota St- Visited March 31st

WR Jayden Reed/Michigan St- Visited April 12th

CB Deontae Banks/Maryland- Visited April 4th

S Tanner Ingle/NC State- Visited April 4th

IOL Chandler Zavala/NC State- Visited April 4th

QB Clayton Tune/Houston- Visited April 18th

OT Anton Harrison/Oklahoma- Visited April 5th

NT Siaki Ika/Baylor- Visited April 5th

CB Darius Rush/S. Carolina- Visited April 6th

CB Christian Gonzalez/Oregon- Visited April 6th

DE Keion White/Georgia Tech- Visited April 6th

EDGE Robert Beal Jr/Georgia- Visited April 11th

QB Jaren Hall/BYU- Visited April 12th

DL Karl Brooks/Bowling Green- Visited April 13th

EDGE Felix Anudeke Uzomah/Kansas St- Visited April 14th

WR Cedric Tillman/Tenn- Visited April 14th

OT Broderick Jones/Georgia- Visited April 17th

DL Bryan Bresee/Clemson- Visited April 17th

Local Visits:

CB Joey Porter Jr/Penn St- Visited March 30th

WR Bryce Ford Wheaton/WVU- Visited April 13th

Last edited:
Per the Depot, only two players out of the 30 in house visits available are scheduled:

OT Dawand Jones/Ohio St

DT Gervon Dexter/Florida

I'll update as more are scheduled or completed

The right trench workers can make a difference. With these two being scheduled, It appears the STEELERS are headed in the right direction.

Good for them and historically the STEELERS have made full use of the in house visits.

Salute the nation

Per the Depot, only two players out of the 30 in house visits available are scheduled:

OT Dawand Jones/Ohio St

DT Gervon Dexter/Florida

I am thinking DJ is in 2A range and Dex round 3.

OT Dawand Jones/Ohio St

DT Gervon Dexter/Florida

Remember Ian, players from schools within 50 miles of PIT do not count towards the 30. So they can interview several players from Pitt Univ, Robert Morris or even Duquesne without costing slots.

I don't know about yinz but I do get the trenches vibe this draft coming from the Steelers. Compared to a LBer and RB vibes of years past.

I would be shocked to not see one of each of the trenches between the first 5 picks. Round 1 -4.

Remember Ian, players from schools within 50 miles of PIT do not count towards the 30. So they can interview several players from Pitt Univ, Robert Morris or even Duquesne without costing slots.
Oh I know, I started writing that caveat but then figured everyone should pretty much know that by now and left it out.

I don't know about yinz but I do get the trenches vibe this draft coming from the Steelers. Compared to a LBer and RB vibes of years past.

I would be shocked to not see one of each of the trenches between the first 5 picks. Round 1 -4.

I’d like to see 2 of the first three and 3 of the first 4 be trenches.

REALITY is you are probably right. If a stud OT is there in the first, I take him.

I still think Drew Sanders in the 3rd could easily happen, that’s not a bad pick either.

Salute the nation

Update:

CB Kelee Ringo has an in house visit scheduled, updated original post to reflect.

Not sure if it's a confirmed in-house visit that makes him one of the 30. I will update the OG post once it's confirmed.

We definately can use competition at Center, it desn’t hurt to keep kicking the tires.

Salute the nation

Per the Depot, S Daniel Scott/Cal, has an in-house visit scheduled with the Steelers. An interesting day 2..maybe day 3 prospect. Showed incredible athleticism in testing. He's listed as a FS, so do the Steelers see a possibility of him moving to SS?

Original post of visitors updated to reflect.

Last edited:
Bresee is to raw vs the run to draft as a nt,he could be another Hargrave drafted to play nt but better as a rusher and poor vs the run and get unseaten by a back up.
The only way it would have meant to keep Javon was to use him as a de and a 3t but back then we didn't run the big nickel as much. I am fine with Branch as he is a S and Slot CB rather have him in the slot rather than Maulet.
I really hope we take Mazi Smith or Bennett.

Bresee is to raw vs the run to draft as a nt,he could be another Hargrave drafted to play nt but better as a rusher and poor vs the run and get unseaten by a back up.
The only way it would have meant to keep Javon was to use him as a de and a 3t but back then we didn't run the big nickel as much. I am fine with Branch as he is a S and Slot CB rather have him in the slot rather than Maulet.
I really hope we take Mazi Smith or Bennett.
I think if Bresee were the pick he'd be a 5 tech, not a NT, they'd rotate him ogunjobi, Heyward, and Leal. I would think ogunjobi in that situation would get more nose looks rotating with Adams. Of course they could always double dip at DL and take a 5 tech type and a nose type. There are several guys in this draft that can play a NT role in our defense. Keeanu Benton, Gervon Dexter, Keondre Coburn, Jarrod Clark, Broderic Martin, Nesta Jade Silvera. I think double dipping at DL is likely anyways

Per the Depot, S Daniel Scott/Cal, has an in-house visit scheduled with the Steelers. An interesting day 2..maybe day 3 prospect. Showed incredible athleticism in testing. He's listed as a FS, so do the Steelers see a possibility of him moving to SS?

Original post of visitors updated to reflect.

Kind of strange for a top 30 visit. He will be 25 in October and reportedly wasn't the greatest tackler, I guess a decent nickle but surprised they brought him in.