• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

shouldn't the left applaud her courage under the guise of comedy, as they claimed Kathy Griffin was doing/did?

Both were tacky, ugly and not called for.

I never watched one episode, so it's no loss to me.

The Left wanted her gone the moment her show re-aired. Saying that, to give them the shovel to dig your grave is suicidal.

The Left wanted her gone the moment her show re-aired. Saying that, to give them the shovel to dig your grave is suicidal.

yeah, when it failed to take an anti-Trump stance, the left were not happy that it was so successful.

I loved the old show (except for the ending) and had heard the new show was pretty good. I saw part of one episode of the reboot and that part was good.

Yeah, Tim Allen is shaking his head right now. He knows how to poke the left correctly (and am glad his sitcom is coming back). What she said was pretty abhorrent.

The funniest thing about her "joke" is that her show got cancelled.

I really don't like the "moral" test to do business in entertainment. I kind of feel the same way about my sports athletes too.

Rosanne has never been a "great" human being in my book, but should that really matter if she makes an entertaining show that people (not me, I never watched the first one and only watched a few of the latest because my wife liked it) watched?

Why not just let the viewers decide? Why does some "corporate" overseer have to decide who is "morally" acceptable to make TV shows?

I'm not talking about criminality because I can understand some degree that there are some crimes too horrid to give 2nd chances to (I thought that about Vick). But what Rosanne did was NOT criminal, just stupid and racist (even though based on her hiring practices and who she worked with she seemed pretty open to giving lots of people chances, not just the "good looking hollywood types").

I just don't really like this constant moral outrage at someone, then people act all high and mighty and fire people. For all we know the guy who FIRED her at ABC is more of a ******* racist than she is. The hypocrisy is not lost on me at all.

Seems to me we are in a society of a lot of casting stones and social media has exaggerated that to the Nth degree. And decisions on people's livelihood (in an industry that lacks all moral compass already) seems like it's only done depending on which way media/social outrage is blowing that day.

Remember when Bill Maher was fired for this stunt?

33963896_1889363754442335_2584090799037743104_n.png

If ABC feels the need to cancel her show, I have no problem with it. There are other networks free to pick it up if they feel it's in their best interests.

I pretty much feel the same way about the NFL requiring players to stand for the national anthem. If you don't like it, there is always the CFL, or the new Wrestlemania league, or any number of other job opportunities if you're willing to forego million dollar paychecks, fame, fortune etc. Unemployment is at an all time low, supposedly.

It was cancelled because it was getting great ratings by being pro-Trump and poking fun at PC culture. This was just the excuse.

ABC/ESPN also just re-re-hired Keith Olbermann whose twitter timeline insulting Trump makes Roseanne look tame.

Also funny these are the same people screaming that the NFL has no right to make players stand for the anthem because free speech. Then they demand Roseann be cancelled over a tweet. Oh, but that’s different.

Futher proof that the left’s definition of free speech is speech they agree with. Anything else is racist and must not be allowed.

If ABC feels the need to cancel her show, I have no problem with it. There are other networks free to pick it up if they feel it's in their best interests.

Roseanne’s career just went the way of Michael Richard’s career.

I just feel bad for her fellow cast mates that didn't send a racist tweet. They lost their jobs too through no fault of their own.
Yeah And if they go and cancel the reruns, they can kiss the royalties goodbye.

It was cancelled because it was getting great ratings by being pro-Trump and poking fun at PC culture. This was just the excuse.

ABC/ESPN also just re-re-hired Keith Olbermann whose twitter timeline insulting Trump makes Roseanne look tame.

Also funny these are the same people screaming that the NFL has no right to make players stand for the anthem because free speech. Then they demand Roseann be cancelled over a tweet. Oh, but that’s different.

Futher proof that the left’s definition of free speech is speech they agree with. Anything else is racist and must not be allowed.

Get a clue. So Rosanne conveniently provided them an excuse to **** can the show? I suppose Howard Cosell did the same. Again, get a clue. You’re the only one here not getting it.

Get a clue. So Rosanne conveniently provided them an excuse to **** can the show? I suppose Howard Cosell did the same. Again, get a clue. You’re the only one here not getting it.

I’m ot saying Roseann did it to get cancelled. I’m saying the execs wanted the show gone so they could show their faces at cocktail parties around hollywood again.

You are naive if you think ABC execs were not itching for a reason to get rid of the show. Rob Reiner aka Meathead went on a tyrade after the first show, demanding it be cancelled. But the super high ratings meant they had to keep it, until this provided the perfect escape hatch.

now ABC execs will be invited to parties again.

I wonder if netflix will pick this up. They gave the unfunny hack who insulted Sara Sanders personally at the correspondents dinner her own show. First show she doubled down and attached sanders more.

I’m ot saying Roseann did it to get cancelled. I’m saying the execs wanted the show gone so they could show their faces at cocktail parties around hollywood again.

You are naive if you think ABC execs were not itching for a reason to get rid of the show. Rob Reiner aka Meathead went on a tyrade after the first show, demanding it be cancelled. But the super high ratings meant they had to keep it, until this provided the perfect escape hatch.

now ABC execs will be invited to parties again.

I wonder if netflix will pick this up. They gave the unfunny hack who insulted Sara Sanders personally at the correspondents dinner her own show. First show she doubled down and attached sanders more.

Nonsense. You’re creating a narrative you’d like to believe. The ABC news news execs knew of the show’s politics well before the first episode aired. Are you so naive to think the profits and ratings meant nothing to them and they are now relieved to lose that? Youve lost your friggin mind.