• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dear Lord this offseason seems longer than others

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
maybe it is just me but this offseason seems like it will never end

to kill time

who is a Steeler player you feel never got the respect or fanfare he deserved

no listing Aaron Smith - he should be at the top of most lists

on the other end of the spectrum

a player the Steelers drafted that you had high hopes for but they failed to fullfill the promise

Mike Wagner - one of my favorite players from my youth. He always seemed to make plays.

Charles Johnson - Colorado seemed to be on TV a lot when he was there. I thought he was gonna be great.

Mike Wagner - one of my favorite players from my youth. He always seemed to make plays.

Charles Johnson - Colorado seemed to be on TV a lot when he was there. I thought he was gonna be great.
I thought Deon was going to be solid, the bullet said otherwise. Go Figures.

to kill time

a player the Steelers drafted that you had high hopes for but they failed to fullfill the promise

I have one name that can fill both of your questions………………

Kordell Stewart

1) a. First Steelers QB to finish a season above 60% completion rate
…b. Only Qb with a 80+ yard TD pass / 80+ yard Rushing TD / 80+ yard punt
…c. Slash role, very good teammate, role model for the youth

2) a. Play off loses
…b. Didn’t want to be WR or slash-role
…c. Out of his control but recipient of vicious rumor(s)

Salute the nation

to kill time

Potsie was one. Farrior may not have been drafted by the Steelers, but he was one of Colbert’s best FA acquisitions. Coach LeBeau said he was the second unheralded player on that defense, right behind Aaron Smith.

Under appreciated: Loren Toews - probably overshadowed by Jack Lambert and Jack Ham but he was solid.
Underwhelming: Tie between Jarvis Jones and Devin Bush - probably Bush since they used so much draft capitol for him.

has anyone mention Aaron Smith yet?

this off season does seem like it is dragging. I attribute that to having to be subjected to reading 30-35 Greg Lloyd posts

Yes SIR, once I got put on ignore, things were much better.

Even at that, this place is still by far the best ever.!!!

Salute the nation

has anyone mention Aaron Smith yet?

this off season does seem like it is dragging. I attribute that to having to be subjected to reading 30-35 Greg Lloyd posts
Little do people know but Chuck was buddy buddy with Aaron. This one time at camp they were caught talking to one another.

Besides the #1 underappreciated Steeler player of all time, my answer to both questions is the same player...Kendrell Bell. When he was healthy, he showed as a future Hall of Fame player. His rookie year at training camp he blew up Hall of Fame RB Jerome Bettis putting him on his back and putting the whole team on notice. During games, you couldn't help but notice him on every play. He disrupted offenses, and it was incredible to watch. But his knee injuries caused his career to fall way too short and he never lived up to his potential as an NFL player. It's a sad story really.

Larry Brown. Good mention. He should be in this discussion.

If Coach Tomlin had used him properly, he’d be in the HOF……………..

Salute the nation

If Coach Tomlin had used him properly, he’d be in the HOF……………..

Salute the nation
F-in Shades. Him and Najee just the worst. Just yesterday Cam was talking about going to Cleveland and I believe he would have gone if his wife wouldn’t have talked him out of it. Being under contract means nothing.

Here one day being traded after the trade deadline to Cleveland for two number 1s the next day. Cool shades never knows when your time is up. Buddies how many of us have them.

Wagner was one of the guys i was wondering if someone would bring up

under appreciated - Larry brown comes to mind.. opening holes dontt remember him getting acolades. Steady.

under performed - Miles Jack.. Thought he would come in and kill it.. but ,,,,
Yes...Larry Brown

another mostly forgotten I guy I thought might be mentioned

All those guys, Larry Brown, Mike Wagner, Steve Furness, John Banaszak were all great contributors to the Steelers.
You could make the case that Mike Wagner should be HOF. Excellent safety.
Anither player is LC Greenwood. Always lived in the shadows of Joe Greene.
I think he had like 68 career sacks and still a record 4 sacks in SB against Dallas Roger Staubach.
Should be in the HOF and very underrated in the NFL.

Steve Furness & John Banaszak

Those two guys fill the need hugely, as the Steel Curtain was starting to "rust" a bit..
IDK, these guys had recognition IMO. Maybe lesser now, but back then they were talked about, if I remember correctly.