• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Desantis out…

Buster

Reaction score
Desantis has dropped out. Where do his backers go and are there enough to even matter. Is he a possible running mate for Trump.

I would encourage every conservative to volunteer for the election. With eyes and ears, phones, etc., there, no repeats of election fixing will be easy.

Well, I wanted DeSantis for president. People are just too hung up on Trump.

Glad he's coming back to Florida. Washington is ****** anyway. **** that place.

Desantis gave his approval to Trump. I really dont know why Desantis was polling so poorly. He is like Trump w/o all the baggage.

Seems odd that he would drop out now, since he was #2, and Trump’s eligibility is still not sure.

I was leaning towards Haley, but she is showing too much as an establishment Republican. DeSantis was looking better every time Haley opened her mouth.

I still think whomever gets the nod, should call Tulsi Gabbard for VP. Before everyone goes bat **** crazy, hear me out.
1. She would help siphon off center left voters who are tired of the radicals in the Democratic party
2. She is a woman of color, and apparently that is now a requirement
3. She has actual real Military service, and is not a War Hawk
4. She would only be VP, so some of her more controversial ideas would be blunted.
5. She is no longer pretending to be a Democrat, so her votes in the Senate, if needed, are not likely to go in favor of the Democrats.

Desantis was not small-government enough for me. Gabbard is Haley. No thanks to both.

If Trump gets the nod, I hope he picks the governor of Texas.

If the election is honest, yes.
There are a lot on the right who can't stand Trump. That is a concern for me.

Heard a DeSantis supporter on TV say he can't support either Trump or Haley....on the basis that they don't "share his principles."

WTF is he talking about? They share the same principles as DeSantis. Especially Trump.

It's loud and clear that it's a personality contest with this guy, not about who's best suited to turn this country around.

There are a lot on the right who can't stand Trump. That is a concern for me.

Heard a DeSantis supporter on TV say he can't support either Trump or Haley....on the basis that they don't "share his principles."

WTF is he talking about? They share the same principles as DeSantis. Especially Trump.

It's loud and clear that it's a personality contest with this guy, not about who's best suited to turn this country around.
That was one of the goals of the Dems/rinos and the media.

Seems odd that he would drop out now, since he was #2, and Trump’s eligibility is still not sure.

I was leaning towards Haley, but she is showing too much as an establishment Republican. DeSantis was looking better every time Haley opened her mouth.

I still think whomever gets the nod, should call Tulsi Gabbard for VP. Before everyone goes bat **** crazy, hear me out.
1. She would help siphon off center left voters who are tired of the radicals in the Democratic party
2. She is a woman of color, and apparently that is now a requirement
3. She has actual real Military service, and is not a War Hawk
4. She would only be VP, so some of her more controversial ideas would be blunted.
5. She is no longer pretending to be a Democrat, so her votes in the Senate, if needed, are not likely to go in favor of the Democrats.
DeSantis being #2 on the ticket offers nothing. Gabbard would however, will bring in votes that might otherwise not be cast.

The question now becomes will Trumps ego allow that to happen? :unsure: :ROFLMAO: I could ask the same question about the new OC.

DeSantis being #2 on the ticket offers nothing. Gabbard would however, will bring in votes that might otherwise not be cast.

The question now becomes will Trumps ego allow that to happen? :unsure: :ROFLMAO: I could ask the same question about the new OC.
Not a chance those two get along, unless her tendency to move with the wind allow her to ride his coattails. I don't see that happening.

The reality is DeSantis only ran if the dimz could knock Trump out in court. They have failed to do so and now they must face the man in November. Judgment day is coming.
Correct… but that remains to be seen..
Trump is still up to his eyeballs in alligators..
DeSantis must be a good Catholic..he pulled out too soon .,

I thing the dem do better that Republicans is stick together. I would hope tht if Trump cleans up in NH like he did in Iowa that Haley follows in Desantis path and endorses Trump.

DeSantis was too religious. If he would have toned it down he might have had a better chance.

Desantis was not small-government enough for me. Gabbard is Haley. No thanks to both.

If Trump gets the nod, I hope he picks the governor of Texas.
Gabbard is not Haley, the only real thing they have in common is they are both Women.

DeSantis was too religious. If he would have toned it down he might have had a better chance.
That was what killed my support for Rand Paul when he was running. If not for all the religious rhetoric, he was on point. The religious rhetoric was a non starter for me, and still is.