• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's............................@ Chiefs

Chicoman

Reaction score
Pretty much no question about this one....The Biggest **** SHOW of the season for our Steelers. I think this loss pretty much put the nails in the coffin for our playoff hopes for 2021 although they aren't mathmatically elminated, this loss pretty much shows us the warts this team has and there are many of them. I'm pretty much at a loss for words after this game but everything from the piss poor O-line play to the sloppy tackling from our Defense. I think it's a coaching issue. I know some people will always defend Mike Tomlin as one of the All-Time great coaches in the NFL but how can you keep defending the guy? I know no losing seasons the worst he's been in 8-8. IMO 8-8 is a losing season, when you don't make the playoffs it's a losing season IMO. I get that players play the game, not coaches but when it comes to Mike Tomlin this guy has won 3 playoff games in 11 years with his teams he puts on the field. Several of Tomlin's teams have been loaded with talent especially from 2014 - 2017. Tomlin's head should be on the chopping block as Head Coach, I can't remember a NFL Head Coach who has under achieved more with as talented as a roster as some of Mike Tomlin's teams. I also think the time has come for Keith Butler (is he even our real Defensive Coordinator?) to go and I can't see any reason to keep Matt Canada as the Steelers OC regardless if Ben retires or not. Defensively this defense has worn down over the past half of the season and perhaps that is because the Steelers have been losing the Time of Possession battle especially in the first half of most games. I'll enjoy these last 2 games......as next week vs Cleveland could be Ben's last Home Game as a Steeler. He certainly deserves better than what the Steelers have given him this season when it comes to a supporting cast. I'm pulling for you Ben.....I hope you go out a winner! Thanks for all the great games!

Per Tomlin's Post Game Presser:
TJ Watt - Has cracked ribs, was able to go back in
Trai Turner - Knee Injury
Kendrick Green - Calf Injury

Game Balls - Corliss Waitman - 2 punts 60.5 yd average. I'm not a heartless person and feel bad Pressley Harvin lost his father but if Harvin still has a job after this week the business that is Steelers football is seriously flawed!

Game Goats:
Kendrick Green - This guy should never see the field as the Steelers starting Center ever again! He's ******* ATTROCIOUS! Put him at guard and if he can't cut it, cut his *** off this team!
Trai Turner - Why is this bum even on this roster. Another guy who is absolutely terrible! He along with Green are the 2 worst O-linemen we have.

FU's:
FU Mike Tomlin - Cmon man you've got 3 playoff wins in the last 11 seasons....at what point in this guy going to start being held responsible for the team's preperation and performance?
FU Adrian Klemm - How pathetic is it that our O-line looks just as bad now as they did in week 1 with no signs of improvement? Adriam Klemm FU!

Last edited:
Short and simple

Thanks Chicoman.......... I always enjoy this series of yours but I'm sorry as to how this team saddens fans like us because we care deeply. Why can't we put a decent product on the field of play. The player talent has been there but its the constant...... Coach Tomlin who is the end result in decision making. GOAT in the FU department.

Salute the nation

I usually have two cents but you said it all. The punter was all I had too. Heyward never gives up but didn't play great either.

No game balls this week, the entire team stunk.

What's up with the two clowns celebrating and signaling while getting blown out? Witherspoon flexing down 30 points and McCloud signaling first down in a guy's face, then Tomlin condoning it after the game. SMH.

FUs
Tomlin and the entire coaching staff and Colbert for assembling that offensive line during the offseason. Kansas City's front office put on a master class how to rebuild an offensive line. I hope the Steelers organization took note.

No game balls this week, the entire team stunk.

What's up with the two clowns celebrating and signaling while getting blown out? Witherspoon flexing down 30 points and McCloud signaling first down in a guy's face, then Tomlin condoning it after the game. SMH.

FUs
Tomlin and the entire coaching staff and Colbert for assembling that offensive line during the offseason. Kansas City's front office put on a master class how to rebuild an offensive line. I hope the Steelers organization took note.
If Tomlin is serious about staying on as HC and wants to change the Steelers culture, McCloud should be at a minimum not dressed the last 2 games and if he doesn't handle that we'll released. He's the type of player that needs to be made an example of. He's a mediocre at best kick returner and will never be a big part of our offense.

I'm not holding my breath. Accountability is a four letter word.

Someone was kind enough to rob me earlier in the week ........ but I felt more violated having sat through this game and the lackluster efforts by members of this organization.
Coaching and play calling especially on OFF. Overall effort .... sad ..... DJ dropping the ball is bad enough but going to the ground and pounding your fist while the ball is still live and the opposing team has not yet been tackled to end the play shows the lack of discipline and awareness. McCloud penalty .... I would have pulled him off the field and sent him to the locker room if he uttered just one word to defend what he just did.
How can we come out each and every game with this type of effort and play from behind.

You said it Chicoman, coaches whose teams or areas that regress deserve to be held accountable, Klemm will be leaving on his own, Canada does not deserve a 2nd year, screw patience, they are historically bad on offense. Tomlin should go too, but we all know that wont happen. If Klemm or Canada return the Rooneys are choosing pride and stubborn unwillingness to admit they made a mistake over winning

Last edited:
That statistic they mentioned today was mind-boggling: First time since 19-*******-40 that the Steelers have gone 5 games in a row without scoring a first half touchdown. And that period includes 5 teams which won 2 games or less.

Pretty much says it all.

Except for another big FU to Tomlin for keeping the starters in on offense down 36-3 after KC had already put backups in the game. Then he's calling timeouts on defense down by 26 with under 3 minutes left. This cretin hit the ******* lottery when the Steelers hired him to take Cowher's place, and he's been laughing his way to the bank ever since.

Someone asked Tomlin at his presser if Green's benching had anything to do with his play more so than the ankle, he wouldn't answer.

That statistic they mentioned today was mind-boggling: First time since 19-*******-40 that the Steelers have gone 5 games in a row without scoring a first half touchdown. And that period includes 5 teams which won 2 games or less.

Pretty much says it all.

Except for another big FU to Tomlin for keeping the starters in on offense down 36-3 after KC had already put backups in the game. Then he's calling timeouts on defense down by 26 with under 3 minutes left. This cretin hit the ******* lottery when the Steelers hired him to take Cowher's place, and he's been laughing his way to the bank ever since.
Yes! He doesn't call timeouts last week at the end of the first half when it really matters, but this week he calls timeouts during absolute garbage time. He's flat out stupid. I'd fire him tonight.

If Tomlin is serious about staying on as HC and wants to change the Steelers culture, McCloud should be at a minimum not dressed the last 2 games and if he doesn't handle that we'll released. He's the type of player that needs to be made an example of. He's a mediocre at best kick returner and will never be a big part of our offense.

I'm not holding my breath. Accountability is a four letter word.
I think McLeod makes a few judgement errors on bringing it out. But he flies and has good vision. How about Scarecrow lowers his neck gator and speaks to someone like a man before he makes an example of someone. And I can come up with four or five guys I'd make an example of long before Ray Ray including the OC.

Pretty much no question about this one....The Biggest **** SHOW of the season for our Steelers. I think this loss pretty much put the nails in the coffin for our playoff hopes for 2021 although they aren't mathmatically elminated, this loss pretty much shows us the warts this team has and there are many of them. I'm pretty much at a loss for words after this game but everything from the piss poor O-line play to the sloppy tackling from our Defense. I think it's a coaching issue. I know some people will always defend Mike Tomlin as one of the All-Time great coaches in the NFL but how can you keep defending the guy? I know no losing seasons the worst he's been in 8-8. IMO 8-8 is a losing season, when you don't make the playoffs it's a losing season IMO. I get that players play the game, not coaches but when it comes to Mike Tomlin this guy has won 3 playoff games in 11 years with his teams he puts on the field. Several of Tomlin's teams have been loaded with talent especially from 2014 - 2017. Tomlin's head should be on the chopping block as Head Coach, I can't remember a NFL Head Coach who has under achieved more with as talented as a roster as some of Mike Tomlin's teams. I also think the time has come for Keith Butler (is he even our real Defensive Coordinator?) to go and I can't see any reason to keep Matt Canada as the Steelers OC regardless if Ben retires or not. Defensively this defense has worn down over the past half of the season and perhaps that is because the Steelers have been losing the Time of Possession battle especially in the first half of most games. I'll enjoy these last 2 games......as next week vs Cleveland could be Ben's last Home Game as a Steeler. He certainly deserves better than what the Steelers have given him this season when it comes to a supporting cast. I'm pulling for you Ben.....I hope you go out a winner! Thanks for all the great games!

Per Tomlin's Post Game Presser:
TJ Watt - Has cracked ribs, was able to go back in
Trai Turner - Knee Injury
Kendrick Green - Calf Injury

Game Balls - Corliss Waitman - 2 punts 60.5 yd average. I'm not a heartless person and feel bad Pressley Harvin lost his father but if Harvin still has a job after this week the business that is Steelers football is seriously flawed!

Game Goats:
Kendrick Green - This guy should never see the field as the Steelers starting Center ever again! He's ******* ATTROCIOUS! Put him at guard and if he can't cut it, cut his *** off this team!
Trai Turner - Why is this bum even on this roster. Another guy who is absolutely terrible! He along with Green are the 2 worst O-linemen we have.

FU's:
FU Mike Tomlin - Cmon man you've got 3 playoff wins in the last 11 seasons....at what point in this guy going to start being held responsible for the team's preperation and performance?
FU Adrian Klemm - How pathetic is it that our O-line looks just as bad now as they did in week 1 with no signs of improvement? Adriam Klemm FU!

You assigned game balls. None are deserved. Well ok the punter showed how ******* stupid we were to draft...a...punter.

Therefore I discount this post :)

There isn't anyone wearing Black and Gold after today and the last 5 weeks that should be proud of jack ****.

I think McLeod makes a few judgement errors on bringing it out. But he flies and has good vision. How about Scarecrow lowers his neck gator and speaks to someone like a man before he makes an example of someone. And I can come up with four or five guys I'd make an example of long before Ray Ray including the OC.
There are definitely worse players on the field than McLeod. Just saying that that someone needs to be made an example of to show the players the current culture is unacceptable. He just happened to be the guy that screwed up.

That's because he wasn't around long enough for the "Steelers Way" to stink in, I mean, sink in .
When I think of the "Steelers Way" I think of veterans training younger players to take their spots and the guys on the team playing for each other. Basically, just hit the play button on Troy Polamalu's Hall of Fame speech and that is what it meant to play for the Steelers.

At one point I was an assistant for a high school group and helped rebuild a positional group into a pretty good unit and established this type of atmosphere. Over the years, the head coach lowered their standards and as much as a I tried, the same desire for my group to work hard faded because everyone else around them didn't have to put in the same work. I feel like that's where the Steelers are now. There are a few guys on this team who fit into the "Steelers Way" but that culture the team used to have was lost and it is lost from the top down. Whether you like Tomlin or not, he is responsible for establishing a winning culture and instead we see a culture of selfishness and guys not doing their jobs.

Pretty sure Green strained his vag at the end of the game when Ben got stripped. Done...done, done with him.

A mod....named SoOpid...said something epic earlier today in a text thread that I thought was...perfect.

"Would it be more efficient if, hear me out and consider all the possibilities, after the snap, Kendrick Green just turned around and tackled Ben?"

We could have had Creed. We drafted this steaming pile of feces.

The rot permeates the organization.

Aren't you talking about Ray-Ray McCloud?

I'm lost. Ya'll got me looking up any Steelers player named McLeod. Made my head hurt.

Canada should be gone tomorrow. Don’t even wait till the end of the season. Why the hell are we trying to force the ball to McCloud? Heaven help us.

Yep. And FU's to everyone.

My friend and his son support Tomlin. (Long story). They listen to me ***** about him endlessly and don't say much. But there has been a lot of anti Ben from him. They bitched when Ben fumbled. I had a hard time constraining myself and openly laughed. The defender was on him before he finished carrying out the fake. He literally just ran straight through the A gap untouched.