• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats, & FU's.......................@ Ratbirds!

Chicoman

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I'm emotionally exhausted after this one! What a great final game to end the season but it's not over yet and I hope your as happy about that as I am! For anyone who wondered why the Ravens vs Steelers rivalry is one of the NFL's best it was evident today...both teams were hammering their opponents today throwing their bodies around....it was a hard hitting game all around and you saw players getting injured often during the game. I gotta give Najee Harris credit for coming off the bench as he basically played the rest of the game with one arm and contributed in a big way on the winning drive in OT with a great one handed reception to start the drive and then a nice 15 yd run to finish the drive and bring on Boswell for the Game Winning FG. Also credit to Big Ben....it wasn't pretty at times but he made the throws when it mattered and got the Win for his team. That 4th & 8 conversion to Ray Ray wasn't pretty but it was vintage Ben. What a career for Big Ben Roethlisberger.....I couldn't be more happy for the guy. Congratulations to TJ Watt for tying Strahan's sack record....next year he's going to break it! I gotta say Defensively this team's ILB group is one of the worst I've ever seen since I started watching Steelers football in the early 70's. Devin Bush, Joe Schoebert & Robert Spillane are really terrible in the middle of this Defense! They really need to address this in the off-season as it is the main reason our run Defense is so terrible! We need ILB's who can hit like a freight train that are FEARLESS! None of these guys can do that. My only real beef with this game was WTF was Pressley Harvin doing the punting for in this game? Corliss Waitman punted for 2 weeks has 2 punts over 60 yds and sure as hell looked far better than Harvin even on his worse day! Harvin had a 29 yd punt today that gave the Rats the ball on the Steelers side of the field leading to the Ravens TD's to give them a 10-3 lead. Harvin had 8 punts for a 37 yd average. We can't have this kid on this roster as our starting Punter.....He's absolutely TERRIBLE! He almost cost us this game today! We need a punter who can flip the field and Harvin is not that guy! So provided the Raiders vs Chargers game tonight doesn't end in a tie game it looks like the Steelers will be heading back to Kansas City for a rematch against the Chiefs! Lets enjoy this one for tonight and focus on next week tomorrow!

Per Tomlin's Post Game Presser -
Leglue - Back Injury being evaluated
Najee - Elbow injury but he was able to return

Game Balls:
Ben Roethlisberger - Another 4th Quarter comeback victory.....how many is that for his career? I think he's 3rd All-Time behind Brady & Elway now.
Najee Harris - He showed toughness today.....made 2 nice plays to start and finish the game winning drive. I really thought he was done for the day. Way to hang tough Najee! You truly are a STEELER!
Ray Ray McCloud - 4 rec for 39 yds - 2 key catches converted a 3rd & 9 for 20yds and the key 4th & 8 on the final drive in OT.....that catch kept Ben's career going one more week! Also did a nice job returning punts today.
Minkah Fitzpatrick - Say what you want about this guy but his pass breakup today on Hollywood Brown on the Rats final drive in Regulation was a game saving play. Because Tucker makes that FG if Brown completes that catch!
TJ Watt - 1 sack today to tie Strahan's single season sack record of 22.5 sacks. Congrats but next year he's going to shatter this record!
Cam Sutton - Great recognition on the throw by Huntley in the endzone to Andrews....he jumped the route and made the INT....taking at least a FG off the board for the Rats
Cameron Heyward - This guy week in, week out leaves it all out on the field. I give him props for pulling Dionte Johnson away from the Ratbird DB on the sideline to prevent Johnson from committing a dumb penalty that could have cost us the game....would have been a 15 yd penalty after converting a 3rd & 9 to the Rats 43 yd line.

Game Goats:
Pressley Harvin - Not even sure why he's in the game! Corliss Waitman is a far superior punter and Harvin is still on the roster why? He was absolutely terrible today! 8 punts 37 yd average including a 29 yd shank that led to the Rats first TD.

FU's:
FU Mike Tomlin - Starting Pressley Harvin over Corliss Waitman.....it almost cost us the game you dumb ***! Harvin can't punt! He can't flip the field for the team. Why are you starting this bum?

Hopefully, we won't see Bush trying to cover anyone next week, especially Kelce. Bush needs the offseason to see if he can even get close to what he was as a rookie and hopefully a whole lot better or he needs to be gone. If we do play KC, Tomlin and Butler better use everything they have to come up with multiple schemes to try and stop them. Start with scheme A and move quickly to B and C if the others aren't working. But, we all know Tomlin doesn't work that way.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm emotionally exhausted after this one! What a great final game to end the season but it's not over yet and I hope your as happy about that as I am! For anyone who wondered why the Ravens vs Steelers rivalry is one of the NFL's best it was evident today...both teams were hammering their opponents today throwing their bodies around....it was a hard hitting game all around and you saw players getting injured often during the game. I gotta give Najee Harris credit for coming off the bench as he basically played the rest of the game with one arm and contributed in a big way on the winning drive in OT with a great one handed reception to start the drive and then a nice 15 yd run to finish the drive and bring on Boswell for the Game Winning FG. Also credit to Big Ben....it wasn't pretty at times but he made the throws when it mattered and got the Win for his team. That 4th & 8 conversion to Ray Ray wasn't pretty but it was vintage Ben. What a career for Big Ben Roethlisberger.....I couldn't be more happy for the guy. Congratulations to TJ Watt for tying Strahan's sack record....next year he's going to break it! I gotta say Defensively this team's ILB group is one of the worst I've ever seen since I started watching Steelers football in the early 70's. Devin Bush, Joe Schoebert & Robert Spillane are really terrible in the middle of this Defense! They really need to address this in the off-season as it is the main reason our run Defense is so terrible! We need ILB's who can hit like a freight train that are FEARLESS! None of these guys can do that. My only real beef with this game was WTF was Pressley Harvin doing the punting for in this game? Corliss Waitman punted for 2 weeks has 2 punts over 60 yds and sure as hell looked far better than Harvin even on his worse day! Harvin had a 29 yd punt today that gave the Rats the ball on the Steelers side of the field leading to the Ravens TD's to give them a 10-3 lead. Harvin had 8 punts for a 37 yd average. We can't have this kid on this roster as our starting Punter.....He's absolutely TERRIBLE! He almost cost us this game today! We need a punter who can flip the field and Harvin is not that guy! So provided the Raiders vs Chargers game tonight doesn't end in a tie game it looks like the Steelers will be heading back to Kansas City for a rematch against the Chiefs! Lets enjoy this one for tonight and focus on next week tomorrow!

Game Balls:
Ben Roethlisberger - Another 4th Quarter comeback victory.....how many is that for his career? I think he's 3rd All-Time behind Brady & Elway now.Tr
Najee Harris - He showed toughness today.....made 2 nice plays to start and finish the game winning drive. I really thought he was done for the day. Way to hang tough Najee! You truly are a STEELER!
Ray Ray McCloud - 4 rec for 39 yds - 2 key catches converted a 3rd & 9 for 20yds and the key 4th & 8 on the final drive in OT.....that catch kept Ben's career going one more week! Also did a nice job returning punts today.
Minkah Fitzpatrick - Say what you want about this guy but his pass breakup today on Hollywood Brown on the Rats final drive in Regulation was a game saving play. Because Tucker makes that FG if Brown completes that catch!
TJ Watt - 1 sack today to tie Strahan's single season sack record of 22.5 sacks. Congrats but next year he's going to shatter this record!
Cam Sutton - Great recognition on the throw by Huntley in the endzone to Andrews....he jumped the route and made the INT....taking at least a FG off the board for the Rats
Cameron Heyward - This guy week in, week out leaves it all out on the field. I give him props for pulling Dionte Johnson away from the Ratbird DB on the sideline to prevent Johnson from committing a dumb penalty that could have cost us the game....would have been a 15 yd penalty after converting a 3rd & 9 to the Rats 43 yd line.

Game Goats:
Pressley Harvin - Not even sure why he's in the game! Corliss Waitman is a far superior punter and Harvin is still on the roster why? He was absolutely terrible today! 8 punts 37 yd average including a 29 yd shank that led to the Rats first TD.

FU's:
FU Mike Tomlin - Starting Pressley Harvin over Corliss Waitman.....it almost cost us the game you dumb ***! Harvin can't punt! He can't flip the field for the team. Why are you starting this bum?
Our ILBs do hit like Thomas the Train and are FARLESS than adequate

Last edited:
Ben for being clutch. Ray Ray coming back and securing that catch. The tight ends for just making some plays.
Sutton for making the key pick from Huntley. The OLine for keeping Ben upright for almost every drop back except for one.

I think they just need to move Harvin to the practice squad and bring in Waitman for the duration of the playoffs. Bring him (Harvin) back to Latrobe next season and make him earn it back.

I think Joe Schoebert and Mickey Spillane are doing ok but Bush is just bad. I realize he’s coming off major knee surgery but how does that explain him taking bad angles, poor tackling, always out of position,not good anticipation. Those are concerning and need to be addressed this off season.
Harvin is another one who blows me away. How do you forget how to punt? You cannot have him next week if we are in playoffs. Got to go with the hot leg in Waitman.

Last edited:

Game Balls:
Ben Roethlisberger - Another 4th Quarter comeback victory.....how many is that for his career? I think he's 3rd All-Time behind Brady & Elway now.
Cam Sutton
- Great recognition on the throw by Huntley in the endzone to Andrews....he jumped the route and made the INT....taking at least a FG off the board for the Rats
Nice summation Chico….a couple hat tips to the Bolded.

Minkah, has been a godsend this year. Especially with the DL injuries keeping him from being the CF ball hawk. He just knows where everyone is supposed to be and makes up for it if they aren’t.

TJ should have the record. That personal foul thrown by Hochili on Cam was total BS. Huntley’s chin strap came off and caused his helmet to slide before Cam even hit him In the shoulder pads. No flag, then TJ gets the sack or half. Hochili is just like his dad, has to be seen for platitudes.

The Captain of the D should be an All-Pro with TJ this year. The big man has balled all year and backed up everything he is said. Should win the Payton Award too, but I’m biased.

Najee has the elbow and came back in but they were saying torn ligaments during the game and that he was probable to come back in. Depending on what an MRI shows, they may not let him play if he does have torn ligaments. We need him. Snell just doesn't have it.

FU's:
Barring injury, Harvin will start because he was the draft pick. Tombert has a long history of regarding it as a bad look when a UDFA is better than a draft pick so they will keep trotting the draftee out there hoping a switch goes off and he gets good, no matter how bad he sucks on a weekly basis. Jason Worilds, Jarvis Jones, Kendrick Greene, and Devin Bush send hugs and kisses.

At this moment everything is perfect. We are going to the playoffs (**** ties), we beat the Ravens to do it, we get another game with Ben, I have a vicious buzz, and about to eat about 2 lbs of tri-tip that I slow-cooked.

Ben didn't play well until the the fourth quarter and OT. Clutch throws twice on 3rd down and trusting McCloud on 4th down after he couldn't make a catch earlier in the drive. It's great that Ben gets another shot at the playoffs, but running this offense against KC, it's sure to be another one-and-out. #1 Canada's offense sucks, and makes me nauseous. #2 Watching Ben try to make Canada's offense work is even more sickening. There is no discernable offensive game plan, no adjustments. Coming out trying to run the ball against the league's worst pass defense. Classic Tomlin/insert current offensive coordinator here.

The defense gave up that long touchdown run, but otherwise played their brains out to keep this game close as the offense squandered one opportunity after the next. Congrats to Watt for tying the sack record; he could have had another 1.5 in this game without questionable scoring and Heyward's penalty. And he was so close to getting to Huntley on three or four other occasions. He's a beast when he's on the field -- but the guy does seem to take an inordinate amount of breaks during game action. Maybe this ongoing conservation of energy is the secret to his success. Certainly can't argue with the results.

Harvin should have been done for the year. The guy's head hasn't been right for most of the season, and burying his dad wasn't going to magically change his performance. In a game that is always tight, field position is huge. Why he was brought back this week after how well Waitman had punted in his absence is beyond me. Inexplicable, really.

Great win, but I can't honestly say that it was fun to watch.

I think Joe Schoebert and Mickey Spillane are doing ok but Bush is just bad. I realize he’s coming off major knee surgery but how does that explain him taking bad angles, poor tackling, always out of poison, not good anticipation. Those are concerning and need to be addressed this off season.
Harvin is another one who blows me away. How do you forget how to punt? You cannot have him next week if we are in playoffs. Got to go with the hot leg in Waitman.
Bush spends more time running in open field with his hands out in front of him tackling air then he does making plays. The guy looks like a drunk looking for a light switch trying to find the bathroom without pissing himself.

Game ball
MTC for watching that game with potentially having rona. You guys are welcome my presence in tuning in graced the team with a win.

Game goats - coaching staff. No words needed. 18 weeks is enough proof how badly coached this team is.

FU - the rona. I feel like backdoor bob’s thoughts. Dirty, achey, hot and chills

Huge colossal FU to CBS, Spectrum and the NFL for cutting away from a game, in overtime, with playoff implications. Are you ******* kidding me, Heidi game anybody?

Bush spends more time running in open field with his hands out in front of him tackling air then he does making plays. The guy looks like a drunk looking for a light switch trying to find the bathroom without pissing himself.
Or he immediately starts playing patty-cake with the first blocker who engages him.

Snells stiff arm and run was awesome, too bad it got wiped out by the facemask.

FU to DJ. He has got to learn to get upfield and to the sticks. He’s left a lot of yards and first downs on the field this season. He’s so close and yet so far away from being one of the leagues premier receivers.

FU to the refs for Heyward’s personal foul and non call of the helmet to helmet on (I think) Ray Ray.

Game Balls:

Game Goats:

FU's:
I was seeing that Ben had his 57th 4th quarter comeback, which broke a tie with Drew Brees and Peyton Manning for second place. Brady has 67.

I want to give a shout-out to our banged-up OL for their play in the 2nd half and overtime. Not necessarily their run blocking block keeping Ben upright. Notably, the drive during OT when Ben actually threw downfield a bit and needed those few extra seconds for guys to get open.