• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's......vs Jaguars

Chicoman

Reaction score
Well nice to see our Steelers take a GIANT **** in week 5 vs a team with the 32nd ranked run D in the NFL! 57 pass plays vs 15 run plays. I just don't understand the game plan today when you are playing a Defense that ranks 32nd in the NFL vs RUN. If you go back and watch early in the game Bell was gashing them with some nice runs. The game was never to the point of abandoning the run until Ben's 2nd pick six that made it a two score game. Very frustrating watching this game because in the back of my mind because this game was lost due to a terrible game plan. Also when we are on Defense I honestly lost count on how many times Bud Dupree & TJ Watt lost contain on the edge. Dupree & Watt were often seen peeking into the backfield and as they did the Jags ran right to their side as they get trapped in the wash and Fournette & Ivory were easily able to run around the edge. I'll give TJ Watt a bit of slack here because he's a rookie but for Dupree there is no NO EXCUSE! To top it off somewhere on that sideline James Harrison sits on the bench I just don't understand why they are letting him ROT....I didn't even see him in on one play this game. Did he even dress? I'm also pretty sick and tired watching Mike Mitchell spout off after making a tackle. That guy has been a complete BUST since coming here.....I think Ryan Clark could still outplay him by a mile. Seeing this RUN D today I wouldn't doubt it if Kareem Hunt breaks an NFL single game record next week vs Steelers!

Game Balls:
Antonio Brown - 10 rec 157 yds the lone bright spot for the whole team!

Game Goats:
Ben Roethlisberger - JFC Ben 5 INT's 2 pick sixes....this is your worst game as a pro.....EVER!!! I can't help but hear Noll in the back of my head saying "If your thinking about retirement....your already retired! Do the Steeler Nation a favor and retire!
Bud Dupree - 0 tackles today! This guy might be worse than Jarvis Jones! I watched him repeatedly get caught looking inside and getting stuck in the wash as they ran to his side. Fundamentally he has terrible technique and I just don't think Bud Dupree is a smart player. He will be the next big BUST at OLB!
Mike Mitchell - This jackass needs to be benched! JJ Wilcox might not be as talented but his effort far exceeds anything Mike Mitchell brings to the table! CUT THIS BUM NOW!!!
Cam Heyward - He's a good pass rusher but terrible vs the run! I'd almost like to see him drop 40 lbs and move to LOLB because we have a need there. He is just not good vs the run!
TJ Watt - Rookie needs to learn how to hold the edge!

FU's:
Mike Tomlin - WTF bro? Playing the 32nd ranked D vs the run and you abandon it after the first half opting instead for the quick passing game....yeah lets toss it 57 times vs 15 running plays vs the worst run D in the NFL! PERFECT GAME PLAN!!! Also WTF is he doing or seeing when it comes to throwing the Challenge Flags today? One an obvious first down and he challenges that and looses and just when you think he can't get any dumber he tosses one on a pass play where AB obviously trapped it against the ground. It couldn't have been anymore obvious! Cmon Tomlin....your moronic coaching challenges caused us two timeouts!
Joey Porter - **** YOU YOU PIECE OF ****! Downplaying Deebo on your part is probably a good reason why this guy sits on the sidelines! I'm wondering if it's a personal thing with J. Peezy. Deebo is light years superior to anything you did here in The Burgh! TURN EM LOOSE YOU ******!!!

Last edited:
Bud is looking more and more like another bust. Neither him or TJ are good enough for James not to get any reps. Inexcusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yeah. Chickillo has three or 4 sacks in the games he has played. Any reason him Debo cant get some snaps. And why is Eli Rogers is benched to DHB and Hunter. Tge special teams thing is kinda bullshit. 3/4 of kicks or more are downed. And 1/10 of punts have significant returns.

I'd like to add a big FU to the NFL TV schedule. Central PA being considered the Baltimore region is a joke. At 1pm the only game played was the Eagles/Cardinals on Fox...CBS showed the epic movie Desperado all because Fox had the double header and Baltimore gets the 4pm CBS slot. That's 3 out of 5 games so far this season that the Steelers haven't been televised in Central PA because of conflicting with Baltimore or Philly. NFL is worried about ratings...SHOW THE DAMN GAMES PEOPLE WANT TO SEE!

With that said...I'm glad today's game wasn't on for me lol

Yes, Bell was gashing them early but it was mostly on the first drive when we came out with the pass to open the run and it worked. When we then went run first, they stopped it.

Why ever line Bell up as a WR? Stupid.

Why have Bryant running most of his plays short and across the middle? He's out speedster supposed to take the top off the D. Targeted 8 times with 5 short catches within 10 yards of the line and 2 overthrows by Ben on the deep balls thrown to him.

Why ever have only 2 DL in the game (in any game for that matter)? Why have 6+ DB's in the game against a power running team that doesn't pass the ball unless it's 3rd and 10+? We had 6 DB's in the game on 3rd and ******* 3!!!!!!!! Holy ****!

This coaching staff sucks. I know nothing will happen but as I said a couple times already, if they **** the bed next week again in KC, a drastic change should happen. I know it won't but it should. I would think the most logical is to finally get rid of Haley. This O has under-performed for years with supposedly tremendous talent. 30+ points a game? They haven't reached 30 in five games and didn't reach 20 in 2 of those.

Perhaps jags are a better team....either way no excuses for Ben...if he's the type of player we all think he is...games like today shouldn't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Steeler Nation mobile app

not sure Ben gives a ****, anymore. but, am not sure our coaches do either.

Oh, well, life goes on

We have the best and deepest offense in the league on paper. No reason they shouldn't be scoring 30+ every week. No way. NO WAY.

We have the best and deepest offense in the league on paper. No reason they shouldn't be scoring 30+ every week. No way. NO WAY.

I've heard this since the beginning of the season. So far they've scored 21, 26, 17, 26, and 9. Haven't cracked 30 yet. Paper is what you wipe yourself with. You have to do it.

Totally agree. Whats going on? Why not play the guy who leads the team in sacks #56. WTF Also, Ben needs to hang it up

Should have stood. [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Totally agree. Whats going on? Why not play the guy who leads the team in sacks #56. WTF Also, Ben needs to hang it up

Oh, #56 did play, and he provided very, very little. As he does most other times he's out there.

Man, are you a jerk. His stats call you a whining liar.

Anyway, the Steeler D will be fine. It's the offense that needs to play reliably.

Man, are you a jerk. His stats call you a whining liar.

Anyway, the Steeler D will be fine. It's the offense that needs to play reliably.

Do you have an issue hearing the truth? What stats tell me that I'm a liar? Please tell me that you use more than the stat sheet as a basis for your opinion. Honestly, his stats aren't all that impressive anyways, so feel free to use the stat sheet. However, don't get all pissy when someone who watches the game calls out your notion that playing Chickillo more would've helped the Steelers this past Sunday. Especially considering that when he did play, he did absolutely nothing but stay engaged with a lineman. Also, lest we forget that he played a whole lot against the Bears, and was a factor in leaving wide open lanes for Howard, and Cohen. By the way, Mrs. Chickillo, I am a fan of your son. I like the underdog, and "try-hard" players. However, I'm not going to let reality cloud my judgement either, and pretend he's something that he's not.