• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Keys to todays game - Steelers Vs Chargers

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Defending the run- not sure they will have a better run defense test than the one they will face today. Benton will have to live up to hype and Queen will need to bring his A game. Controlling their offense begins with stopping the run especially with their QB being hobbled with a high ankle sprain.

Running effectively on offense - Fields, Najee, and Warren will need to run effectively. I include Fields as he is obviously a running QB.

Win the turnover battle- in a game that could very well be nail biting down to the last second hold your breath for the outcome. (You know the Steelers normal) They need to lean on the run and let Fields do what he does best. If Herbert plays he could very well be plant in the pocket. I picked a plant as the metaphor as plants don’t move. So TJ show Mr. Alt who you are if you will please.

- Limit Bosa and Mack. I think the Oline is capable but in this one it might be a good idea to cheat Washington over towards Bosa. I think I read that Broderick Jones’ arm brace is off, he has the talent he needs to step up to the plate.

If fields fumbles even once, I think it will end in a loss. We can't afford a turnover in this game.
Absolutely. That and a pick with Fields trying to do a little too much as this is the game where he might need to leave at crucial moments the "game manager" plan they've been using with him. I hope Najee and Warren read what was said by the Chargers about them not being play makers and go off. We need to have long punishing drives and keep their running game on the bench to help our D as they are going to get a work out today.

Last edited:
Absolutely. That and a pick with Fields trying to do a little too much as this is the game where he might need to leave at crucial moments the "game manager" plan they've been using with him. I hope Najee and Warren read what was said by the Chargers about them not being play makers and go off. We need to have long punishing drives and keep their running game on the bench to help our D is they are going to get a work out today.
That was said by an Ex-Charger but I would have it printed and placed on the Oline and RBs lockers pre game.

But yes be a game manager. Don’t try to put the game on your shoulders. Just stay within the play calling and don’t force throws.

Hopefully our defense will be able to step up and get us about 7 safeties to keep things competitive.
7 huh you are lucky to see 1 in any given game. You have a better chance of going to sleep and waking up troll free. Yeah that long of odds.

If we score more points than the Chargers we should win.
" When the numbers are all zeros on the clock, and your scoreboard numbers add up to a higher total than the total of the other guys numbers then you've won the numbers game...which actually means you've won the football game."-----John Madden

It's hard to be optimistic about the Moore/Jones vs Bosa/Mack matchup.

Probably should not expect much receiving from the backs and TEs today, as they'll likely be doing a lot of blocking in the passing game.

They really need a good game from a WR other than Pickens.

That was said by an Ex-Charger but I would have it printed and placed on the Oline and RBs lockers pre game.

But yes be a game manager. Don’t try to put the game on your shoulders. Just stay within the play calling and don’t force throws.
I agree. If he's going to make a big play with his arm it more than likely has to come when he scrambles and the coverage breaks down. I didn't realize the Najee/Warren quote came from an ex player. I was surprised and wondering when was the last time a player was dumb enough to give the other side BB material and it would have to be back in the 90s IIRC. It's pounded into them to never say anything negative about the enemy.

I agree. If he's going to make a big play with his arm it more than likely has to come when he scrambles and the coverage breaks down. I didn't realize the Najee/Warren quote came from an ex player. I was surprised and wondering when was the last time a player was dumb enough to give the other side BB material and it would have to be back in the 90s IIRC. It's pounded into them to never say anything negative about the enemy.
I guess when they are out of the limelight they think it can’t be used against them. But this would be the game I am using whatever extra motivation I can find. And what better than an ex player questioning your skill set.

I think Najee runs better irritated. Mike get to irritating!

If we score more points than the Chargers we should win.

I see that Great Breakfast of yours, also gave you brain surgeon precision.......................... !!!!

Next thing you know, you'll be eating BEACON more times a day..............................

Salute the nation