• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

More Tomlin and HOT Seat

Wingman

Reaction score
Mike Tomlin on Hot Seat, Could Be First Steelers Head Coach Fired Since 1968
Bleacher Report‎ - 9 hours ago
The Pittsburgh Steelers are the most penalized team in the NFL this season and were defeated by the Cleveland Browns 31-10 in Week 6.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Gta77m5iSry0AEXHQ&sig2=JIWVhxCvCJp1ICa5rhDpyQ

Not a lot of info but there are some rumors running about and some reasons behind them. Almost sounds like the guys have been reading the Steeler Nation and trying to spin material for their story. Still the reasons they talk about could have some basis. If one goes further down the google search for Tomlin and Hot Seat there is a considerable amount of material there to examine if you are that type of person.

He needs to head coach... Tell the defense to put 4 men down and in the words of an ex steeler coach tell them "just rush the qb!!!" We need to start over and start winning the line of scrimmage on both sides of the line... That is the start and end of our stinking its on the line.

Here' something juicy to chew on, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong: if the current pattern holds true to form, the afc north will have all NFC and AFC West teams on their schedules. Imagine it: this coaching staff, these players, and a good 4-6 west coast road trips.

GLOOORRRIOUS!

Here' something juicy to chew on, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong: if the current pattern holds true to form, the afc north will have all NFC and AFC West teams on their schedules. Imagine it: this coaching staff, these players, and a good 4-6 west coast road trips.

GLOOORRRIOUS!

You are correct. We should be at the Seahawks and Rams, home vs the 9ers and Cardinals. Not sure how the AFC side will line up as far as home and away goes.

I saw that Bleacher Report and a few others before noon yesterday, So, some are stirring the pot but probably no substance to what any of them are saying - purely speculation.

The seed doesn't grow if it is never planted..............

Salute the nation

Early Christmas present if the dude was fired.

And his replacement would be "who" - in your mind??? There are NO SOCCER coaches in the NFL...

I'm not sure, but my interview questions would be-

1- You have a min left in the first half, your defense has been doing fairly well, save for a few deep passes, and you have a timeout. They have a 3rd and 8, do you use your timeout?
2- You have a franchise qb, a good receiving core, and two very good running backs behind a decent offensive line. You're averaging 4-5ypc, and moving the ball at will. Is it acceptable to be in the bottom of the league for points scored?
3- Your OC is coaching in the Superbowl, and their star DB goes out, yet you aren't seeing any passes go his way, when you approach your OC you say...........

Now, the correct answers

1- **** yes, I want the ball back and I want to score.
2- No, and if we are, I will sever the current OC's head and place it on a pike outside the stadium.
3- "Hey you ******* douche, either start exploiting the weakness of the defense, or get to work on your resume"

Joe

And his replacement would be "who" - in your mind??? There are NO SOCCER coaches in the NFL...
what does soccer have to do with any of this, don't be pissed because he's sucking. Tomlin is the guy I wanted when it was down to the final 3.
if he's fired mid season then someone will be the interim HC, then after the season we'll search for one. Have you watched this team, whoever is the guy isn't going to do any worse.

Vic Fangio.....I will start the chant for him......

When San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh took over the team back in 2011, the first thing he did was assemble a brilliant group of coaches to surround him.

One of those guys is current 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

Fangio is an established, longtime NFL assistant coach.

Dating back to 1995, he's served as the defensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers, Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans.

But it wasn't until he linked up with the 49ers and Harbaugh that his career really took off.

With an exuberant group of personnel to help run his aggressive 3-4 scheme, the 49ers instantly became one of the top defensive units in the NFL.

what does soccer have to do with any of this, don't be pissed because he's sucking. Tomlin is the guy I wanted when it was down to the final 3.
if he's fired mid season then someone will be the interim HC, then after the season we'll search for one. Have you watched this team, whoever is the guy isn't going to do any worse.

Promote Joey "they shot me in Denver" Porter should be the interim HC. He may equally suck at it for the remainder of the year, but damn would he be fun to watch on the sidelines and listen to in the press conferences.

Trick play?
What is the definition of "trick play"?

Because in his weekly press conference Tomlin called the Brown's play-action roll-out pass to the TE a "trick play".
Said the Brown's got momentum by using "trick plays".

Trick play?
What is the definition of "trick play"?

Because in his weekly press conference Tomlin called the Brown's play-action roll-out pass to the TE a "trick play".
Said the Brown's got momentum by using "trick plays".

I see a sad, sad pattern here for excuses. First game, they were caught off guard with the hurry-up offense from the Browns in the second half and this game, "trick plays"? This team has become very delusional. If you use trick plays the reason why you lost by 3 TDs, then what's your reasoning for scoring a garbage TD and ONE FG against the Browns?

Fire Tomlin and Haley. Ben calls his own plays the rest of the year while LeBeau is interim head coach. LeBeau retires at the end of the year. Off season we then get some fresh coaches with different ideas.

Look, with the way the NFL is slanted toward offense if they ever come to their senses and clean out the coaching staff, I want a young offensive minded head coach with a coordinator to match. The defensive coordinator has to be able to get pressure with four guys, if that means a complete overhaul then so be it. The dink and dunk **** with the spread offenses that dominate the game only struggle when you can get quick pressure without sending a lot of extra bodies. Quarterbacks don't like pressure, or getting hit. We do neither, so teams walk up and down the field on us at will.

I see a sad, sad pattern here for excuses. First game, they were caught off guard with the hurry-up offense from the Browns in the second half and this game, "trick plays"?

I don't understand why we should be surprised at anything Tomlin does or says.

Jesus-*******-****-on-a-stick, he would be shocked if Tom Brady went no huddle and threw quick timing routes, or if the Texans ran Arian Foster on cutbacks, or if the Browns replicated what worked week 1, or if the Eagles ran a hurry-hurry up and took just 22 seconds per play, or if the sun rose in the East, or if the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Imagine it: this coaching staff, these players, and a good 4-6 west coast road trips.

GLOOORRRIOUS!

I prefer not to, thanks....

he would be shocked if the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.

....him and Belushi

Jesus-*******-****-on-a-stick, he would be shocked if Tom Brady went no huddle and threw quick timing routes, or if the Texans ran Arian Foster on cutbacks, or if the Browns replicated what worked week 1, or if the Eagles ran a hurry-hurry up and took just 22 seconds per play, or if the sun rose in the East, or if the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.
Everyone knows it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

Would be nice to see Rooney's see there needs to be a shake up and change the head coach now, what do we really believe our record will be as we look ahead at schedule.

Fire Tomlin and Haley. Ben calls his own plays the rest of the year while LeBeau is interim head coach. LeBeau retires at the end of the year. Off season we then get some fresh coaches with different ideas.

Let's not forget Butler has been paid and promised LeBeau's job. He hasn't passed up other jobs for no reason, he is our D Coord as soon as LeBeau says he is done.

As much as we want to blame Tomlin. He has not been able to coach this team with "his" coaches. Both Lebeau and Haley are Rooney choices. I could imagine most of us would not be happy after winning a Super Bowl that you couldn't choose your coordinator. The defense is in transition as the talent level isn't the same as past years. We are missing 3 starters. In addition, our defensive approach hasn't changed in15 years. We are still employing the same old fire zone blitzes from the Cowher days. We still have players sit and learn instead of learning on the field.

The offense is a mish mash. Are we a running team or are we a passing team. Haley is a turd plain and simple. We have a top 5 RB, top 5 WR a reliable TE yet cannot score in the redzone. We have blazing speed at WR and are running a dink and dunk offense. most of us salivated at the team speed @ WR & RB before the season began.....where is it. Haley will script the 1st 2 drives and doesn't appear prepared the remainder of the game thus Ben has to go no huddle.

The Browns were hurting on the DL and in the secondary but we insisted on pounding the ball without using play action and throwing the ball to back the secondary up. I am pissed more at the offense because we have the talent to score 30pts a game.

Tomlin Not the Only Problem

As much as we want to blame Tomlin. He has not been able to coach this team with "his" coaches. Both Lebeau and Haley are Rooney choices. I could imagine most of us would not be happy after winning a Super Bowl that you couldn't choose your coordinator. The defense is in transition as the talent level isn't the same as past years. We are missing 3 starters. In addition, our defensive approach hasn't changed in15 years. We are still employing the same old fire zone blitzes from the Cowher days. We still have players sit and learn instead of learning on the field.

The offense is a mish mash. Are we a running team or are we a passing team. Haley is a turd plain and simple. We have a top 5 RB, top 5 WR a reliable TE yet cannot score in the redzone. We have blazing speed at WR and are running a dink and dunk offense. most of us salivated at the team speed @ WR & RB before the season began.....where is it. Haley will script the 1st 2 drives and doesn't appear prepared the remainder of the game thus Ben has to go no huddle.

The Browns were hurting on the DL and in the secondary but we insisted on pounding the ball without using play action and throwing the ball to back the secondary up. I am pissed more at the offense because we have the talent to score 30pts a game.