• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike

I care about Nike in absolutely zero ways.

I saw it once. I also saw that Nike sales are up 31 percent. Never cared for their shoes, never fit quite right.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Steeler Nation mobile app

Their pegasus running shoes were one of the few running shoes that gave me amazing support during running.

But now with cross training I've been sold on adidas.

I saw the commercial last night during the Packers game, I think. I know I saw it during one game because I watched three games.

I think it aired during the Steeler game.
Just a commercial to me.

safe_image.php

Nike's online sales surge after Kaepernick ads revealed: report

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...es-surge-after-kaepernick-ads-revealed-report

Not surprising. Soros probably has a warehouse full of Kap jerseys and size 10s, along with 19 pallets of Hillary's book

Mike Rowe
20 hrs ·
"We're Going to Do Something."

You’ve been very quiet about the Kaepernick PR disaster at Nike. Any thoughts? - Sam Wilder

Hi Sam. Nike's free to celebrate whomever they wish, and Kaepernick is entitled to his opinion - kneeling, standing, or lying down. But if I was going to put someone's face on a billboard - someone who epitomized bravery and sacrifice - I might have gone another way, especially this time of year. I might have gone with this guy - Tom Burnett.

Tom's last act on earth was one of the most courageous things imaginable. And his last words to his wife, Deena, are among the most inspiring I've ever heard. Those exact words are at the top of this page, and the bottom. They were spoken seventeen years ago, under conditions I hope to never experience. I'll never forget Tom's last words. I hope you won't either.

Transcript of Tom's Last Calls to Deena

6:27 a.m.( pacific time) First cell phone call from Tom to Deena

Deena: Hello
Tom: Deena
Deena: Tom, are you O.K.?
Tom: No, I’m not. I’m on an airplane that has been hijacked.
Deena: Hijacked?
Tom: Yes, They just knifed a guy.
Deena: A passenger?
Tom: Yes.
Deena: Where are you? Are you in the air?
Tom: Yes, yes, just listen. Our airplane has been hijacked. It’s United Flight 93 from Newark to San Francisco. We are in the air. The hijackers have already knifed a guy, one of them has a gun, they are telling us there is a bomb on board, please call the authorities. He hung up.

6:31 Deena calls 911
6:34 The phone rang in on call waiting, Tom’s second cell phone call.

Deena: Hello
Tom: They’re in the cockpit. The guy they knifed is dead.
Deena: He’s dead?
Tom: Yes. I tried to help him, but I couldn’t get a pulse.
Deena: Tom, they are hijacking planes all up and down the east coast. They are taking them and hitting designated targets. They’ve already hit both towers of the World Trade Center.
Tom: They’re talking about crashing this plane. (a pause) Oh my God. It’s a suicide mission…(he then tells people sitting around him)
Deena: Who are you talking to?
Tom: My seatmate. Do you know which airline is involved?
Deena: No, they don’t know if they’re commercial airlines or not. The newsreporters are speculating cargo planes, private planes and commercial. No one knows.
Tom: How many planes are there?
Deena: They’re not sure, at least three. Maybe more.
Tom: O.K….O.K….Do you know who is involved?
Deena: No.
Tom: We’re turning back toward New York. We’re going back to the World Trade Center. No, wait, we’re turning back the other way. We’re going south.
Deena: What do you see?
Tom: Just a minute, I’m looking. I don’t see anything, we’re over a rural area. It’s just fields. I’ve gotta go.

6:45 a.m. Third cell phone call from Tom to Deena

Tom: Deena
Deena: Tom, you’re O.K. (I thought at this point he had just survived the Pentagon plane crash).
Tom: No, I’m not.
Deena: They just hit the Pentagon.
Tom: (tells people sitting around him “They just hit the Pentagon.”)
Tom: O.K….O.K. What else can you tell me?
Deena: They think five airplanes have been hijacked. One is still on the ground. They believe all of them are commercial planes. I haven’t heard them say which airline, but all of them have originated on the east coast.
Tom: Do you know who is involved?
Deena: No
Tom: What is the probability of their having a bomb on board? I don’t think they have one. I think they’re just telling us that for crowd control.
Deena: A plane can survive a bomb if it’s in the right place.
Tom: Did you call the authorities?
Deena: Yes, they didn’t know anything about your plane.
Tom: They’re talking about crashing this plane into the ground. We have to do something. I’m putting a plan together.
Deena: Who’s helping you?
Tom: Different people. Several people. There’s a group of us. Don’t worry. I’ll call you back.

6:54 a.m. Fourth cell phone call to Tom to Deena

Deena: Tom?
Tom: Hi. Anything new?
Deena: No
Tom: Where are the kids?
Deena: They’re fine. They’re sitting at the table having breakfast. They’re asking to talk to you.
Tom: Tell them I’ll talk to them later.
Deena: I called your parents. They know your plane has been hijacked.
Tom: Oh…you shouldn’t have worried them. How are they doing?
Deena: They’re O.K.. Mary and Martha are with them.
Tom: Good.

(a long quiet pause)

Tom: We’re waiting until we’re over a rural area. We’re going to take back the airplane.
Deena: No! Sit down, be still, be quiet, and don’t draw attention to yourself! (The exact words taught to me by Delta Airlines Flight Attendant Training).
Tom: Deena! If they’re going to crash this plane into the ground, we’re going to have do something!
Deena: What about the authorities?
Tom: We can’t wait for the authorities. I don’t know what they could do anyway.
It’s up to us. I think we can do it.
Deena: What do you want me to do?
Tom: Pray, Deena, just pray.

(after a long pause)

Deena: I love you.
Tom: Don’t worry, we’re going to do something...

In response to the announcement, NAPO President Michael McHale penned a letter to Nike President and CEO Mark Parker condemning the decision.

Below is the letter in its entirety:

Dear Chairman Parker,

On behalf of the more than 241,000 law enforcement officers represented by our Association across the country, I write to you to condemn in the strongest possible terms your selection of Colin Kaepernick for Nike’s “Just Do It” ad campaign. Mr. Kaepernick is known, not as a successful athlete, but as a shallow dilletante seeking to gain notoriety by disrespecting the flag for which so many Americans have fought and died.

The inclusion of Mr. Kaepernick in Nike’s “Just Do It” ad campaign also perpetuates the falsehood that police are racist and aiming to use force against African Americans and persons of color. In reality, officers across the nation risk their lives not only protecting the athletes featured in Nike’s various campaigns, but also serve aspiring athletes across the country who use the Nike brand, through the thousands of Police Athletic Leagues, Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brother/Big Sister programs where our officers donate their time and energy. They deserve to have the respect and full support of corporate citizens like Nike.

Adding to the insult is the image of Mr. Kaepernick from the campaign featuring the quote “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.” The fact that Mr. Kaepernick is no longer a starting NFL player does not equate to him being someone who has “sacrificed everything”. To truly understand what it means to “believe in something” and “sacrifice everything”, you should look to Arlington National Cemetery, or to the National Law Enforcement Officers’ Memorial in Washington, D.C., or to the trauma unit of a military hospital. The brave men and women of every race and color buried there, memorialized there, healing there, believed in this nation and our flag and exemplify the true meaning of “sacrifice”.

In featuring Mr. Kaepernick in the “Just Do It” campaign, Nike grossly insults the men and women who really do make sacrifices for the sake of our nation. We are calling on all our member officers, their families and friends to join in boycotting all Nike products.

Sincerely,

Michael McHale

President

In response to the announcement, NAPO President Michael McHale penned a letter to Nike President and CEO Mark Parker condemning the decision.

Below is the letter in its entirety:

Dear Chairman Parker,

On behalf of the more than 241,000 law enforcement officers represented by our Association across the country, I write to you to condemn in the strongest possible terms your selection of Colin Kaepernick for Nike’s “Just Do It” ad campaign. Mr. Kaepernick is known, not as a successful athlete, but as a shallow dilletante seeking to gain notoriety by disrespecting the flag for which so many Americans have fought and died.

The inclusion of Mr. Kaepernick in Nike’s “Just Do It” ad campaign also perpetuates the falsehood that police are racist and aiming to use force against African Americans and persons of color. In reality, officers across the nation risk their lives not only protecting the athletes featured in Nike’s various campaigns, but also serve aspiring athletes across the country who use the Nike brand, through the thousands of Police Athletic Leagues, Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brother/Big Sister programs where our officers donate their time and energy. They deserve to have the respect and full support of corporate citizens like Nike.

Adding to the insult is the image of Mr. Kaepernick from the campaign featuring the quote “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.” The fact that Mr. Kaepernick is no longer a starting NFL player does not equate to him being someone who has “sacrificed everything”. To truly understand what it means to “believe in something” and “sacrifice everything”, you should look to Arlington National Cemetery, or to the National Law Enforcement Officers’ Memorial in Washington, D.C., or to the trauma unit of a military hospital. The brave men and women of every race and color buried there, memorialized there, healing there, believed in this nation and our flag and exemplify the true meaning of “sacrifice”.

In featuring Mr. Kaepernick in the “Just Do It” campaign, Nike grossly insults the men and women who really do make sacrifices for the sake of our nation. We are calling on all our member officers, their families and friends to join in boycotting all Nike products.

Sincerely,

Michael McHale

President

Nike perpetuating the notion that he sacrificed something...is the thing that bothers me about the whole ad campaign. Nike could have sent a message of taking action and standing up (or kneeling down in this case) for what you believe in and I believe that fits Kap's image. But sacrifice? That's not a word you use lightly and it certainly don't fit that *** hat.

Apparently Nike had the stats to know this would increase sales. It was something like 57% of their sales come from minorities and sales skew more
toward Dem than Repub. They certainly are getting a lot of free publicity.

Apparently Nike had the stats to know this would increase sales. It was something like 57% of their sales come from minorities and sales skew more

Yep... this was a cold calculated move... short term outrage... long term bank for a company thats fallen by the wayside as trendy clothing

Blows my mind how triggered the right* is by a simple, peaceful, silent protest that hurts absolutely nobody.

*- formerly known as conservatives, currently known as Trumpsters

So when do you next go into a shrieking fit because Trump pumped his fists or wrote a nasty tweet?

So when do you next go into a shrieking fit because Trump pumped his fists or wrote a nasty tweet?
In what world are you comparing the over-the-top reactions to a silent, peaceful protest by NFL players to criticizing a deranged & unhinged president? Oh, in the world that you inhabit.

In what world are you comparing the over-the-top reactions to a silent, peaceful protest by NFL players to criticizing a deranged & unhinged president? Oh, in the world that you inhabit.

Ding, ding, ding!!

We have a "simpering, whimpering" winner!! Tibs, pick up your prize at the nearest baby changing table. It'll be in the bin right next to it.

Say what ? First I heard of them protesting Trump. I looked high and low but couldn't find one source for this phony #resist lie.

Oh, in the world that you inhabit...... you say

Colin Kaepernick’s decision to protest, beginning in August of 2016, was rooted in bringing attention to police brutality and the systemic inequality faced by people of color in the United States.
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/31/17614874/nfl-national-anthem-policy-player-protests-reasons-trump

Players making the protests have stressed that they seek to draw attention to police mistreatment of blacks and other minorities
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...ite-league-over-planned-crackdown-report.html

Players are protesting the injustices people of color still face in America today. Eric Reid, who protested with Kaepernick during 2016 (and still is in 2017), wrote an op-ed in The New York Times that explained why they took a knee:

We spoke at length about many of the issues that face our community, including systemic oppression against people of color, police brutality and the criminal justice system. We also discussed how we could use our platform, provided to us by being professional athletes in the N.F.L., to speak for those who are voiceless
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/28/16376500/nfl-protests-2017-kneeling-national-anthem-why

Ya know I couldn't find a single mention of Trump anywhere except for little Tibsy Soros's blatant attempt at more anti-Trump propaganda.

eWi0KnQ.jpg

So basically now Nikes losses have all been negated and they have one of the hottest selling jerseys thanks to this nonsense... like i said... the people ranting and raving about nike were never their target and ultimately irrelevant. This was all intentional... they literally just gamed the outrage culture....

That means that their marketing strategy is to focus on their narrow demographic of current customers and not just forget growing their customer base, but getting them to hate the brand Nike.

Maybe McDonald's can follow that strategy and run ads with the tagline, if you don't eat meat and carbs then you're a retard

BTW, that school Lebron gets credit for is taxpayer funded.

That’s bullshit. They steal their shoes.

Funny story.. when i was younger I worked in a store that used secret shoppers... Id venture that 90% of the shoplifters caught were older ladies... mostly white. Most of the younger kids that got caught were lifting a candy bar on a dare or something small... but those old ladies would rob you blind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Funny story.. when i was younger I worked in a store that used secret shoppers... Id venture that 90% of the shoplifters caught were older ladies... mostly white. Most of the younger kids that got caught were lifting a candy bar on a dare or something small... but those old ladies would rob you blind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

At the baby store I work for, we got hit HARD by a pair of old ladies!! Stole about 500 bucks worth of stuff.....more than once!!!

So it was a pure calculated move by Nike based on their sales demographics, and ******** on everyone else?

If it was, I guess from a business perspective it makes sense to me. I can't tell you the last time I bought a Nike product, but I can tell you it was the last time I will.

But I don't matter, so.......