• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens… I didn’t want to get hurt like Tank Dell

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I can say this much. He’s not anywhere near the player or person young Tank Dell is. I watch Tank every week living in the country of Houston and trust me, he’s a really exciting player who gives 100%. Not like this guy in Pittsburgh!

I can say this much. He’s not anywhere near the player or person young Tank Dell is. I watch Tank every week living in the country of Houston and trust me, he’s a really exciting player who gives 100%. Not like this guy in Pittsburgh!
Pickens has more catches and yards than Dell with 2 bum QBs.
Dell's QB is having a historic rookie season and will be the rookie of the year.

Dell probably does have a better attitude but if you look at the entire picture with QB and the statistics
Saying Dell is better is a reach.

Pickens has more catches and yards than Dell with 2 bum QBs.
Dell's QB is having a historic rookie season and will be the rookie of the year.

Dell probably does have a better attitude but if you look at the entire picture with QB and the statistics
I cannot agree with you there. Tanks not the #1 in Houston like Pickens is suppose to be.
Tank is a complete player! Runs great routes, makes plays, blocks very well, has a great attitude and remember, he’s still a rookie playing with a rookie QB. Stroud is much better than what we’ve been given so far I’ll agree there but if I were given the choice today, I would take a healthy Tank Dell over a healthy George Pickens. Pickens has serious attitude and immature issues.

I cannot agree with you there. Tanks not the #1 in Houston like Pickens is suppose to be.
Tank is a complete player! Runs great routes, makes plays, blocks very well, has a great attitude and remember, he’s still a rookie playing with a rookie QB. Stroud is much better than what we’ve been given so far I’ll agree there but if I were given the choice today, I would take a healthy Tank Dell over a healthy George Pickens. Pickens has serious attitude and immature issues.
I fully agree Tank has been the better locker room guy from my perspective, I just think He would struggle with Pickett and Mitch, as anyone likely would.
Hell, Antonio Brown wouldn't have been Antonio Brown if Pickett was throwing him the ball. No way in hell.
Would also have to think Pickens would be a monster with a QB like Stroud. Stroud looks like the real deal

Pickens has more catches and yards than Dell with 2 bum QBs

Pickens has played 14 games as the starter

Dell was not a starter week 1, but stepped in I believe in week 2 when someone got hurt. He missed week 6 with a concussion (in week 5 he went low to catch a ball and his knee dug into the turf and he flipped over and slammed his head into the turf)

then he was knocked out early in week 13 without a catch, since he thought it was a good idea to run in from his outside position and try to block the safety in the middle of the field on a goal line run play and the DL rolled up on his leg

Pickens has 52 receptions for 814 yards and 3 TDs in 14 games

Dell has 47 receptions for 709 yards with 7 TDs in 10 games

Dell was definitely having a better season

overall Pickens should clearly be the better receiver with his added height but he doesn't play with any heart at all.

Last edited:
See with Pickens he’s all about himself. He’s proven that several times. Johnson catches a game winning TD and Pickens instead of being happy for him sits and pouts on the bench.
If he was in Houston and wasn’t getting his targets but the other receiver was he’d be upset and giving lackluster performances even with CJ as his QB.
That’s just who he is! He’s got million dollar talent and a 10 cent brain.
I’d take Dell giving me 100% over Pickens who gives you 50% any day.

The fact that he was willing to actually admit that out loud shows just how tone deaf he is. Either that, or he truly just doesnt give a toss

Omar I really think he wants out of Pittsburgh, I really do.
Yep. College players are too spoiled now. And worse coddled and paid huge money already… the NFL needs a minor league system badly to circumvent this horseshit. Most of those kids don’t give a rats *** about an education anyway.
Get em into a pro style set with similar talent to play against on a weekly basis

He's a bum, sit him the rest of the season, then get rid of him. That's such a bull **** answer, he didn't even start to block the guy to have the chance to get rolled up on, so basically he's never blocking on a running play to his side.

What a vagina this douchebag is........Doesn't want to get hurt!!!! Phuck this idiot send him packing. I wouldn't let the mf'r play the rest of the year......what a waste

Pickens has played 14 games as the starter

Dell was not a starter week 1, but stepped in I believe in week 2 when someone got hurt. He missed week 6 with a concussion (in week 5 he went low to catch a ball and his knee dug into the turf and he flipped over and slammed his head into the turf)

then he was knocked out early in week 13 without a catch, since he thought it was a good idea to run in from his outside position and try to block the safety in the middle of the field on a goal line run play and the DL rolled up on his leg

Pickens has 52 receptions for 814 yards and 3 TDs in 14 games

Dell has 47 receptions for 709 yards with 7 TDs in 10 games

Dell was definitely having a better season

overall Pickens should clearly be the better receiver with his added height but he doesn't play with any heart at all.
Flip the QB's Pickens has much better production and Dell doesn't produce near those numbers with Pickett.
Unless you think Pickett and Mitch are apples to apples with Stroud?
Not a good comparison

Flip the QB's Pickens has much better production and Dell doesn't produce near those numbers with Pickett.
Not a good comparison
not sure Dell wouldn't be near those numbers if he was a starter from day one like pickens

Dell gets open better than anyone on the Steelers

but yes Stroud > Pickett > Trubisky

Not a good comparison
Or put stroud in our system and he is tge same Bum Pickett has been… Stroud, in a far more QB friendly system, has a HIGHER bad throw% than pickett, but only a 3% higher Accurate throw %…

Put that guy in this offense and he would be absolutely ****** … like every QB, most likely…

I take that last part back.. Mahomes could probably work in any system… he has that Ben quality that few qbs do

Gimme heart over talent any day. Hines Ward or Rocky Bleier without question over Pickens or Spinthenfall/Bell types. You might win the game but you’ll know you’ve been in a fight at end of the day!

Or put stroud in our system and he is tge same Bum Pickett has been… Stroud, in a far more QB friendly system, has a HIGHER bad throw% than pickett, but only a 3% higher Accurate throw %…

Put that guy in this offense and he would be absolutely ****** … like every QB, most likely…
Great point! Bobby Slowik is an offensive innovator plucked from the Kyle Shanahan tree vs Matt Canada who was fired in season at LSU.
Not taking anything away from CJ who has been amazing but having Bobby Slowik as his OC has been a blessing for young CJ.
I can only dream what might have been if Slowik had been our OC.

I think Dell has great potential. But to this point he has been FRAGILE at best. Say it like the lamp in Christmas story.