• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Put your favorite options to replace Canaduh here.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a favorite HC, but if we are just replacing the OC, I would like to be on capability and not familiarity.

Darrell Bevell.

I would like in this scenario to bring in someone in who is capable of developing Kenny.

Per wiki

Darrell Wayne Bevell (born January 6, 1970) is an American football coach who is the passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He previously served as offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings from 2006 to 2010, the Seattle Seahawks from 2011 to 2017, the Detroit Lions in 2019 and for the first 11 games of the 2020 season before being named the interim head coach for the remainder of the Lions season, and the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2021. Bevell played college football for the University of Wisconsin, where he was a four-year starting quarterback.

Tua has developed after a shaky beginning. We obviously don't know if Kenny will develop, but I think Darrell will give him a fighting chance...

I don’t want to turn this into a Tomlin replacement but can I take it a step further and say I’d love to get Ben Johnson as our HC. Two birds, one stone.

Honestly, I’ll take damn near anyone as long as they aren’t forced to run Tomlin’s ridiculous offense.

I’d like someone from the “church” of Kyle Shanahan. His system just works, and we have the players to be successful in that system.

They'll permanently hire Faullivan next season, count on it.
Either him or Eddie Faulkner. Tomlin said he was “really excited” about Faulkner. That pretty much tells me that unless the offense is markedly worse the next 8 games that they likely aren’t going outside the organization.

Faulkner or Sullivan.
Because it would mean that our offense became no longer offensive for the remainder of the season, and the team won division or made the playoffs.

Yes.. I did say won the division ., it is definitely still within reach .

I'd take Leftwich.

Bieniemy woulda been nice, but he either stays at Wash. or gets a HC job someplace finally.

What is Whisenhut up to?

Hell....I'd take Charlie Batch outta the announcers booth and give him a shot. Anything is better than canada.

Hines Ward?

I'd take Leftwich.

Bieniemy woulda been nice, but he either stays at Wash. or gets a HC job someplace finally.

What is Whisenhut up to?

Hell....I'd take Charlie Batch outta the announcers booth and give him a shot. Anything is better than canada.

Hines Ward?
Do you want a slight upgrade or a coach that can possibly develop a QB and have a chance on being a significant upgrade?

I'd take Leftwich.

What is Whisenhut up to?

Hines Ward?
Don’t want Byron after some inside info from my PFF analyst cousin. Batch doesn’t want it as of this summer when he was asked about coaching.

Don’t want Byron after some inside info from my PFF analyst cousin. Batch doesn’t want it as of this summer when he was asked about coaching.
What did the cousin say?

THat based on their information no one should hire him as an OC. He was terrible. Wouldn’t give me specifics. Probably because I give him so much **** about their ratings system. Killer job though he travels all across the country going to NCAA and NFL games doing analysis and interviews of position coaches to refine their grading.

Depends if the FO lets Shades have any input.
1. Lefty as OC and Asst. HC and takes over when Shades’ contract is up after next season.
2. The lovely Mrs. Haley’s husband.
3. Jon Gruden (never gonna happen).

If Shades has any input it will be Faulkner or Sullivan.

I'd take Leftwich.

What is Whisenhut up to?

Hines Ward?
I don’t understand everyone’s hard on for Leftwich. Outside of the year Brady was his QB, the offenses he coordinated were dreadful, not much better than we have now. Here is 2022 with Tampa. I get it he played here and won a SB, but the Steelers aren’t that team. IMG_5662.jpeg

We should have the horses to be a competitive offense. PF, Heyward, and Washington are not bad TEs. Pickens and Johnson are good 1 and 2 WRs and the guys behind should be alright. Our 2 backs are good. The line is an issue, but I think alot of it is mental or communication errors. Too many guys coming through unblocked. We could use some physical upgrades as well, but i think they would be serviceable if mental errors were fixed. I liked Sarge's suggestion of following SF offense. I think our players are our our can be comparable to theirs.

Jim Harbaugh. His time in MI might be over after this year. he is a former NFL QB has an offensive mind set. he is the winning-est coach in U of M history. He also coached the 49rs to a Superbowl.

I don't give two ***** about his crybaby brother or the **** that is going on in MI right now. I want someone that can help this team win. I don't have to like someone for them to be successful I will never personally sit down and talk to any NFL coach let alone break bread with them.

Jim Harbaugh. His time in MI might be over after this year. he is a former NFL QB has an offensive mind set. he is the winning-est coach in U of M history. He also coached the 49rs to a Superbowl.

I don't give two ***** about his crybaby brother or the **** that is going on in MI right now. I want someone that can help this team win. I don't have to like someone for them to be successful I will never personally sit down and talk to any NFL coach let alone break bread with them.
I think you're on to something with this suggestion and I'm buying!!!

Save me a seat on this wagon...