• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Question regarding the parking situation on game days?

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a little help. Coming to town this weekend for the Jags matchup, haven't been since the 2019 OT loss to the Rats. I have been parking outside the Clark Bar specifically Red 7C for years because if your tailgating they offered bathroom access for a 5 dollar donation. Last night I"m looking to make sure that it was still an option and to my amazement not only did I find that the bar isn't open on game days but most of the red area parking is now only available to be purchased on a monthly basis. The information I found online is as clear as mud so I'm hoping someone here is in the know. Is daily parking still available in that area on game day? Do you have to pay for it ahead of time or as I have done in the past just show up and pay? Is the bar really closed on Sundays? I saw a number of websites with pre-paid parking but I'm already within walking distance so I don't have to have a spot. Stub hub or something similar had spaces on their site for $200 which ain't gonna happen. It's my 9 year old nephews first game and I had hoped to give him a true tailgate experience if anyone could help answer any of these questions or have any other ideas I thank you in advance for the help!

I park in Allegheny Center Mall. Costs more than it used to but it’s not a lot father than the Clark Bar. Or park in Station Square and ride the boat. It’s part of the experience.

Thanks Ron. I'm already at Wyndam Grand so I can easily walk from there. I was just trying to figure out what the hell is going on down there. Seems like since they built the garages it has changed the tailgate landscape a bit? I looked into the boat ride because it's something I have never done and it just looks awesome. Just had hoped to get somewhere the kid could throw the football with other kids, grill a couple dogs that type of thing. Guess I'll cram a beer or two in my pockets and get to walking. If that's still allowed? Really appreciate your info!

Thanks Ron. I'm already at Wyndam Grand so I can easily walk from there. I was just trying to figure out what the hell is going on down there. Seems like since they built the garages it has changed the tailgate landscape a bit? I looked into the boat ride because it's something I have never done and it just looks awesome. Just had hoped to get somewhere the kid could throw the football with other kids, grill a couple dogs that type of thing. Guess I'll cram a beer or two in my pockets and get to walking. If that's still allowed? Really appreciate your info!
Cops tend to look the other way as long as you’re not being an idiot. DO go to the Heinz History Center and Sports Museum.

Thanks again. I've been trying to fit the History Center in for a long time and always get caught up with something else. Is that the one near the Strip District?

The tailgates aren't what they us to be as some areas have been shuffled. But **** you can always find a good one regardless. Ones that don't cost much for good eats and drinks...

Thanks again. I've been trying to fit the History Center in for a long time and always get caught up with something else. Is that the one near the Strip District?
Yes.

Justin's Terrible Tailgate has food, beverages for all, lots of open space to chuck a ball, etc. It was a good pit stop for my family last year; not as cool as the one he and CP used to have, or Dom's classic under the ramp, but they have music and guests and stuff too .

There must be a link on the main page/app.