• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rooney Confident in Mike Tomlin

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The most polarizing topic among Steelers fans is usually Coach Mike Tomlin. There are points to be made on both side of the fence when it comes to whether Tomlin should be fired or retained. His regular season record speaks for itself, but his playoff record lately hasn’t done him any favors with fans. Today […]
The post Rooney Confident in Mike Tomlin appeared first on SteelerNation.com.

More...

I enjoyed our early playoff exit Tommy Tom. I look forward to more of yinz brilliance.

But hey we didn't have a losing season, pop the bubbly!

As I posted in The Facebook thread about this: watch how fast that confidence fades after Ben retires and the team struggled for four wins a year under Tomlin.

Great coach but he needs to step away from the D and let his coordinator do his job. Tomlin can't be running the D meetings, etc. That has to stop but will it. So far, it has proven not to work as the D has continued to get worse since LeBeaue left.

As I posted in The Facebook thread about this: watch how fast that confidence fades after Ben retires and the team struggled for four wins a year under Tomlin.

Of course they will struggle as does every team if they don't have a franchise QB. The coaches can do so much but if you don't have a franchise QB, you better truly have the best D in the league to even have a chance to win a lot of games.

Of course they will struggle as does every team if they don't have a franchise QB. The coaches can do so much but if you don't have a franchise QB, you better truly have the best D in the league to even have a chance to win a lot of games.

Exactly the point,..........How has our D stacked up now that Cool Shades is running it?????

Salute the nation

Exactly the point,..........How has our D stacked up now that Cool Shades is running it?????

Salute the nation

Losing Shazier didnt help. Have to have a leader on that side of the ball too. And Shazier was that

The Eagles just won the SB with a backup QB and their defense giving up 500 yards passing and 33 points. I wouldn't say every team struggles without their franchise QB or the best D in the league...you know, because good coaches can actually make a difference despite what some think on here.

Early playoff exits to Tim Tebow and now Blake Bortles. Where is this confidence coming from, Art?

The Eagles just won the SB with a backup QB and their defense giving up 500 yards passing and 33 points. I wouldn't say every team struggles without their franchise QB or the best D in the league...you know, because good coaches can actually make a difference despite what some think on here.

you dont need a franchise QB. You need a QB who doesn't make mistakes. Or, at the very least doesn't make costly mistakes. If you have a Franchise HOF QB that makes costly mistakes, you might not win, either.

in the playoffs, Nick foles threw one interception, it was deep in the pats end, i believe, not on his own end of the field.

I have all the confidence in the world in Coach T. I am confident the Steelers will continue to be an undisciplined, underachieving team with him at the helm.

We will not get to another SB with this guy as head coach.
Too many scratch your head moments in his tenure as head coach.
Coaching from your gut feelings just won’t do it.
Not having your team prepared for its NEXT opponent just won’t do it.
Obsessing over ONE TEAM just won’t do it.
Not able to make adjustments just won’t do it.
Too cocky and arrogant to take responsibility sends the wrong message to your team and it just won’t do it.
Lack of discipline and accountability amoung the team just won’t do it.

And before everyone gets too excited about this 13-3 record look at the near misses where last minute FG’ s pulled out the win.
Tight games against backup QBs.
Two losses to Blake ******* Bortles.

The list is too long to keep going but hay, we’re 13-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Tomless for President!

Art the Deuce "confident" his Football Club will be stellar in the upcoming regular season then sheet the bed in the post?
Fascinating.

We just had 8 years of a guy who talked a good game but couldn't produce.

Art the Deuce "confident" his Football Club will be stellar in the upcoming regular season then sheet the bed in the post?
Fascinating.

If the starters can hang in there another two years until Belicheat and Br*dy retire then the SB is ours.

Early playoff exits to Tim Tebow and now Blake Bortles. Where is this confidence coming from, Art?

In the last 8 years Tomlin has beaten backups McCarron and Matt Moore for two of his 3 playoff wins. Hard to get excited with his ability to beat good QBs in the playoffs.

In the last 8 years Tomlin has beaten backups McCarron and Matt Moore for two of his 3 playoff wins. Hard to get excited with his ability to beat good QBs in the playoffs.

At what point should talent just take over? Tomlin was good enough to ride Cowher's team to a few SB's. Why can't he do the same with this group?

As we should all be. Great coach, glad we have him.

My god Tibs, do you understand football and the NFL...you can go 16-0 every year, but not winning play off games and Super Bowls is a failed season!
The onside kick play call was so bush league and a CHOOSE TO LOSE DECISION, Rooney's should have fired him that night....you play to win the game, his loser mentality is tipping the scales over his "Greatness
Get off the farm you sheep, start being a real fan!

My god Tibs, do you understand football and the NFL...you can go 16-0 every year, but not winning play off games and Super Bowls is a failed season!
The onside kick play call was so bush league and a CHOOSE TO LOSE DECISION, Rooney's should have fired him that night....you play to win the game, his loser mentality is tipping the scales over his "Greatness
Get off the farm you sheep, start being a real fan!

I must be the only person that wasn't upset with the on side kick call. Now I was disappointed in the execution of it. Trying the on side kick gave you two chances of getting the ball back in my opinion. #1: the on side kick itself #2: stopping them one, two, three and punt Now #2 is counting on the ball going the proper distance in #1 of course. I personally would have kicked it deep though, but I'm not going to get upset with the call.