• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rooney Confident in Mike Tomlin

Tomlin will never win a Superbowl? Just watch Tomlin fail after Ben retires?

Man I don't know where you get your crystal balls, but those statements sound equally crazy to me...

a few sb's ?

Again. Tomlin was able to win a SB with Cowher's players. This group on offense should be able to get there on their own. Right?

Again. Tomlin was able to win a SB with Cowher's players. This group on offense should be able to get there on their own. Right?

Lol...cowhers playerz that were 8-8 his last year?

Rooney has confidence in Tomlin. Who'd of thunk it? Does that confidence come with a hands off policy regarding team discipline and consequences? I hope not.

What is he 8-7 in the playoffs now? Not really destroying people. We did take some losses from future hall of famers like Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles so it's really not that bad.

Lol...cowhers playerz that were 8-8 his last year?

hey was lame duck Coaching his last year, he clearly didn't want to be there and was ready to hang them up.

I must be the only person that wasn't upset with the on side kick call. Now I was disappointed in the execution of it. Trying the on side kick gave you two chances of getting the ball back in my opinion. #1: the on side kick itself #2: stopping them one, two, three and punt Now #2 is counting on the ball going the proper distance in #1 of course. I personally would have kicked it deep though, but I'm not going to get upset with the call.

Upset not upset whatever doesn't change it was the wrong call. Kick the ******* ball and they have to run the field instead of having to defend a small area. And you have to know as a Coach that it had a large fail rate. Sorry I go with the higher odds of success. It was a stupid call. If there was no time left, I would have said nothing. But not the case.

you dont need a franchise QB. You need a QB who doesn't make mistakes. Or, at the very least doesn't make costly mistakes. If you have a Franchise HOF QB that makes costly mistakes, you might not win, either.

in the playoffs, Nick foles threw one interception, it was deep in the pats end, i believe, not on his own end of the field.

And it was tipped into the hands of the defender.

a few sb's ?

Cowher (and Tomlin) are 1-1 in SB play (2 games). Umm that would be the correct pluralized use "a few" as descriptive adjective for the noun "game" (plural games).
Just sayin'

Last edited:
Cowher is 1-1 in SB play (2 games). Umm that would be the correct use of the pluralized "a few" as descriptive adjective to describe the noun "game".
Just sayin'

And would have been 2 and 0 if Neil O Dummy wouldn't have gift wrapped Larry Brown a MVP.

Cowher is 1-1 in SB play (2 games). Umm that would be the correct use of the pluralized "a few" as descriptive adjective to describe the noun "game".
Just sayin'

So smart to know the definition yet to stupid to realize he wasn’t taking about cowher sb’s. Just sayin

Upset not upset whatever doesn't change it was the wrong call. Kick the ******* ball and they have to run the field instead of having to defend a small area. And you have to know as a Coach that it had a large fail rate. Sorry I go with the higher odds of success. It was a stupid call. If there was no time left, I would have said nothing. But not the case.

It's painfully obvious the onside kick play was being saved for the AFCCG with NE thereby giving the coaches one more week of preparation. Why else would the OSK execution resemble a drunken backyard Thanksgiving Day pick up game?
Tomlin, "obviously" unable to solve the wretched performance if his Defense and unable to watch anymore, made a "gut" call knowing the Jags like 30 other teams in the League would never do such a thing.

And would have been 2 and 0 if Neil O Dummy wouldn't have gift wrapped Larry Brown a MVP.

Hey now Neil was right on target. To Larry Brown. What an awful let down from winning the AFCCG after waiting all of those years. He sure as hell bolted town fast. And to think it took 10 more years before that "One For The Thumb" became reality.

If I’m Rooney there’s no effin way I give MRS another extension until he at least gets to a SB. He needs a fire lit under his ***.

Well we're stuck with him, but I'm not only un-happy but pretty mad that he's staying. What Ever I'm kind of done with all of this. NFL has to get it's "act" ing together. Get back to real football and not manipulated WWE Style football and stop nit picking BULL $hit.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Of course they will struggle as does every team if they don't have a franchise QB. The coaches can do so much but if you don't have a franchise QB, you better truly have the best D in the league to even have a chance to win a lot of games.
So scoring 42 points is the teams problem? Maybe we need to score 75 if our Defense is going to give up almost 50 in our last game. Yeah Ben's the problem, he just won't play Defense too. At least he doesn't have to kick for Us.

So scoring 42 points is the teams problem? Maybe we need to score 75 if our Defense is going to give up almost 50 in our last game. Yeah Ben's the problem, he just won't play Defense too. At least he doesn't have to kick for Us.

14 of the points the defense gave up can be directly contributed to the QB..not pointing it out to blame just wondering why its ok to gloss over this

14 of the points the defense gave up can be directly contributed to the QB..not pointing it out to blame just wondering why its ok to gloss over this

That still leaves 31 points the D gave up to Blake effing Bortles and some no name WRs who were running wide open all game.

And 2 "turnovers" were directly attributable to Haley calling idiotic 4th and 1 plays. If Haley calls 2 QB sneaks, we score 50 and win the game and all this would be moot.

There are like 5 or 6 things I can think of that if just 1 of them happened or didn't happen we win the game, but we're not even in that position without the 6 TDs directly attributable to Ben.

That still leaves 31 points the D gave up to Blake effing Bortles and some no name WRs who were running wide open all game.

And 2 "turnovers" were directly attributable to Haley calling idiotic 4th and 1 plays. If Haley calls 2 QB sneaks, we score 50 and win the game and all this would be moot.

There are like 5 or 6 things I can think of that if just 1 of them happened or didn't happen we win the game, but we're not even in that position without the 6 TDs directly attributable to Ben.

Huh how were the turnovers on Haley they occured in the first half?? 31 points = bad coaching correct. The eagles gave up more and more yards and all im hearing is good coaching. If Graham doesnt step up and strips Brady is it still goor coaching?

You cant attribute the 42 points by the offense and gloss over the 14 points they also help give away..

And for the record i didnt like either 4th and 1 call or tye onside kick. The whole team offense defense and coaching ****** up that game

Last edited:
The Eagles just won the SB with a backup QB and their defense giving up 500 yards passing and 33 points. I wouldn't say every team struggles without their franchise QB or the best D in the league...you know, because good coaches can actually make a difference despite what some think on here.

Tomlin doesn't utilize the roster properly.
The Steelers players would look great in the black & gol...oh wait

Huh how were the turnovers on Haley they occured in the first half?? 31 points = bad coaching correct. The eagles gave up more and more yards and all im hearing is good coaching. If Graham doesnt step up and strips Brady is it still goor coaching?

You cant attribute the 42 points by the offense and gloss over the 14 points they also help give away..

And for the record i didnt like either 4th and 1 call or tye onside kick. The whole team offense defense and coaching ****** up that game

Turnover on Downs is a Turnover in my book...

Rooney needs his head examined.