• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Visiting with Potential Top 10 Pick – Safety Kyle Hamilton

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers will continue to do their due diligence as we approach the NFL Draft in 25 days. With the Combine, and a lot of Pro Day’s already completed, their next focus will be on their priority visits. Each team gets 30 visits to bring in players to their facilities to meet with the coaching staff and get to know these players as well as they can ahead of potentially selecting them.

The NFL has several rules regarding these visits, and is very strict that teams adhere to these rules while conducting these visits.

“Each team may transport a maximum of 30 draft-eligible players to the team’s home city or another location for a one-day physical examination. These players cannot be timed and tested. Interviews and written tests may be conducted during the visit.”

The only way around the 30 player limit comes to players that are in the teams home market. For instance the Steelers can meet with as many Pitt Panther players as they wish.

“Players who attend college or reside in a club’s “metropolitan area” can be given a physical examination without counting against the 30-player limit, unless the club provides transportation for the visit. Also, a player who attends college or whose hometown is in a club’s “metropolitan area” may be timed and tested at the club’s facility, as long as the club does not provide transportation.”

It was reported today by Aditi Kinkhabwala that the Steelers will be bringing Notre Dame star safety Kyle Hamilton in to town for a visit on April 19th. At one time it was thought that Hamilton would be selected in the top 5, but after running a slow 40 (4.7) at his Pro Day some teams have cooled off on the safety.

Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert was at Notre Dame’s Pro Day on March 25th, but may have not paid as much attention to Hamilton as he would’ve liked because he was thought to be far out of reach for the Steelers. At that moment they could’ve been focusing more attention on running back Kyren Williams as a potential back-up to Najee Harris in the middle rounds.

Steelers Kyle Hamilton

SOUTH BEND, IN – NOVEMBER 23: Kyle Hamilton #14 of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish runs with the ball after intercepting a pass against the Boston College Eagles in the second half at Notre Dame Stadium on November 23, 2019 in South Bend, Indiana. Notre Dame defeated Boston College 40-7. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

Hamilton stands at 6 foot 4, and weighs 220 pounds. He can play all over the defense, he’s not afraid to put a big hit on a receiver across the middle, and he can play down in the box against running backs, too. The only negative about Hamilton is that sometimes his height works against him. Scouting reports claim that sometimes it’s hard for him to get low on ball carriers, and that his fluidity isn’t that great when it comes to changing directions because he’s so long.

This is what NFL.com has to say about him:

High-impact safety with unique blend of traits and characteristics that make him a bit of a unicorn at the position. Hamilton has the eyes and speed to play over the top, the strength and toughness to play near the line, and coverage length to guard elite pass-catching tight ends who often mismatch opposing defenses. It’s rare to find such a ferocious striker and intimidator who has the football intelligence and athletic prowess to go make plays in the passing game, but Hamilton provides it all. He thrives playing downhill or sinking into a robber alignment on the back-end but will have occasional missteps in coverage when in retreat from his pedal. Hamilton has the traits and football character to transition from standout college moments to a standout pro career as a future Pro Bowler with All-Pro potential.

STEELERS VISIT TRACKER​

Quarterback – Chris Oladokun – South Dakota State April 5
Quarterback – Desmond Ridder – Cincinnati April 7
Quarterback – Sam Howell – North Carolina April 8
Quarterback – Carson Strong – Nevada TBD
Quarterback – Matt Corral Mississippi TBD
Cornerback – Marcus Jones Houston TBD
Safety – Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame April 19
Linebacker – Quay Walker Georgia April 20
Quarterback – Malik Willis Liberty April 20​

Steelers Local Visits​

Quarterback Kenny Pickett – Pitt​

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Coming off injury that 40 time doesn't make me nervous. I doubt that type of talent falls to 20.

Coming off injury that 40 time doesn't make me nervous. I doubt that type of talent falls to 20.

If he does, ......................... Willis or Hamilton if both are there.

Now I know the right train of thought but curious as to what you think the STEELERS would actually do ?

Salute the nation

If he does, ......................... Willis or Hamilton if both are there.

Now I know the right train of thought but curious as to what you think the STEELERS would actually do ?

Salute the nation

If both are there? I’m not mad for a change as Steelers sprint full speed to turn in card with Hamilton’s name on it! I’m talking old OJ Simpson Hertz rental car commercial moves to get that card in 🤣

If both are there? I’m not mad for a change as Steelers sprint full speed to turn in card with Hamilton’s name on it! I’m talking old OJ Simpson Hertz rental car commercial moves to get that card in 🤣

Is that what you think the STEELERS will do? You and I both know what we would do but what about the guys actually making the pick ? That was my question.

You're right about the OJ Hertz sprint but even then our current guy is shiftier and all out sprint faster, with out the rep.

Salute the nation

Is that what you think the STEELERS will do? You and I both know what we would do but what about the guys actually making the pick ? That was my question.

You're right about the OJ Hertz sprint but even then our current guy is shiftier and all out sprint faster, with out the rep.

Salute the nation

🤣🤣🤣. I think Willis is Mikey’s top dawg this year.