• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stupid Tomlin quote

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry Mikey, that is not the problem. If we had scored more in the first half, that fumble would have been a non-issue. Maybe put a plan together that exploits the opponent's weaknesses, tricks them into bad defense, and doesn't tell the whole world what the play is just by the formation, or down/distance.

I try to hold my words regarding this guy, but he's done and dead. Move on already.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241007_063536_Steelers.jpg
    Screenshot_20241007_063536_Steelers.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 34
I’m trying not to over react but I’m seeing the same play out every season. They won the first three which had everyone excited but now we’ve sunk back to reality. The current team has huge issues on both sides of the ball. I see no better than 9-8 and missing the playoffs. Idk what Russ is capable of at this point in his career. Maybe he has something left in the tank, we better hope he does.
Justin can make spectacular plays but then he’ll follow that up by some poor plays. Just like Chicago, the guy is just plain inconsistent and I don’t know if that can be fixed.
The defense which was suppose to play lights out and is Tomlin’s strength has played badly the past two weeks.
Bottom line for me, they have some really good players throughout the team, but as a team, they’re just ok, average, mediocre.
Not expecting much the rest of the season.

Smith is a way better coordinator than Canada and you see his creativity in the play calling, but the overall approach and game plan we see in the first half is the same as so many years before: run the ball regardless of the front. Throw short passes. That’s Tomlin and what he is dictating to his coordinator.

Someone in the game day thread who was at the game an could see the whole field said there were a lot of receivers open, maybe it’s time to get Wilson in there and see if that helps. That’s the only hope really- but I’m pretty sure it’s Tomlin again poisoning the offensive well

Someone in the game day thread who was at the game an could see the whole field said there were a lot of receivers open, maybe it’s time to get Wilson in there and see if that helps. That’s the only hope really- but I’m pretty sure it’s Tomlin again poisoning the offensive well
This is a knock on Fields that he has had for a while. He is not known for seeing the whole field.

Sorry Mikey, that is not the problem. If we had scored more in the first half, that fumble would have been a non-issue. Maybe put a plan together that exploits the opponent's weaknesses, tricks them into bad defense, and doesn't tell the whole world what the play is just by the formation, or down/distance.

I try to hold my words regarding this guy, but he's done and dead. Move on already.
Has he ever said he needs to be a better coach? I don’t remember it. Dog Sh@t McCarthy has beaten him in a Superbowl and ripped his heart out at our place. No expectations while Tomlick is here. Sad.

Yes... Mike Tomlin is often hyperfocused on the wrong things... like turnovers... yeah they are great, but they arent everything... Dallas had 3 and won last night...

Has he ever said he needs to be a better coach? I don’t remember it. Dog Sh@t McCarthy has beaten him in a Superbowl and ripped his heart out at our place. No expectations while Tomlick is here. Sad.

Im gonna slightly defend Tomlin here.. Tomlin's gameplan wasnt horrendous last night.... guys were open on O and dropped the ball or there were bad throws...

The breakdowns on d were execution problems over scheme...

I dont think this game had a lot of coaching blunders... more just the players were, for tge second week in a row, mind you, unfocused

I was 17 the last time I drank that stuff. I got really, really sick from it.

We used it to play the Quarter game (bounce a Qaurter of table and into your shot glass). I was really good at it and yes….. many a people puked purple.

Salute the nation

We used it to play the Quarter game (bounce a Qaurter of table and into your shot glass). I was really good at it and yes….. many a people puked purple.

Salute the nation

We used to watch Rocky marathons with bottles of it and drink when various things happened... but chug through all training montages

We are lucky nobody died... 20/20 is not for human consumption

Salute the nation

We bought Mad Dog 20/20 ,Wild Irish Rose and Boones Farm and drank them all one night.

I never drank that **** again. I prayed for death. A god awful smell comes through your pores sweating that trash out. I'm tweaking just thinking about it.

We bought Mad Dog 20/20 ,Wild Irish Rose and Boones Farm and drank them all one night.

I never drank that **** again. I prayed for death. A god awful smell comes through your pores sweating that trash out. I'm tweaking just thinking about it.

Tweaking or is it TWERKING, you may still have the shivers and not thinking straight.

How about Annie Green Springs "Peach Creek"....... little smoother, but don't switch is up once yaz started it..........

Salute the nation

I’m trying not to over react but I’m seeing the same play out every season. They won the first three which had everyone excited but now we’ve sunk back to reality. The current team has huge issues on both sides of the ball. I see no better than 9-8 and missing the playoffs. Idk what Russ is capable of at this point in his career. Maybe he has something left in the tank, we better hope he does.
Justin can make spectacular plays but then he’ll follow that up by some poor plays. Just like Chicago, the guy is just plain inconsistent and I don’t know if that can be fixed.
The defense which was suppose to play lights out and is Tomlin’s strength has played badly the past two weeks.
Bottom line for me, they have some really good players throughout the team, but as a team, they’re just ok, average, mediocre.
Not expecting much the rest of the season.
Expect the same thing I expect every day I wake up and it’s still Ground Hog’s Day

Another Tomlinship

9-8 or 10-7 and 0-1 if they get lucky

Happy Ground Hog’s Day!!!

Salute the nation
My college roommate painted the entire bathroom with it.

First time I ever got drunk was on MD. My aunt put it into a bladder buster Sheetz cup with the straw. Her and I made a liquor run and I was sipping it during the 30min ride up town. I got out of her truck and instantly started walking sideways. I asked her why the parking lot was so slanted? She made me get back into the truck. I kept sipping on it. She refilled it for me for the trip back and when we got back to the party (Cousins 10th birthday party with all of the family there), she had to have help sneaking me past my parents to get into the house. I ended up puking my guts out and wanted to die the next morning. I've never touched that **** again. :)