• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Syria Chemical Attack

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how Trump handles this. One thing i find odd is russia says an airstrike hit a plant and people were transporting stuff from IRAQ. I thought iraq duct have / make chemical weapons

Will be interesting to see how Trump handles this. One thing i find odd is russia says an airstrike hit a plant and people were transporting stuff from IRAQ. I thought iraq duct have / make chemical weapons

Russia ethics in war are brutal. They will bomb a site, wait and hit it again when the first responders arrive, to discourage them from doing so.

But Chemical and Bio attacks are banned. Obama did nothing when this happened.

Nikki Haley ripped Russia a new one in front of the whole UN.

Trump condemns Syria attack but won't telegraph US response

WASHINGTON (AP) — His expression grave and his words emphatic, President Donald Trump declared on Wednesday the deadly chemical attack in Syria had crossed "many, many lines" and abruptly changed his views of Syrian President Bashar Assad. But he refused to say what the U.S. might do in response.

Trump issued no ultimatums in comments that were being scoured by world leaders for signs of how the new president would react to a global crisis. In a rare reversal of roles, Trump was more reserved than many of his top advisers — including his U.N. envoy, who revived the hard-hitting rhetoric of Trump's political campaign and strongly hinted some U.S. action was coming.

Trump himself was noncommittal.

"I'm not saying I'm doing anything one way or another, but I'm certainly not going to be telling you," he told reporters.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ba48...rade-claims-about-who-used-chem-weapons-syria

---------------

Perfect

This is pretty much a no win for Trump. If he uses military action people will blast him for what he said during the campaign. If he does nothing he will be blasted by humanitarians and other countries.

Remember Obama "negotiated" with Russia in 2013 to remove all chemical weapons from Syria. That was supposedly one of his "wins"....

And yet liberals are telling me I'm supposed to trust Russia and Iran to keep with the Iranian Nuclear deal.... yeah, right.

This is pretty much a no win for Trump. If he uses military action people will blast him for what he said during the campaign. If he does nothing he will be blasted by humanitarians and other countries.

Yep. Although those other countries COULD take action on their own....JS.

Remember Obama "negotiated" with Russia in 2013 to remove all chemical weapons from Syria. That was supposedly one of his "wins"....

And yet liberals are telling me I'm supposed to trust Russia and Iran to keep with the Iranian Nuclear deal.... yeah, right.

Obama should have had Hillary tell them to "think very carefully".

Has Trump even mentioned Russia in all of this? Can't imagine why he wouldn't?

I understand what you mean. HOWEVER, if he goes with a less heavy handed approach and uses a "coalition" ala George HW Bush. Then i think he can come out a winner. Taking action, but as a consensus with other nations. Who would beg off helping remove chemical weapons?

Im still not sold on how it happend or by whom.

Yes I remember that.

I also remember reading an article right beforehand the first incident that said the rebellion would be crushed by Assad by Christmas of that year because of the Syrian Air Force turning the tide and allowing the governments troops to constantly advance and destroy the rebel forces. But the rebels used chemical weapons on an area that the government controlled. That gave the Obama regime the impetus to destroy the Syrian Air Force and arm the "moderate Muslim rebels" that spawned ISIS.

This time just like last time the Syrian government had no reason to use chemical weapons and did not, but our government looks for an excuse to continue perpetual war.

Yes I remember that.

I also remember reading an article right beforehand the first incident that said the rebellion would be crushed by Assad by Christmas of that year because of the Syrian Air Force turning the tide and allowing the governments troops to constantly advance and destroy the rebel forces. But the rebels used chemical weapons on an area that the government controlled. That gave the Obama regime the impetus to destroy the Syrian Air Force and arm the "moderate Muslim rebels" that spawned ISIS.

This time just like last time the Syrian government had no reason to use chemical weapons and did not, but our government looks for an excuse to continue perpetual war.

But wait a minute!!

This new US government is way, way different than the last US government. Trump will not carry out that Obama policy.

Remember the last US regime shift??? The previous new US President won the Nobel Peace Prize and then closed Gitmo, left Afghanistan and got out of Iraq, and caused peace throughout the Arab world.

It was nothing like that warmongering ******* Boooosshhhh before him. Completely different foreign policy, troop deployments, etc.

Very, very different.

Like this new super- tough US President will again make it way, way different.

Like each successive US President has done going all the way back to Charlie Wilson's War.

You could look it up.

So what is the solution? Play bombs away and get russia involved? Any bombs will more than likely take out some Russian troops / aircraft.

I am not in favor of arming syrians anymore. Weapons will get in the wrong hands.

I think coalition strikes will happen, but with russia involved could start WWIII.

I think we will bomb and russia will retaliate in some way and it will get ugly

Building an international coalition, condemning Assad, and forcing him to step aside is the optimal solution.

Building an international coalition, condemning Assad, and forcing him to step aside is the optimal solution.

No it isn't.

Assad continuing in power and keeping the the country on an even keel after it has been stabilized is. Arabs are an incredibly tribal culture and these tribes war and feud all the time. Arab countries need a strongman/king/dictator to keep that in check.Otherwise the countries fall into chaos and internecine war.

Here we go launched cruise missiles

I know this is wrong of me to think this way, but we should be more worried about what is happening In our own country

50 Tomahawks. Took out an airbase it seems. Time to sit back and watch ... let Assad think on it for awhile.

No it isn't.

Assad continuing in power and keeping the the country on an even keel after it has been stabilized is. Arabs are an incredibly tribal culture and these tribes war and feud all the time. Arab countries need a strongman/king/dictator to keep that in check.Otherwise the countries fall into chaos and internecine war.

True. Libya and Iraq didn't work out so well after we took out Khaddafi and (the other) Hussein.

Hard to help countries socially stuck in the 7th century. I thank my lucky stars I was never born into one of them.

Hard to help countries socially stuck in the 7th century. I thank my lucky stars I was never born into one of them.

I get what you are saying, but if you were born into it, you wouldn't know anything else. It would seem, in some way I suppose, normal.

True. Libya and Iraq didn't work out so well after we took out Khaddafi and (the other) Hussein.

The only two countries that ever publicly announced intentions to trade oil in non-USD terms.

Both US allies, then both not US allies. Then US allies again, then not US allies.

Both dead bodies humiliated publicly.

Great foreign policing.

50 Tomahawks. Took out an airbase it seems. Time to sit back and watch ... let Assad think on it for awhile.

It is about time someone used the stick!

Syrian survivor to Trump: Thank you

Kassem Eid, who survived a 2013 chemical gas attack in Syria, expresses his gratitude to President Trump for his missile strike of a Syrian airbase.

He shut that ***** down!

**** you CNN!

He smacked libs and Hillary and Obama in the face too!!!