• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This Offense is Offensive

Mikey_Vortex

Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching the Steelers for over 40 years now and I can honestly say today's offensive performance could very well possibly be the worst offensive showing I have ever seen. Gaining zero yards when starting at mid-field on a drive you need to score points on is mind boggling. If they gain a single first down we could kick a FG from there and possibly win. There's no sense of urgency on this offense. Last year Pickett was amazing during last 10 mins of a game. You could see the urgency and how hard he wanted to win. I dont see that in anyone this year. Reminds me when Ray Sherman was our OC and you could tell Ben just didn't enjoy playing the game with him as our OC yet they kept him for a little while but things got worse and finally he was out. When your offense is this bad one person is responsible. Please please fire the OC! I can't stand to watch anything like that again. ZERO YARDS! Ugh.

Roethlisberger was amazing in last 10 min. The few wins Trubisky has were in dying minutes. The offense design is laughable. It does not work and it will be more of the same.

The running game is respectable and Warren is a ******* stud. He should get the bulk of the carries. Najee moves like a ******* snail.

Things better than the Steelers offense:
  • Tax audits
  • An urgent call from your doctor after an exam
  • Stepping on Legos in bare feet
  • A blind date where you are assured she has a "great personality" and "sense of humor

Any OC would be jizzing in his pants at the thought of having DJ, GP, Muuth, Najee, and Warren on their O yet Canaduh can do nothing with them when he had Ben, Trubisky, and now KP at QB. Yes, I know some of them weren't here for Ben but they had other talent. Canaduh must go before we waste the rest of TJ's career and lose GP in a couple when he is a FA.

Any OC would be jizzing in his pants at the thought of having DJ, GP, Muuth, Najee, and Warren on their O yet Canaduh can do nothing with them when he had Ben, Trubisky, and now KP at QB. Yes, I know some of them weren't here for Ben but they had other talent. Canaduh must go before we waste the rest of TJ's career and lose GP in a couple when he is a FA.
They might be excited, until the realize that they will be required to implement Tomlin’s philosophy. Why would you want to take a job where you are set up to fail?

The offense makes zero sense what was the game plan. Cleveland came out fired up both sides of ball. This game was important to both teams and we acted as if no big deal and played that way. This OC game calling was what. If not for Warren 70 yard TD what did they do. We have all these supposably weapons and we have no idea if on the field. Mc Farland never used, TE used twice. Need a drive and you gain zero yards and no time off clock. Does Roone really care.

Things better than the Steelers offense:
  • Tax audits
  • An urgent call from your doctor after an exam
  • Stepping on Legos in bare feet
  • A blind date where you are assured she has a "great personality" and "sense of humor

It should be used as a CIA torture device … its like a Root canal for your eyes

I've given up hope waiting for any week to be Pickett's breakout game. Not only is it not happening, but he's playing arguably the worst football of his career. You don't even see Canada designing plays to help build that confidence. It's always to the sidelines and under five yards.

I've given up hope waiting for any week to be Pickett's breakout game. Not only is it not happening, but he's playing arguably the worst football of his career. You don't even see Canada designing plays to help build that confidence. It's always to the sidelines and under five yards.
I would be shocked if this team makes the playoffs they are bad. We need a HC that is going to give this team a chance to win in the postseason.

The Browns started a rookie whom g
Had thrown 3 picks in his first game… and many if not most of their passes were over the middle

I would be shocked if this team makes the playoffs they are bad. We need a HC that is going to give this team a chance to win in the postseason.
Including this week, the Steelers should've had the edge in games for six straight weeks. I didn't expect a 6-0 record, but this is one they HAD to win against a late-round rookie QB. Is there any confidence this team can win these games? Since his rib injury. Pickett has thrown for 160, 126, and 106 yards with 1 touchdown.

well 1998 with Ray Sherman as our OC was really bad but our Offense didn't have the talent on the roster that they have now. It's some of the worst I've seen in my 50+ years as a fan watching Steelers football. Very frustrating indeed...but it's all gotta start with replacing Matt Canada so we can properly evaluate Kenny Pickett then we can go from there.

Including this week, the Steelers should've had the edge in games for six straight weeks. I didn't expect a 6-0 record, but this is one they HAD to win against a late-round rookie QB. Is there any confidence this team can win these games? Since his rib injury. Pickett has thrown for 160, 126, and 106 yards with 1 touchdown.
Just not good enough. Whatever the reason not good enough.

well 1998 with Ray Sherman as our OC was really bad but our Offense didn't have the talent on the roster that they have now. It's some of the worst I've seen in my 50+ years as a fan watching Steelers football. Very frustrating indeed...but it's all gotta start with replacing Matt Canada so we can properly evaluate Kenny Pickett then we can go from there.
Most teams watching their first-round QB investment regressing in their second season wouldn't even hesitate to make a move. Instead, Tomlin basically endorses this style of offense.

Even when they win it's hard to watch this team. How much clearer does it fukin have to be, fire Canada, or Mikey should leave as well.

Most teams watching their first-round QB investment regressing in their second season wouldn't even hesitate to make a move. Instead, Tomlin basically endorses this style of offense.
It's hard to evalaute Pickett in this offense. I mean no throws over the middle of the field. I don't even see routes being run over the middle of the field so this is more of a Matt Canada thing than Pickett IMO. Not giving Pickett the ability to audible at the line of scrimmage is how you handcuff a QB. Kenny is a smart QB but I can't help that think this is a Matt Canada problem. When they get a new OC you can then properly evalaute Pickett but not until them. I mean look at 2021 matt Canada's first year.....the only time the Steelers Offense looked good was when Ben was in the No Huddle calling his own plays or inside 2 minutes with Ben calling his own plays. Canada took away a 18 year veteran QB's ability to audible. That's just not somethine you do to a Hall of Fame QB!

It's hard to evalaute Pickett in this offense. I mean no throws over the middle of the field. I don't even see routes being run over the middle of the field so this is more of a Matt Canada thing than Pickett IMO. Not giving Pickett the ability to audible at the line of scrimmage is how you handcuff a QB. Kenny is a smart QB but I can't help that think this is a Matt Canada problem. When they get a new OC you can then properly evaluate Pickett but not until them. I mean look at 2021 matt Canada's first year.....the only time the Steelers Offense looked good was when Ben was in the No Huddle calling his own plays or inside 2 minutes with Ben calling his own plays. Canada took away a 18 year veteran QB's ability to audible. That's just not somethine you do to a Hall of Fame QB!
53 percent completion percentage today for Kenny. He won't get my support in games like that. I am not evaluating him long term

But for now not good enough. Not by far.

It's hard to evalaute Pickett in this offense. I mean no throws over the middle of the field. I don't even see routes being run over the middle of the field so this is more of a Matt Canada thing than Pickett IMO. Not giving Pickett the ability to audible at the line of scrimmage is how you handcuff a QB. Kenny is a smart QB but I can't help that think this is a Matt Canada problem. When they get a new OC you can then properly evalaute Pickett but not until them. I mean look at 2021 matt Canada's first year.....the only time the Steelers Offense looked good was when Ben was in the No Huddle calling his own plays or inside 2 minutes with Ben calling his own plays. Canada took away a 18 year veteran QB's ability to audible. That's just not somethine you do to a Hall of Fame QB!
I just posted one from Chris Carter. I think we need to get away from saying Pickett can't be evaluated because he misses throws that are right in front of him on a weekly basis. I mean, Tommy DeVito, who still lives with his parents, has back-to-back weeks with more than 1 TD thrown. In fact, he has 6 touchdown passes in four games played. Pickett has 6 in 10 games.

The Oline did not play well either. The one play one of our lineman stood up before the snap and just stood there. They are like the keystone cops. The one screen pass to warren, cole was out in front and blocked air. Pickett and the WRs are not on the same page a lot. Pickett threw 2 passes to nowhere, both seemingky for DJ. Not sure if that is on the WR or QB. Seems to happen at least once a game though. The offense just has 0 flow or coordination