• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump vs DeSantis

NCSteelerfan

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted by anyone - Trump seems to be on the attack.

It would appear that DeSantis is the Uniparty candidate however.

Or they are trying to start a fight between the two by making it look like that. I have a hard time believing that DeSantis - who started the Freedom Caucus to go against the RINO leadership in the house, and has been a fighter in FL. is the Uniparty candidate.

I don’t know much about DeSantis, but I voted for Trump twice. I can’t imagine doing it again.

I'm thinking - there is a run-off going to happen for the GA senate seat with a candidate Trump endorsed, and he is concerned with "checks notes" making sure everyone knows how awesome he is and how he made Ron DeSantis. Surely he should be spending his time, and the money he raised, to back the candidate he endorsed for the senate so they can get the seat back that he helped them lose in 2020.

Nope, his ego won't let him. Which is why he is going to go on with his announcement of running for 2024 next week instead. America first indeed.

I honestly want to know from folks what exactly makes Trump anti-establishment. I mean, there is a lot of things he did, people he appointed and surrounded himself with, and people he endorsed - not just in 2022, but in years past - that says he also loves him some establishment.

NCS, God bless you, but do you think it matters a ******* whit whom the (R) nominate??

I don't. I am instead going to spend my time and effort at target practice. I now join Ogre, Sarge and others who recognize the endgame has started.

I honestly want to know from folks what exactly makes Trump anti-establishment. I mean, there is a lot of things he did, people he appointed and surrounded himself with, and people he endorsed - not just in 2022, but in years past - that says he also loves him some establishment.

You are right, and he was stabbed in the back by the establishment ******, fired them and appointed a vastly better group.

That is one of the reasons he is so hated by the corporate ****** in D.C.

Edit. For crying out loud, the deleted part rhymes with sores and begins with a "w."

It still blows my mind. I could give two ***** about what rich **** prick is running things.

“How is my life and those around me doing” is the gage. Under the recent Dims, toilet for all I know. Under recent Rep, amazing.

I think half this county is ******* on the MR scale. “I can’t pay my bills, they to high”….but you keep voting dim, “yeah they be helping”.

Trumps attack on DeSantis isn't doing him any favors. He shouldn't act like a bully if he wants people to vote for him. It could end up being an ugly mess on the R side as kamala waltzes in to the oval office.

It's a super dumb strategy by Trump IMO. He is going to force people to choose between he and Disantis.....and many are going to choose Disantis.
I'm gonna choose Desantis. I'd like to punch Trump in his fat mouth right now. Idiot. Besides the fact that the Dems have the media and the tech world, part of their success is they don't do this crap to each other.

I'm gonna choose Desantis. I'd like to punch Trump in his fat mouth right now. Idiot. Besides the fact that the Dems have the media and the tech world, part of their success is they don't do this crap to each other.
I'd vote Desantis over Trump any day. I think he has the same drain the swamp/America first mentality but knows how to effectively walk through the political minefields infinitely better.

Trump is quickly shrinking his base with his personal attacks on Desantis and Youngkin. I personally know at least 5 people that have jumped OFF the Trump train this week. And these were die hard Trumpists. Desantis is smartly silent.

Ah, ever the victim. IMO, he is afraid of Desantis and is lashing out. The tide in America among conservatives is turning against him, and I think he knows it. He keeps after it like he is, he may end up getting embarrassed in 2024.

Trump is quickly shrinking his base with his personal attacks on Desantis and Youngkin. I personally know at least 5 people that have jumped OFF the Trump train this week. And these were die hard Trumpists. Desantis is smartly silent.
Love Trump but DeSantis is more electable. Besides the fact that Trump isn't always nice, I think he's getting too old to be President. Only two years younger than Biden but obviously in much better shape. The smart move would be to offer him something else like national GOP Chair, Secretary of State or Commerce, or run for the House and The Distinguished Representative From Palm Beach can be elected Speaker, that would be a blast.

Dems would never do this.....

NCS, God bless you, but do you think it matters a ******* whit whom the (R) nominate??

I don't. I am instead going to spend my time and effort at target practice. I now join Ogre, Sarge and others who recognize the endgame has started.

None of it really matters. The last 6 years made it solid for me.

It's a done deal. It was done when we elected a mentored marxist for president twice.

I sincerely hope Trump does not run but I know his ego won't let him let go. DeSantis or someone in the same mold, like Pickett, is the future. I'm not sure Trump could beat Biden or Harris and he certainly will lose to a Democrat like the CA Governor if he decides to run. Trump beat Hillary because he caught the Democrats napping - even I didn't think he stood a chance against Hillary - and they didn't spend time in what they thought was their "blue wall" of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Trump just can't accept disagreement and this is probably his greatest weakness - he attacks over the slightest perceived insult when he should just let some things slide.

Trumps attack on DeSantis isn't doing him any favors. He shouldn't act like a bully if he wants people to vote for him. It could end up being an ugly mess on the R side as kamala waltzes in to the oval office.
Honestly, while his policies I can get behind on, for the good of conservatism he needs to just shut up and move on to his life's work.

What should have been a cakewalk for Republicans in AZ failed in part because of the hatred of Trump.

For the first time, I am beginning to really dislike Trump.

In my opinion the best strategy for Trump would be to credit DeSantis for being a "good Republican" rather than bash him.
I believe not acting like an ogre for a change would draw more respect for him hence greater support.

I certainly would give him more respect.

Last edited: